What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Albany Sour Diesel Clone

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Been lurking this thread for a while in the hopes to find a cut of the "real sour" from back in WNY around 2003-2006. I thought I was on the hunt for the AJ cut, but after seeing the different foxtailing, all the photos in this thread, and hearing the reviews, the AJ isn't the one that I'm hunting down. I don't care if it's the "real sour", I just know the one we had was the Sour D around here.

I started growing in '03 so was later to the game than the original / weasel diesel going around, and the sour was one of the first cuts I grew, and kept up until about 2010. Ended up getting rid of it cuz it stunk so bad and took 75-80 days. Living in the suburbs back then, it was absolutely not possible to grow it. I lived in the city with it and it stunk out the whole block. My dog, and neighbors dog, got sprayed by skunks like 10 times one summer because of the sour. It was like pepe le pew to the skunks in the area.

Ever since NY legalized, all of the old heads are either keeping it real close, or it's not the same sour being passed around. My source dried up so that's not an option. About to pull the trigger on the Chaco cut as that seems to close to what I remember and I know someone with it. The JP cut seems to be pretty close as well. Out of this whole thread, this ECSD looks like the sour we had in the circle. It didn't have any citrus, it was just straight skunky fuel. If you have any leads on this clone or would be willing to part with one, please let me know!

These are the only pics I could find of the Sour we had back in the day. The first photo is when we got the sour. They were covered in mites and pretty rough looking. Second photo I was able to get them healthier and keep it around.
I still got it. Just post some more pics of your current grows and stick around for a while

iriveru

@BerryManilow as Craw said, he has it and it's in our circle in general. It's certainly accessible just stick around and you'll be able to get ahold of it.
There's like a dozen "sour" cuts and between myself, craw and our inner circle we literally have all of them. The Albany / Cloney Soprano cut is pure burnt rubber fuel / skunk on the stem rub and flowering plant, permeates through your walls despite having carbon filters. I'm from the 518 and this is identical to the Sour we were getting over a decade ago and it's about to be run side-by-side along with the other 10 cuts or so for verification purposes.

BerryManilow

Right on, glad to hear it's still alive and well! I've been reading all these posts and it's awesome to hear all of the backstories and learn the origins. Crazy how the flood of all these new genetics just takes me back to the originals. Call me nostalgic I guess, but there's something about the classics that brings me back to them. I was about to go through all of these versions myself but glad to see that you guys have put in the time and work. Appreciate you sharing all this good info! I'll be sticking around for a while. I have tons of recent grows to share with the class that I'm sure will turn a few heads. I've been running local NY cultivars for the past 20 years and have a couple 15 year old ones I'm still holding.
@BerryManilow as Craw said, he has it and it's in our circle in general. It's certainly accessible just stick around and you'll be able to get ahold of it.
There's like a dozen "sour" cuts and between myself, craw and our inner circle we literally have all of them. The Albany / Cloney Soprano cut is pure burnt rubber fuel / skunk on the stem rub and flowering plant, permeates through your walls despite having carbon filters. I'm from the 518 and this is identical to the Sour we were getting over a decade ago and it's about to be run side-by-side along with the other 10 cuts or so for verification purposes.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

I got pics of her in veg right now, it’s the original old school cut, smells like burnt rubber on the stem rub, throws gigantic colas

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Right on, glad to hear it's still alive and well! I've been reading all these posts and it's awesome to hear all of the backstories and learn the origins. Crazy how the flood of all these new genetics just takes me back to the originals. Call me nostalgic I guess, but there's something about the classics that brings me back to them. I was about to go through all of these versions myself but glad to see that you guys have put in the time and work. Appreciate you sharing all this good info! I'll be sticking around for a while. I have tons of recent grows to share with the class that I'm sure will turn a few heads. I've been running local NY cultivars for the past 20 years and have a couple 15 year old ones I'm still holding.
Old NY cuts you say? What do you have? I’m about to score the Elvis from a buddy that just got her back

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Notsodog sour diesel cut. It’s the real sour diesel from back in the day. Notsodog got it from Gaby Gardenspout and I have word from reliable sources that Gaby was friends with Manny, the dude that popped sour diesel. I hear LOTS of praise on this particular cut, very skunky in flower, cures up to a nice sour, skunk 🦨
IMG_3054.jpeg
IMG_3051.jpeg
IMG_3052.jpeg

Jutachi

Notsodog sour diesel cut. It’s the real sour diesel from back in the day. Notsodog got it from Gaby Gardenspout and I have word from reliable sources that Gaby was friends with Manny, the dude that popped sour diesel. I hear LOTS of praise on this particular cut, very skunky in flower, cures up to a nice sour, skunk 🦨 View attachment 18991748 View attachment 18991749 View attachment 18991751
Looks nice n healthy. Hoping the one i'm running now from Cloney is the one im looking for, if not I know where to look next ;)

Drbuds

About a month after receiving my Cloney Albany cut. She's looking okay, she's grown a lot but I cant seem to get the yellowing to go away. Transplanted into the Earth box about 2 weeks ago, it has 2 year old coots mix and I've been feeding her plain water with recharge top feed once a week. I've also noticed she does not like a lot of light, the leaves taco quite a bit. Maybe its too much food for such an old plant with the coots mix and recharge 1x a week? Or is it too little? What are other people feeding your Diesel cuts? I also have not done any training to her yet, is there anything that's recommended?

Attachments

• IMG_2151.jpg
    IMG_2151.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2065.jpg
    IMG_2065.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22

iriveru

About a month after receiving my Cloney Albany cut. She's looking okay, she's grown a lot but I cant seem to get the yellowing to go away. Transplanted into the Earth box about 2 weeks ago, it has 2 year old coots mix and I've been feeding her plain water with recharge top feed once a week. I've also noticed she does not like a lot of light, the leaves taco quite a bit. Maybe its too much food for such an old plant with the coots mix and recharge 1x a week? Or is it too little? What are other people feeding your Diesel cuts? I also have not done any training to her yet, is there anything that's recommended?
Hey, honestly I had the same exact issue and I can tell you right now you’re underfeeding. She’s prefers nitrogen heavy feeds and id recommend upping the calcium a bit as well to allow for better N uptake. I use Jacks 321 formula with slownickel’s triple threat calcium bundle and a few other extra inputs i rotate in n out. I suggest avoiding plain water in general, im giving food with every feed on this cut specifically and it only makes it happier. Happy growing

Jutachi

Id send a soil sample in to get it tested and make sure theres a good balanced nute ratio in there and that the ph of the soil is in range. She looks hungry to me tbh. I grow in coco so I wish I could help you more but Ill tell you she sure does love nitrogen and calcium. Id also make sure your environment is set up good for her. I was giving her 77-80F and 65-70 RH.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
This thread is such a compelling read thus far, and I swear my tongue felt heavy and coated after seeing those pics haha. Thanks for bringing this information and pics to the public, it brings back some fun memories.
I think I might have to look into picking up this Cloney Soprano cut myself, as I’ve been mulling over mums for a Jamaican lambs bread project and haven’t settled on anything yet. I might have to do a few runs and put her in the running. I was never lucky enough to grow the really deal back in the day but I had a friend who did who supplied me with amble buds of the stuff.

I’m curious, anyone do any breeding with this cut? How dominate is she coming through?