What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ak48 DWC Closet grow #1.

ickster

Man that sucks. Same thing happened to me. 7 seeds planted, 5 males. A real let down. Thank God for the clones!!

420ponics

Nah, I'm not going to smoke it (don't smoke), not going to sell it, this is purely hobby. I may give them away, I'll probably trash them seeing no one knows I grow and would wonder why I am giving them free weed lol! I just wanted to grow sensimilla style. Perhaps my next grow. It's been fun so far, and my remaining plants are looking great! Thanks for the caring feeling guys ; )

Ponics. :joint:

420ponics

I have one runt ass AK plant left haha! All of my others hermied or were male. I am only dealing with clones for the most part from here on out unless I am starting a new strain obviously. Anyway my plants are looking great. They are now sitting at 1120 ppm lucas with 66ppm before nutes. Pics from day 23 and 25 of flower all of my white widow, skunk and the runt AK is somewhere in the group shot. It's pathetic though.

day 23 pics....

day 25 flower.

420ponics

Day 30 guys. The buds are getting tight and the little popcorn kids are growing together nicely. My single AK looks like shit, but that's because it was the runt plant to begin with. I'm keeping it only because it's female and this started as an AK grow thread. These are my WWxBB and skunk! Either way, this is still my first grow so enjoy the pics and get high!

Ponics.

JBLUNTS

MY AK's have ALL hermied and I think it even turned my WWxBB (which WAS looking totally awesome) bi as well. I could puke I'm so upset! The one AK that I have left, only has balls on some of the branches/colas and my WWxBB only like 2 or 3 of the branches. I've been piking them off but that just seems like a waste of time. I'm on day 30 of flower. I'm wondering how much worse the balls will get withing the next 15 days??? Anyone know???

Question I have is this...

If I take clones from my WWxBB, which was full on female but has now hermied, will the clones hermie too??

420ponics

JBLUNTS said:
MY AK's have ALL hermied and I think it even turned my WWxBB (which WAS looking totally awesome) bi as well. I could puke I'm so upset! The one AK that I have left, only has balls on some of the branches/colas and my WWxBB only like 2 or 3 of the branches. I've been piking them off but that just seems like a waste of time. I'm on day 30 of flower. I'm wondering how much worse the balls will get withing the next 15 days??? Anyone know???

Question I have is this...

If I take clones from my WWxBB, which was full on female but has now hermied, will the clones hermie too??

Hey buddy, sucks about the AK's man : ( I dunno what's up with these things herming! My skunk and WWxBB are looking great though. I'll get several ounces for sure. Anyway, to answer your question about it herming. No, Just because one female turns hermie, that does not mean that a clone will hermie. As a matter of fact, if that plant produces seeds (has enough time left in flower for the seeds to mature), then the majority if not all of the seeds should be female plants. That's IF the plant that pollenated it was a female that hermied. This is actually how the feminized seeds are produced which you see available online and what not.

Basically what I am saying is to create a female seed. You take a female clone. Flower it, and manually hermie it. There are several ways to do this, but I won't get into that. The hermied plant pollenates a full female and the seeds produced will be 80-100% female (the success rate of females often depends on the strain). Good luck with the rest of your plants. Once your plants are more near to cropping, I wouldn't worry about picking off those sacks seeing that there will be no time for the plants to produce seeds or mess with your yield anyway. I am talking really close to harvest time though. Hope this helps.

Ponics.

420ponics

Day 37 and they are looking better everyday! I have a P and K booster on the way and I have been busy optmizing my PH for the best phosphorus uptake. Anyway, the nutes should be here in a few days and I am basically just proud of my plants thus far. The buds are getting very large! I can't wait to see what the additives will do! Here are some pics.

Ponics.

This is one of the ones that got burned near the beginning of flower, I didn't cut anything and just kept on letting it grow. Now there is an explosion of buds all over the top. It's like one massive ball! I'm getting some real weight just from that one portion of the plant.

This is another one that was burned some time back, it looks good as well.

420ponics

A few more of day 37 on day 37. I moved some lights around, my 3 cfl lights that I have scattered about eliminating some shadows.

Ponics.

deepsoul

hey 420: weird that ya nirvana ak48s hermied? i feel for ya mate..just like it hurt when I only got 2 females out of my 10 ak48s..dsn't matter now tho as I have 8 healthy clones which aren't really clones anymore.... and well im about 3 weeks away from harvesting the 2 ak48s I have in flower...i seeded the lower buds and sampled with a m8 a few days ago froma lower bud...we got so stoned it wasn't funny, class all the way as we microwaved a lower bud.....anywayz will update my thread when i can be bothered.(i have been taking photos tho, but no1 seemed interested)...pretty crazy strain tho..smells like cat piss kinda..soo many thrichomes and the one plant I topped that was the runt has 4 x 1 and a falf foot long colas on it..prooly more than a foot long...crazy crazy shit..

peace bro

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
I think the hermies mostly occurs for nirvanas AKs (ak48). The AKs from serious seeds (ak47) almost never herm.

3 out of 5 ak48 seeds hermed for me, leaving me with 2 fems. But 6/10 of my buddys ak47 seeds were all female, and the rest were non hermy males.

Last edited:

420ponics

Well guys, I'm glad to see that IC mag is finally back up! Hell yes! Anyway, I have completed my grow and after the chop and manacure and removale of the stems and such I totalled 11oz off of my WWxBB and my Skunk and my single runty AK48. A male pollen sack busted somewhere because there were a few seeds throughout the plants, but not many at all however the AK48 was rather littered with them. Sorry I don't have pics of the final manicure, but here are some after the chop and cure. Along with various other pics ; )

kingspade

good job ponics, i've been following your grow...
11oz, not bad, should last ya awhile...
how's she taste? u get a full cure yet?

420ponics

Alas! A comment! It's top notch shit! I don't smoke personally, I just grow it for fun. It's fully cured and a few people I know have smoked it and love it! Some took 1 hit and felt it, others say it took 2 or 3. The shit smells like candy! They say it smokes really nicely as well. : ) I already have some in soil right now ; ) Getting ready for my first outdoor and I will be setting up more hydro grows soon : )

G

Very nice ponics.. Looks like where both smokin some nice candy this summer! Looks awsome man.

Well fuckin done!

G

420ponics said:
I have one runt ass AK plant left haha! All of my others hermied or were male.

:joint: Thats funny(not funny ha ha,funny sux!),because i had nine males and a runt with my ten AK 48's also and the runt was so bad i didnt even try to flower it out let alone clone it,oh well atleast every other Nirvana strain ive grown to completion was pretty sweet.Peace and stay safe,DancesWithWeed

Latest posts

Latest posts