What's new

AK47 x Blueberry Grow-n-Show

rebo

This is a grow of two plants that I started a couple of months ago, and is almost finished. I've documented it along the way with pictures. I hope you enjoy.

The seeds are Lowlife's auto AK47 x Blueberry. For the soil I mixed 2]two parts FFOF, with two parts FFLW, one part perlite, and one half part worm castings and used 1 gallon pots for the duration of the grow. The nutes consisted of FF grow big, FF big bloom, and FF tiger bloom, all were mixed to half strength. I water/feed by 'feel' when the pots get light to pick up, I water/feed that plant. I germinate the seeds in a paper towel. Once the taproot is about half an inch long I place the germed seed in an expanded jiffy puck and let it grow in the covered jiffy contanier that way for a week or so, keeping it moist in there until the plant begins to get strong, at which point the pucks are planted in the soil.

My water with nutes PH's out to between 6 and 7.

PH.jpg

One of the plants I let grow normally and one plant I LST'd, just to see what would happen to the yield.

That's all I can think of right now, so on to the pics..

1AKxBBinJiffyPellets.jpg

2AKxBBSeedlingStretch.jpg

3AKxBBItsaGirl.jpg

4AKxBBGrowing.jpg

5AKxBBGrowing2.jpg

6AKxBBPreLST.jpg

7AKxBBBabyFlowers.jpg

8AKxBBLST.jpg

9AKxBBNonLST.jpg

10AKxBBLST2.jpg

11AKxBBNonLST2.jpg

12AKxBBMiniJungle.jpg

13AKxBB7-8weeks.jpg

14AKxBBRipeningBud.jpg

So.. that's where I'm at in the grow, and as you can see the plant is almost ready to harvest. It is really gard to tell if LST'ing helped the yield or not.. Right now my gut and eyes say it didn't help, but I won't know until they've both been harvested.. The LST'd plant looks to be about a week or so behind the normally grown plant, I think LST'ing it may have set it back, since the seeds were planted at the same time.

EDIT: I've been asked about the lighting (since I totally spaced it out) so I'll add it here now.
These were grown from seed under a 150W HPS (at first in the shade of a couple of other plants) then after a week or so under the full strength of the light. The lighting schedule was a fairly standard 18/6 for this strain of auto.. I've also heard they do well under 20/4, but I'm a cheap S.O.B. so I saved a few pennies on electricity and went with the longer dark period. Especially since the yield differences are so slight between the 2 schedules.

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Nice grow rebo, looks like so really good smoke. Hope the LST helped.

rebo

Nice grow rebo, looks like so really good smoke. Hope the LST helped.

Thanks Spicoli, yah I'm hoping the LST helped too .. not sure if it will though since the veg time is so short.. Basically I LST'd to help expose the lower flower sites to the light, and hopefully plump them up. I won't know until the final weigh in though.

rebo

at which point did you start to lst the one you did?

second dude06 on the lighting q. ...

looks sweet though geez.

Thanks pimp_grow!, I started the LST a little late (about week 3 or so..) that's when I felt the plant was large enough to mess with like that, but still young enough to hopefully influence it's development. The lower buds look better because of it, but I don't know if the final weight will actually be better or worse than the one I let grow 'normally'. Either way it was a fun experiment with an auto flowering strain, and I'm looking forward to giving a smoke report, and some pre, and post harvest pics.

rebo

Nice girls...where did you get the seeds??
Hey sidekick20, thanks man.. they are really starting to look tasty lol.. I got the seeds from Dr Chronic. They have been a very reliable source.. So far every seed I've tried from them has germed, but that doesn't necessarily reflect on them as much as it does lowlife..

oh it definitely makes a difference.you made the right decision.lst is an easy way to increase yield.. gj man.have you sampled any yet?

DIRT DIGGLER

those are some lovely ladies you got there,I got the lowlife ak's out of 10 germed,7 popped,5 broke the surface.they just showed sex today it looks like 3 girls 1 boy.....1 still undetermined think she's a girl,she should show her true self tomorrow..gonna do a seedrun for summer.cuz seeds ain't cheap. again congrats on them fine ladies.

rebo

oh it definitely makes a difference.you made the right decision.lst is an easy way to increase yield.. gj man.have you sampled any yet?

Cool man.. I can hardly wait to harvest the LST'd plant.. I haven't sampled any of thiese yet. I've been smoking some LR2 that I harvested a month or so ago.. turned out to be some pretty good smoke.. thanks man.

rebo

those are some lovely ladies you got there,I got the lowlife ak's out of 10 germed,7 popped,5 broke the surface.they just showed sex today it looks like 3 girls 1 boy.....1 still undetermined think she's a girl,she should show her true self tomorrow..gonna do a seedrun for summer.cuz seeds ain't cheap. again congrats on them fine ladies.

Hey Dirt Diggler, Thanks for stopping by! Good deal on the seed run man. I just did a seed run on some LR2. I pollenated only the nottom-most flowers and got almost 100 seeds from her, and the smoke was still rockin'.
Thanks a lot bro, and good luck on those ladies!

rebo

Wow, they showed sex so early and then got so fat and chunky for a 150hps on top of that. Not bad, pretty nice grow.

Thanks burmesedragon. yeah it was a trip how quickly she showed me her pubes <grin>..

I made a cool tube from a bake-a-round so I can keep the 150W about 2 inches away from the tops of the plants. I think that might have made a difference on how nicely the plants thicken up with such a low wattage.

rebo

Hey KRK, Thanks for checking out my grow.. Total was about 9-10 weeks seed to harvest.. I just harvested one plant and will post pics in a few minutes.

rebo

Harvested one

Harvested one

I just finished harvesting the non-lst'd plant and have it drying right now.
The plant is basically one huge bud before trimming. The bud is tight and decently sized, and while trimming off the 'water leaf' I did notice a distinct blueberry smell.. very nice.. It is super sticky and smelly. I got a few balls of finger hash from the scissors and my fingers after harvesting. I am drying the buds in a paper bag, where they will stay for about a week or so until dry, then they will go into a Mason jar for curing.

Here are a few pictures of the non-lst'd plant being harvested. :joint:

P1010581.jpg

P1010582.jpg

P1010585.jpg

I will post a smoke report once the plant has finished drying, and has cured for a little while..
Looking at the plant, I think I could've waited at least another week before harvesting, but it was at about 10% to 20% amber, and I'm running low on smoke, so I went for it.. The lst'd plant will continue ripening for another week before I harvest it.