What's new

AK47 - 1000w

Deviant420

Well, waited for some White Russians... but AK47's come instead :D.

Temps are a solid 80 degrees on the edges of the room, 77-83 in the canopy.
Had a problem with yellowing when they were in 16oz containers. 4 days after being in the 16oz solo cups, they showed good root growth:

After transplant, things have been getting better with more room, nutrients, and mistings.

One of my best:

I am getting a new ballast for my 400w MH tomorrow, along with some cal-mag which I think might help clear up any deficiencies. They are sitting under my 1000w in the mean time. I have another 1000w hood and ballast, just waiting to sort things out with electrical. Also, thinking of going R.O., but we will see. At last check, run off settled at 6.8 pH and 600ppm (before transplant), so things are more or less on mark.

I will let them Veg out for another week or so till they hit 16"-20". I have 4 feet of plant room factoring in light-height and container height. Does this sound right? I'm expecting a final plant height around 3.75 feet, although I can work some magic with the light and gain another foot of plant height( I have a long lead of chain on the light before it s-hooks into the other lead, making it easily adjustable ).

Lookin/Soundin good?

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Ya know, I'm wondering if some of the problems when there were in the cups was from not having enough holes in the bottoms of the cups? Somethin ta keep in mind next time. Anyway, yeah lookin good! keep in mind they will double and sometimes triple in hieght, so I wouldn't wait too much longer. Btw, if yuv limed yer soil properly you shouldn't need the cal-mag. I would check with yer water company and see what kinda chlorine you have in yer water tho. It's nice when you can jus set the water out ta let the chlorine evaporate and use it. Good luck man, I'll pop back in later ta see how yer doin. Take care... BC

M

moses224

Are those 1 or 3g grow bags? I just bought a bunch and am curious thanks

Deviant420

3 gallon. My room is 6.5'x5' and could easily fit 20, stuffed with 30. Just need to get my other HPS up and running!

Last edited:

Deviant420

Now were cooking at 2400 watts

I got another 1000w ballast and bulb, already had the hood. Also, got my replacement 400w MH ballast. That makes 2400 watts total, 2000w of which is flowering.

Yeah, I bought an aero rooter. Was nicely discounted and damn near brand new :D 2 AK Moms being kept, probably go bonsai status.

And then there was 10

Macro test shot on MH Mom

Giving them 2-3 mistings a day with some superthrive water (1 drop / gal). Seem to be enjoying it.

I have seen excellent growth since I started the superthrive mistings yesterday. My biggest one finally passed the 11" mark while may shorty went from 4" to 6" tall overnight. Plants are continuing to fill in. Debating flipping the lights on Monday (that would make 1 week after transplant to 3gals), but am debating pushing it out another week to ensure solid root development. Depending on vertical growth between then and now, the deciding factor may be vertical space.

C

cork144

why not run the 400watt mh also? mh will help make denser buds, some also say it has abit of a UVB spectrum which will increase the resin production, and 400watts of light even at MH spectrum can only help but increase yeilds even abit.

Deviant420

I plan on using the 400mh for veg/clones/moms right now, although after checking some temps tonight I'm about at my cap for lights in the room.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with your plans adding the MH will not give any noticeable difference. I only use MH when in veg and thats only when my HPS buls are old. I have not seen a difference when I use HPS for veg.

Deviant420

Temps are a little warm in flowering right now. Sitting around 83-84 degrees with 15% humidity. Might be time to upgrade to that 6" centrifugal instead of the 4" squirrel cage I'm using for intake.

Deviant420

3 gallon transplant + 7 days. ~3 weeks overall.

Comparison to 3 days ago

10 clones that will be flowered. 9-14" high and 7-8 nodes. Roots have just reached the bottom of the grow bags. Looks like my feeding of liquid karma helped 'em out a little bit. They are drinking up 1/2 gal ever 4-5 days right now.

Macro love

I want to flower them in a week. I'm a little worried on their stretch though. Should I do it sooner?

Last edited:

Hovz

Deviant420 said:
I want to flower them in a week. I'm a little worried on their stretch though. Should I do it sooner?

This is a question i'm wondering for myself, i think i would flower at 16-18 inches tall.

nice grow by the way, i'm pullin up a seat. :joint:

roor smoker

This is nice man. i'm gonna def keep up with this thread and hope your around to update. i will learn a bunch off this. be safe

Deviant420

roor smoker said:
This is nice man. i'm gonna def keep up with this thread and hope your around to update. i will learn a bunch off this. be safe

I update quite a bit since I'm around quite a bit, though sometime it doesn't seem like they are growin' when you check them 3,4, or 5 times a day.

Hovz said:
This is a question i'm wondering for myself, i think i would flower at 16-18 inches tall.

nice grow by the way, i'm pullin up a seat.

I'm thinking the same thing after I read a thread a few days ago speaking to the fact that sativas may very well continue veg into flower, and hence root growth, whereas indicas stop veg quickly.

So instead of an inches measurement, I'm sticking with 2 weeks from transplant into flowering containers to ensure a solid root system.

Thanks for the kind words both of you.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have a very nice grow going. I have 2 ak 47 in veg now. I hope I get a girl from one of them.

K

KINGKONG

Everything is looking good so far bro. Got a nice AK cut that was given to me, cant wait to see how yours look.

Im not sure about the strech. Mine are all in veg right now.

Last grow i flowered out some Black Russians and couple other strains about the size yours are now. Mine where in 5gallon buckets and i got over 4oz off each plant under 2/1000s.

If you have the money id put em in some 5gallons before flowering. Regardless they'll do ok.

K

KINGKONG

Here is a room shot from last time. The ones on the left are all in 5 gallons.

51433DSCN2305.JPG

Deviant420

KingKong

Those look excellent. Chopped 'em at about 3ft I assume?

I don't have a mix of soil that's been cooked yet for my next round, so I think a transplant is out. I'm running an organic soil mix that I suspect might be a bit too lean on nutrients, but we will see come flowering. Anywho I give it about 4 weeks to let the mycorhizzae break down the nutrients and build cultures. Also, I have a stack of 3gal grow bags, so I might as well use them. However, I can't say I haven't thought about making the 3 gal a mid stage and placing them in 5 gal homes for flowering, 2 weeks before 12/12.

All in all, I think I'm going to stick with going another week and letting them go 12/12. If I need to amend with liquid organic ferts towards the end, so be it. My recipe will be adjusted for the next round.

I know I have the watts/sqft to be doing something worthy of the genetics. Wouldn't mind a 4+oz x 10 plant harvest, though :rasta: :rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

Spoiler Alert: I'm looking at some new genetics right now to add to the mommas, maybe some Trainwreck :D

Latest posts

Latest posts