What's new

AJ' Sour Diesel info

Desert Dan

Veteran
picture.php

Some AJ Sour at 9 weeks looking rough... Started to fade at week 4/5 and never came back. Most finicky plant yet. Still smells like sweet hot garbage though!

-DD :canabis:

JetLife175

Veteran
View Image

Some AJ Sour at 9 weeks looking rough... Started to fade at week 4/5 and never came back. Most finicky plant yet. Still smells like sweet hot garbage though!

-DD :canabis:

I always fed the AJ at half strength of my usual mix. And yeah it’s really annoying and finicky. Props either way. Nugs look fire.

Desert Dan

Veteran
Finished up at 11 weeks... Was the ugliest plant in the tent, but hands down stole the show sharing the stage with WIFI43, Peanut Butter Breath, and Banana OG.

Trimmed up last and made me want to throw the previous plants in the hash pile (maybe not the PBB).

Quick dry bowl no cure tasted like lemon lime GAS! Oh and it yields like a pig! No larf at all. Crazy the AJ doesn’t get more love these days :dunno:

-DD

Desert Dan

Veteran
:yeahthats:

Just did a rosin run with the AJ and it rained terps down on the parchment! Best strain I’ve squished yet!

-DD

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Nice image, the top one Get mo, Looking good..DD
Thanks DD! Used the full photostack n lightbox on that one. The bottom one was spare of the moment thought itd be cool to set a nug on the SNES and use the power button for the name.🤣

rhinoman 1

i agree ^^^ the Sour D that i had a long time ago & am familiar with and want back is the one that was going around Central NYS in the Mid 2000's ...i dont remember anything sweet or citrus ...it had a biting sour taste & incredibly strong weed ... it was funky sour skunky & earthy and it had good vigor, grew really well , rooted easy...had everything and yielded good
Right on. A true 5 star plant

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Really nice flower like the name too. Great stuff.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
dirty diaper funk i call it. Tangy. Definitely the stuff we were getting in the tristate in the mid 2ks.

picture.php

I'll sort through and find some mo pics later.. I prob have some uploaded. I love her.

Old thread I know... But is this the AJ or what are we looking at here? This looks like an old sour cut that used to go around in Kentucky and it smelled like a dirty diaper as well.

Desert Dan

Veteran
1685129377607.jpeg
Just pulled some down… I get a more garlic, body odor, citrus gas smell. No dirty diaper. I got more citrus with salts this round, more body odor funk with organics.

She looking a mess from some photon stress. Stretched right up into my cob leds.

-DD

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
AG, your sour is coming along great! Long bottom.. she’s a beast!

Love me some AJ. She’d probably be perfect at 10 weeks. I️ had to take her a couple days early.
She drinks a ton.. more than her friends that were sharing a drip line, so early on mine both dried out and locked up. The foliage never looked the same but the nuggetry turned out fantastic.

Her nose is much like her mother’s with just an extra layer of citrus. To me it isn’t a specific citrus, not particularly grapefruits or orange, or lime, just sour. The nose isn’t the loudest. It was outcompeted in my run by corey

She’s funky and gassy. And you definitely smell Chem at the forefront.

As has been said, it’s not her nose but her smoke. It tastes great sure.. but it’s the buzz. It hits you quick and takes you way up.

I️ understand her story as was posted earlier. The original diesel (and it’s many other names) was accidentally pollinated to create the seeds from which AJ was found.
I’ll round up a couple pics
This about sums it up… drinks two or three more times as much as everything else.

Not as loud as you’d want from “sour diesel” but damn if she’s not in my top 5 after running every cut I could get my hands on these past 3 years.

-DD

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
View attachment 18846577 Just pulled some down… I get a more garlic, body odor, citrus gas smell. No dirty diaper. I got more citrus with salts this round, more body odor funk with organics.

She looking a mess from some photon stress. Stretched right up into my cob leds.

-DD

Nice... I've had an AJ cut I got from a veteran forum member here for quite sometime. I think he acquired her in 04 or 06. I think I'm going to run her this time around and also gonna give the Daywrecker a shot. I have the SkunkTek and Riri cut as well, anxious to see how they all turn out.