What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AirPots vs regular cups/pots

I have a love hate relastionship for air pots most of the time i love them just hate taking all of them apart to clean after use... LAZYNESS lol there great pots... i dont use the blue screws i just zip tie them.. Always lose the blue screws

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Air pots are the shit, when treated properly.

Make sure your soil is evenly filling the pot and all the holes. I pack my airpots a lil bit more than I do regular pots or bags. I also make sure to run the soil up an inch or so all around the edges of the pot... making it look like a bowl with the plant stem in the center. I still water slowly and it all stays in the pot.
Water frequently and slowly and all will be well. If you let the pot dry out.... Next time you water, you will see it run out from different holes until the soil in the pot is evenly moist.

I agree about the zip ties too. Much easier to deal with.

:tiphat:

redclover

I got it down now! I've tried several methods and ingredients. There should be a vid on hand watering.

I agree with Marlo. Keep moist and water slowly. Aloe, yucca, and other saponins help a lot in soil. I actually changed my soil mix a little, and went with less drainage due to all the air from sides.

Latest posts

Latest posts