What's new

ahhhhhhh the joy of snipe bidding on eBay!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got lucky tonight by sniping out two other last second bidders on a Vortex fan. I've needed a new fan for a while but refuse to pay full price (a new 6" Vortex being close to $200 w/shipping) when I could get one on eBay for $86.30 in this case. There's loads of cheap hydro goods on eBay every day.

btw, my bid went in with 2 seconds to spare which never gives the other bidders a chance to up their bids.......

greenhead

Veteran
Stoner4Life said:

btw, my bid went in with 2 seconds to spare which never gives the other bidders a chance to up their bids.......

If it went for $86, then what if somebody else had entered $100 as their max bid earlier, then you would have automatically been outbid, with only 2 seconds left, isn't that how ebay works ?

:joint: :wave:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
greenhead said:
If it went for $86, then what if somebody else had entered $100 as their max bid earlier, then you would have automatically been outbid, with only 2 seconds left, isn't that how ebay works ?

well they didn't and that's why I'll be getting the fan at the max price I was wanted to pay for it. Had it not been this fan it would've been another fan auction in a day or two. OH! also I'd bid well over $100.00 but the other bidders didn't.

greenhead

Veteran
Stoner4Life said:
well they didn't and that's why I'll be getting the fan at the max price I was wanted to pay for it. Had it not been this fan it would've been another fan auction in a day or two. OH! also I'd bid well over $100.00 but the other bidders didn't.

Oh, ok, guess you were lucky then, because the few times that I've bid on ebay auctions, the prices would go up like crazy, even hundreds of dollars in the last few seconds (depending upon what you're bidding on of course), because almost everybody had entered these maximum highest bid prices, which were way higher than the amount that the item currently was at.

But you're right, they didn't on your auction, and you got what you wanted, and that's all that counts, so congrats !

thcbound

Yeah a few weeks ago I sniped a sniper : )

I was the leading bidder on an auction for about 2 days prior to the auction ending, figured I was getting a great deal and so I was on the lookout for snipers... someone tried sniping me with 16 seconds to go in the auction... ended up submitting my winning bid with only 4 seconds to go :)

Bet that guy was pissed!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thcbound said:
Yeah a few weeks ago I sniped a sniper : )

I was the leading bidder on an auction for about 2 days prior to the auction ending, figured I was getting a great deal and so I was on the lookout for snipers... someone tried sniping me with 16 seconds to go in the auction... ended up submitting my winning bid with only 4 seconds to go :)

Bet that guy was pissed!
wtg! yeah I was also high bidder for a few days on the fan, looked today & saw I was outbid by a dollar, but as mentioned I got by with a good snipe bid tonight.

I collect Randall knives, some of them have gone for over $7,000.00 (not mine btw) and so I know what you mean by prices jumping by 100s of $$$ at the last second. I've been beat by snipe bidding many times too but eventually I'll find what I want at a fair price to pay.

dbuzz

Veteran
does ebay have a snipe bidding tool or do you have to use software? haven't used ebay in yyears

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dbuzz said:
does ebay have a snipe bidding tool or do you have to use software? haven't used ebay in yyears
no, you need to watch the clock, you also need to synchronize your clock to eBay time.......

I like to keep two windows open: one with the bidding confirmation page and another with the auction that shows how much time is left and at what price. Just keep refreshing the auction and bid in the last 2 seconds from the other window.

Kaos!

Is'nt this the the "eBay-boycott" week?
I've stopped selling on eBay along time ago due to their Sellers fees, but from what I've been hearing, they want to increase them even more...screw Them!

Kaos!

dbuzz

Veteran
Stoner4Life said:
no, you need to watch the clock, you also need to synchronize your clock to eBay time.......

i see. so you guys just do it manually. i thought there used to be an ebay program to do all the last minute bidding for you..?

btw, you must cause alot of:
Y_U_Outbid_Me-1.jpg

:muahaha:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
burning_red said:
I did a search for 'ebay auctions' as I didn't want to start a whole new thread for a $5,000 cornflake but WTF!

how much is that gonna sniped for?Some people have wayyy too much money

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110233337338

That $5,000 corn flake is now $180,300.00

EDIT: Now @ $200,500.00

Seller had this to say about the corn flake.......
eBay 'corn flake' Seller: melissabyu said:
This is a great opportunity to own a frosted corn flake shaped like the great state of Illinois! This frosted corn flake was pulled out of a box of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes and has undergone no alterations to is shape or appearance. It's uncanny resemblance is completely natural!

The corn flake is larger than your average flake, measuring about 2 inches in length and 1 3/8 inches in width, and is just lightly frosted. Its large size adds impact to its unusual shape.

This is a must have item for any Illinois lover, collector of food lookalikes, or anyone who desires a unique conversation item!

Free Shipping to Illinois!

Last edited:
G

I wish them lots of luck in collecting over $200,000 for a freekin' CORNFLAKE!!

Latest posts

Latest posts