What's new

Agent Orange and attony genaral Sessions strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didn't get carried away w the adjectives. I used them for a reason. Along the lines of punditry..which is often used when discussing politics..
And it's not dancing around I thought I made pretty clear points..
And I believe you are making part of my argument for me. So sensitive...You wonder why the right calls us snowflakes?

Genghis Kush

interesting how these people attack liberalism when its the very essence of what the United States was founded on.
They have no clue what the word means yet they try and use it as an insult by tying it retardation and weakness.
sounds like a psychological projection of their own mental state.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And if you cared about more than just YOUR viewpoint...You might want to get upset at my opinion ofcurrent conservatives being the most hypocritical liars in generations!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting how these people attack liberalism when its the very essence of what the United States was founded on.
They have no clue what the word means yet they try and use it as an insult by tying it retardation.
Its like a psychological projection of their own mental state.
I was using it in a sarcastic way..As I have MANY times on these boards...I used to call myself a liberal..For 30 years..Now I just call myself a Democrat...Don't get my intent wrong...I have a MUCH healthier dislike for the right vs the left...Want proof? Look thru my recent posts..AND I believe you are also making my argument for me!
And again...nobody from the right objecting to my view that they are Jesusfukrs..Which is much more controversial than libtard don't you think? Not too mention this country was also founded on baby Jesus..Guess what everyone? It ain't 240 years ago!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I didn't get carried away w the adjectives. I used them for a reason. Along the lines of punditry..which is often used when discussing politics..
And it's not dancing around I thought I made pretty clear points..
And I believe you are making part of my argument for me. So sensitive...You wonder why the right calls us snowflakes?

Yes you did.
I'll give you another pundit.
It was dancing.
You resemble that remark.

I don't want to talk a mile. I'm done.

Snowflake :moon:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I love how people always say "I'm done", like it's a big drop the mic moment, and then the next day, they're back on the same thread like nothing happened.:laughing:

vta

Veteran
Yes you did.
I'll give you another pundit.
It was dancing.
You resemble that remark.

I don't want to talk a mile. I'm done.

Snowflake :moon:

29zcyeh.jpg

Genghis Kush

I was using it in a sarcastic way..As I have MANY times on these boards...I used to call myself a liberal..For 30 years..Now I just call myself a Democrat...Don't get my intent wrong...I have a MUCH healthier dislike for the right vs the left...Want proof? Look thru my recent posts..AND I believe you are also making my argument for me!
And again...nobody from the right objecting to my view that they are Jesusfukrs..Which is much more controversial than libtard don't you think? Not too mention this country was also founded on baby Jesus..Guess what everyone? It ain't 240 years ago!

Founded on baby jesus?

The founders went out of their way to establish a separation of church and state because they where liberals. I'm not sure what your argument is either?
All personal freedoms we enjoy have been attained for us by liberals.

Genghis Kush

Liberalism was once based on personal freedoms...now it's based on moral and social authority.

I think people confuse liberalism with cultural Marxism. And the attempt at providing a level of equality for all those we share society with can often get mixed up with authoritarianism. But I see authoritarianism and liberalism as being fundamentally opposed to one another.

Jhhnn

Veteran
some new info from jeff sessions via politico:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is signaling that the Trump administration plans to make changes to policies the Obama administration implemented to seek less serious charges in some drug cases.

In a memo sent to federal prosecutors nationwide Wednesday, Sessions called on them to crack down on violent crime. Most surely already view that as a core part of their duties.

However, another passage in the directive says changes in Justice Department charging policies are in the offing.

"I encourage you to employ the full complement of federal law to address the problem of violent crime in your district," Sessions wrote. "Further guidance and support in executing this priority — including an updated memo on charging for all criminal case s— will be forthcoming."

Legal experts said the language indicates that Sessions is planning to make significant revisions to policies Attorney General Eric Holder issued in 2010 backing away from prior directions that prosecutors seek the most serious viable charges in every case and in 2013 calling for prosecutors to avoid seeking mandatory minimum sentences in some cases by leaving the quantity of drugs seized out of charging documents.

"My take is the Holder memo is toast," said Ohio State University law professor Doug Berman. "Holder said you don't have to charge mandatory minimums and it looks like they're going to say, 'Oh, yes, you do have to.'"

Sessions has said repeatedly, before and after being sworn in last month, that believes recent increases in murders are not an aberration but a product of a drop in prosecution of drug and gun crimes during President Barack Obama's terms in office.

The focus the new attorney general is putting on violent crime could shift resources away from other Justice Department activities, such as prosecuting cybercrime and business frauds. The re-ordering of priorities could also adversely impact environmental and civil rights enforcement, although such cases are usually handled primarily from DOJ headquarters.

Berman said the memos from above probably matter less than the inclinations of prosecutors in the field. If new Trump-appointed U.S. attorneys push for more aggressive handling of cases, defendants could be looking at more serious charges and longer prison terms in the coming years.

With prison privatization, too. Perverse incentives abound.

Just think of ball breaking mandatory minimums as a Repub job plan. They create the shittiest job in the country, being a prisoner. Hey, it's one of the few places where you can still keep a job for 30 years...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I love how people always say "I'm done", like it's a big drop the mic moment, and then the next day, they're back on the same thread like nothing happened.:laughing:

You misinterpreted, I was just done with the snowflake aspect of the conversation. So Sorry to have wasted those valuable moments. There, there now. It's going to be ok. Y'know, when the mike gets dropped there's always the one guy with his hands on his ears screaming "Oh my ears".:wave:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Founded on baby jesus?

The founders went out of their way to establish a separation of church and state because they where liberals. I'm not sure what your argument is either?
All personal freedoms we enjoy have been attained for us by liberals.

And the Republicans freed the slaves

Jhhnn

Veteran
Liberalism was once based on personal freedoms...now it's based on moral and social authority.

Liberals have always had to resort to moral & social authority to advance freedom for anybody who wasn't a straight white male from emancipation to women's suffrage, civil rights, abortion rights & LGBTQ rights. We've extended that to the economic sphere with collective bargaining, minimum wage, safety standards & financial regulation, as well, much to the the dismay of the financial elite. The New Deal created the middle class as we've known it by limiting the predations of the Rich on the rest of us.

Genghis Kush

And the Republicans freed the slaves

why are you talking about political parties? trying to get this binned?

I thought that this is about personal freedom and those who oppose it.

Or more specifically the freedom to grow and use Cannabis as you please.

WelderDan

Veteran
Without being argumentive...And w respect...Let's say he's keeping his promises for sake of discussion...maybe in name he is keeping them but it could be argued the "content" of the promises he's keeping arent always the same as advertised
And I also hate ALL politicians...Or I should say what they have become..They are to politics what Don Nelson was to basketball...They figured out how to "hack a Shaq" and now the only part of a politician's tenure that matters is the last two minutes-the rest is just showing off and making money.
Got to change the game man
Liberals are fukn pussies..No balls and teeny tiny little vajayjay's(equal opportunity insulter here-i do lean to the left a bit)
And
Conservatives are hypocrite liars-most blatant in US history
We need Democrat and Republican back
No more libtards or Jesus fukrs!

What if I only have one regular ball and a shrunken one? Does that make me a Centrist, or just some dude with asymmetrical nuts?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Status
Not open for further replies.