What's new

After six years, it begins again... My second grow

fishwater

Cool...... I have visions of hermies... I think that is how I ended up with these seeds... from a herm ordeal long time ago.. It is killer stuff tho......
Looking forward to more posts..
Good job......

cyclepipe

Day 55 and things are starting to come together. I'm seeing a good portion of the trichomes in possession of cloudy complexions, the amber couchlock 'tis not far away. :) With all the white hairs that are still emerging I think that Saturday or Sunday are possibilities for harvesting but we shall see. Anyway, I know why all of you are here. The photos! lol Enjoy. :joint:

DSC_7591.jpg

cyclepipe

I decided it's time to harvest. The white hairs are still showing but at a slower rate and most of the hairs have turned a nice cayenne red. This along with noticing some amber trichomes last night gave me what I feel are the signs that the flowers are ready for the next stage. Last night I sheared off most of the fan leaves and I'll be cutting her down this evening. Here are the last shots while she is still standing.

DSC_7662.jpg

cyclepipe

Harvest time!!!

Harvest time!!!

I think I took her down at just the right time. The yellow was just starting to creep into the main cola and I'm glad to have nipped that in the bud. LOL It's nice how compact they become when you flip them over.

DSC_7678.jpg

I see now what Dr. Dog was referring to when he said that I was going to have trouble filling out this pot. Lesson learned, I'll transplant in a more gradual fashion in the future.

DSC_7688.jpg

cyclepipe

A hay smell has replaced the potent odor that this thing was putting off for the first day and a half in the closet. I open the door a couple times a day to allow a little bit of air to be exchanged. From what I've read a hay like smell indicates drying too quickly. Has my opening the door six or seven times since Friday night caused my efforts to be a failure? I guess well see what happens when I trip the rest of the leaves off and jar them in 3-5 days.

cyclepipe

I just picked up a Weather Channel Temp/Humidity monitor and it's indicating 40% humidity. I know that is relatively low but for Colorado, that's not bad. I've placed a bowl of water underneath the plant to try and assist in raising the humidity. I'll keep soldiering on and hopefully I end up with a good result.

cyclepipe

My flowers are getting brittle but the stems are not snapping. I'm not sure if I should trim the flowers for curing and get them into jars immediately or wait one more day.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My flowers are getting brittle but the stems are not snapping. I'm not sure if I should trim the flowers for curing and get them into jars immediately or wait one more day.

Hi buddy :wave: It sounds like the air was a little too warm and has dried the buds a touch too fast, a fan blowing too hard can also have the same effect.
I would keep them on the stem for a few hours covered by a paper bag, closed up loosly, the stems will lose moisture and re-hydrate the buds some, you need wait until the buds are soft again and then trim off and jar up, you are still OK, as long as the stem still holds a little your buds should re-soften enough.
She looks stunning by the way, super job, really well grown.

cyclepipe

Hi buddy :wave: It sounds like the air was a little too warm and has dried the buds a touch too fast, a fan blowing too hard can also have the same effect.
I would keep them on the stem for a few hours covered by a paper bag, closed up loosly, the stems will lose moisture and re-hydrate the buds some, you need wait until the buds are soft again and then trim off and jar up, you are still OK, as long as the stem still holds a little your buds should re-soften enough.
She looks stunning by the way, super job, really well grown.

Thanks, I'm not displeased with her look. :) So I didn't have a paper bag but I did have a plastic bag and a duffle bag. I covered the flowers with the plastic bag and the bottom of the stalk with the duffle. I figure since the plastic doesn't breathe, I'll check on her in an hour and I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am sure you will be ok, I am so dizzy, I was thinking individual stems C', in this case as you have the whole plant I am certain there will be enough moisture to re-hydrate. Have a great Thanksgiving, I am sure you will. :)

cyclepipe

I am sure you will be ok, I am so dizzy, I was thinking individual stems C', in this case as you have the whole plant I am certain there will be enough moisture to re-hydrate. Have a great Thanksgiving, I am sure you will. :)

Does that mean I shouldn't worry about putting the plant into a bag and just cut the branches to fit into the jars? Or did you mean because the whole plant is in the bag (LOL) rehydration should happen easily?

cyclepipe

I trimmed up my flowers last night, *late last night.* ugh It took around two and a half hours for me to trim the entire plant by myself. I'm opening the jars every five to six hours to make sure no ammonia odor develops.

DSC_7693.jpg

cyclepipe

I wish I wouldn't have sealed them in jars because last night when I went to let them breathe, for the third time that day, each jar smelled like ammonia to varying degrees. I went through the entire harvest trimming what mostly amounted to leaves that had the tell tale darkened look of bud rot. Though I did find a few colas that needed to be hacked into pretty heavily. Very unfortunate. I left them in a carboard box overnight with paper towels separating the layers. I think this stopped the progression of the rot as the bud was quite crispy when I woke up this morning.

The trim
DSC_7720.jpg

To avoid any further problems with mold/rot I ran the jars through the the dishwasher today. I've put the flowers back into the jars but I've not sealed them. I placed the caps slightly ajar to allow air to be exchanged but not in any great amount. What say you Cannagraphers, good idea or no?
DSC_7721.jpg

cyclepipe

So after having an objective party look at what I interpreted to be rotting bud, I was told that no rot was present and that I overreacted. That does happen with me from time to time. haha Though when presented with possible respiratory issues vs having slightly less cannabis from this harvest, I'll take the latter. Next cycle, I'll have a lot better idea what to expect. Be it flowering time or the humidity needed to dry the flowers properly. I sit here feeling a bit ignorant but I realize that it is only because I am aware that I'm able understand my mistakes and learn from them.

To summarize: Now I know better.

See ya in a couple days once a little more drying is through.

cyclepipe

The mold issue was a total exaggeration. There was no mold, I just wasn't ready for the way the smell changes as the flowers are drying.

It's got a potent lemon pepper smell and beautiful cayenne red hairs emerging from calyxes colored dark green but made light by trichomes. The effect, while still developing, is heavy and relaxing but heady and thoughtful. What a winner! I hope you like the photos.

DSC_7740.jpg

DSC_7741.jpg

DSC_7744.jpg

DSC_7745.jpg

DSC_7747.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts