What's new

After six years, it begins again... My second grow

cyclepipe

Deficiencies abound

Deficiencies abound

So I think I'm experiencing both potassium and phosphorous deficiencies as the leaves are turning yellow and curling at the tips along with more black, necrotic splotches. Hopefully the dose of nutes that I provided last night shows some positive impact within the next few days. :(

cyclepipe

If testing runoff water that started at pH 7.0 and it reads 6.3 after going through the soil, would it be correct to assume that mixing a nutrient solution of 7.1 would make more nutrients available by slightly raising the pH of the environment? Alternatively, would it be better to mix the nutrient solution as close to the optimal pH of 6.5 as possible? I'm wondering if attempting to raise the pH via the nutrient solution is part of what is causing these apparent P and K deficiencies. Anyway I'm just mulling this over. Thanks for any feedback.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi C', I think that is about right, I also get lost here, So!, First in order to not have huge swings between the in and the out readings I flush plain PH'd water for 2 days of every 7, then if I have a difference as you have I run extra through ( nutrient or plain water, whichever i'm using) until the reading is close to the one I start with, it usually only takes 1/2 as much as I usually give to get the readings close. I hope this makes sense :)

cyclepipe

Good news and bad news, I've still got a nutrient issue for the moment but I'm hoping that in the next few days I will the symptoms' progress stop. I've got a few pictures of the mangles leaves to display. Then a perspective that is more uplifting, just about two weeks into flowering and despite the deficiencies she continues to progress.

Attachments

• DSC_6722.jpg
    DSC_6722.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_6723.jpg
    DSC_6723.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_6726.jpg
    DSC_6726.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 10

cyclepipe

Comparing last night's photos to the plant today shows very little progression of the symptoms I've been seeing but only time will tell whether I've resolved the deficiencies. The journey is just as important as the destination. :)

cyclepipe

I probably made a big mistake but I decided the clear a lot of the main stalk petioles from my plant. A local grower who runs a dispensary and produces some of the highest quality cannabis I've ever seen told me I should remove the leaves that are covering the lower parts of the branches. I left most all of the fan leaves on the branches but made a few choice cuts there as well. His theory seems sound as I would expect that leaves close to the flower are going to have more to do with the productive use of light. Anyway I'm interested in any feedback, whether it's to call me a jackass or not. ;)

Attachments

• DSC_6882.jpg
    DSC_6882.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_6873.jpg
    DSC_6873.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_6869.jpg
    DSC_6869.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_6865.jpg
    DSC_6865.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 11

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Yeah

This has been discussed to no end over the years. The way I see it, is that these leaves provide the last shot of nutrients to your precious buddage.

The only leaves I leave, are of the yellowed or dying variety. If I need to get them more light, I bend fans under each other

cyclepipe

Yeah

This has been discussed to no end over the years. The way I see it, is that these leaves provide the last shot of nutrients to your precious buddage.

The only leaves I leave, are of the yellowed or dying variety. If I need to get them more light, I bend fans under each other

I dig what you're burying but I've found a reason that will keep me manicuring into the future. Herms! I just found about 4-5 little footballs on some of the lower branch offshoots thanks to the extra light. I guess this would only be necessary on strains that have history of herm issues.

I've read threads where growers talked about herms happening rather frequently with DP feminized seeds. To make things more interesting, I have a 5 pack of DP Fem Master Kush and I'm wondering what kind of fiasco that might become. lol Ah well, life gives you lemons... life gets hit in the face with a lemon meringue. :headbange

cyclepipe

I went back in to see if I could find any more male parts. After finding a few more, I noticed the only place they are forming is on the very lowest branch offshoots. I'm so glad I cleared the canopy a bit or else I would have ended up with some seeded bud. No bueno. Anyway I'll post some new pics of the flowers tomorrow night, seeya everybody.

cyclepipe

These pictures are from last night, enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_6910.jpg
    DSC_6910.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_6907.jpg
    DSC_6907.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_6905.jpg
    DSC_6905.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_6903.jpg
    DSC_6903.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 16

cyclepipe

I also fed her last night at 3/4 strength. Probably overfed, as some of the lower leaves have a yellow tint that is marbled through the leaf. I'll just back off on the next round. It seems like around 60% strength is best at the moment.

Attachments

• DSC_6913.jpg
    DSC_6913.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_6914.jpg
    DSC_6914.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_6920.jpg
    DSC_6920.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_6924.jpg
    DSC_6924.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 9

cyclepipe

The last pic is just to exemplify how green her leaves are after that nutrient deficiency issue.

Attachments

• DSC_6926.jpg
    DSC_6926.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_6930.jpg
    DSC_6930.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_6936.jpg
    DSC_6936.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 12

cyclepipe

Nutes I recommend a couple things

Botanicare Pure Blend Pro( Grow and Bloom)
Liquid Karma
Some sort of Cal Mag formula
and some sort of bloom booster, I personally like using Bat Guano

I'm using all of the above except for a bloom booster. Is it too late for that? Is there a water soluble version that I can add to my nutrient mixture?

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
They look great for 27 days

Nope you can add a booster, but soon, otherwise you are just wasting it. There are different kinds. The main ones, are
1. Ones that you add once or twice during bloom cycle
2. Ones that you use pretty much every watering for a few weeks

When I grew at home, I used Grotek Bloom Booster

Not going to sleep very nicely? Seems to require some damn hazard of veg time? Some micro stock? Like everything? It seems to get like that way with PH for more or less water? Some soil is just meant to grow into? Some of this is just to traumatic? Being so in love?

Roots need to dry? To create spaces? Organics? Salts feed in? Roots take awhile to find? And not bind up /\ TP?

Some pretty bubble language? Nice Indica? Some spice mouth? Innocence? Or incest?

Seems like they are not doing well? Being in a slow CFL? Some stock? Training? Some urban?> Some not? Seems not nice to make either feel better?

The Building soil gets dangerous?

cyclepipe

I didn't realize that Liquid Karma is a bloom booster. lol I thought it was just a general supplementary micronutrient solution. Maybe those two are actually one and the same. So I mixed up a nute solution of 2 gallons of water, 18ml of Karma, 10ml of Cal-Mag and 30ml of PBP Bloom Soil. Last time I went too heavy on the flower solution. This time I stepped it back to 1/2 strength, nearly full strength Karma and full strength Cal-Mag. I'm seeing rusty patches that I would associate with Potassium def, like this:

rustypot.JPG

I won't be watering until tomorrow morning so any input is appreciated. :)

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lovely

Lovely

Hi C', my your girls have come on, they look wonderful, especially for only 27 days.
How is your PH?, that last pic, the 'rusty' spots!, that looks to my old eyes like the 'non specific nute deficit'* you get when the PH is out of the ideal range for MJ, it shows as these spots early on, when I used to get this I would notice my PH was below 5.2 and the EC was higher than the feed I used - salt city, regular flushing stopped this for me, I would check your run off before you increase the Potassium, I think if it was K the edges of affected leaves would show signs.

* non specific nute deficit - I coined this for this very sickness, do you think it will catch on :bigeye: