What's new

Afropips Malawi Gold alive and strong!

L

Luther Burbank

Looks like I'm gonna have to cancel that breeding, with at least one of the two females. I went out this morning to check on them, spotted male flowers. I wondered if I'd misread the plant as female, but nope, pistils shooting off on some branches, stamen on others. Was full-on intersex, not just a couple bananas being thrown.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
:peacock: looks like its about time to make some malawi cream :)

Attachments

• malwaigold.jpg
    malwaigold.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 62
Hi guys,

Is it still possible buy seeds of Afropips Malawi Gold ??.. if YES.. pls Where ?

..anyway googling around.. I found this ..and I really would have your opinion.. considering that "they" say to still have Malawi Gold original as Afropisp...

the web site looking quite good..

Last edited by a moderator:

420empire

Veteran
I would like to buy some.. but again, haven´t any experience with them.. anyone else ?? :tiphat:

One thing i notice, is that when you click on the malwai gold pic, and see "indoor" pics of it, they have ripped the pics from Mosca old time indianan bubblegum , i mean WTF ?! try to search on it ans see the similaraties .. ;)

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
for me if they rip pics thats an automatic no no. That means A. they didnt take time to grow it themselves and validate legitamicy, or B. they did grow it and it looks horrible so they figured they take someone elses pic of some dope and nobody will know. What sucks even worse is the fact that they took an entirely different strain, i mean if your gonna rip off pictures at least rip off pictures of the strain your trying to sell...:wallbash:

I been wanting to try some of afropips work for the longest..... Hopefully one day it comes my way, if not it wasnt meant to be. somebody once said his family had continued the line but i didnt hear anymore after that about it.

TrinZilla

LOL they didn't even bother to reverse the image off of seedsmans page or alter it in anyway, just a straight-up hack... wow!

for me if they rip pics thats an automatic no no. That means A. they didnt take time to grow it themselves and validate legitamicy, or B. they did grow it and it looks horrible so they figured they take someone elses pic of some dope and nobody will know. What sucks even worse is the fact that they took an entirely different strain, i mean if your gonna rip off pictures at least rip off pictures of the strain your trying to sell...:wallbash:

I been wanting to try some of afropips work for the longest..... Hopefully one day it comes my way, if not it wasnt meant to be. somebody once said his family had continued the line but i didnt hear anymore after that about it.

Very exhaustive :laughing:
thx :tiphat:

Madjag

Veteran
Hi guys,

Is it still possible buy seeds of Afropips Malawi Gold ??.. if YES.. pls Where ?

..anyway googling around.. I found this ..and I really would have your opinion.. considering that "they" say to still have Malawi Gold original as Afropisp...

the web site looking quite good..

I see what you mean, though I still have some doubts whenever I see the name "Malberry" as on the Malawi Gold landrace shown for sale here. Too many conflicting reports concerning that family.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneva_sativa

Malberry was also one of A'Pips crosses released way back - - -

letter came through from Nguni, took 2 or 3 weeks longer than from Europe

geneva_sativa

just did my last pack of the old A'Pips Malawi Gold from 2008 purchase, less than half sprout, but nice girls

wishing you good result with yours !

Last edited:
well at the end.. no Malawi gold .. but malawi gold x cinderella 99 by afropips..

currently four of them are in the first week from germination..

as someone told me once..: "anything is better than nothing".. :laughing:

I'll keep U updated :biggrin:

idiit

Veteran
situation is subtropical coastal Australia at around 27 degrees latitude. The soil is red to chocolate volcanic with an overlay of rainforest loam.
I first did this strain a couple of years earlier than this and was so amazed at it's UP high, one of the brightest and most positive buzz's of all time. I've often referred to this strain as the cocaine of marijuana as it delivers a pure uplift that is clear, vibey, electric and stimulating to every activity you take on.

If you smoke this stuff late in the evening, you may not want to sleep and you're bound to awake to an energised rising the next morning as if you'd risen to a snort of coke, allowing you to bounce off your bed with energy to face the day's challenges. The clarity enables you to keep a hold of your most precious thoughts without becoming too scrambled. Really magical stuff!

When her buds are ripe and harvested, she oozes pineapple and lemon turpenes which surprisingly interpret as a rich cinnamon taste on exhale. She smokes smooth and rarely makes you cough but the high hangs in for hours upon hours. It's truly amazing how much you can accomplish on this stuff. Perhaps the highest high I've ever encountred, saying this in light of the many sativas I've trialed over the many years, including the best of the haze hybrids, kalimist, c99 and the like.
^ billyblog's original afropips mg smoke report on page 1 of this thread.

alawi Gold is Internationally renown as one of the Most Potent Psychoactive Pure African Sativas. Afropips Superior First Grade Malawi Gold was selected from 10 years experience with Top Malawi Growers for the Spiciest Taste & the Most Psychoactive Clean Vibrant High. The High is Long Lasting & has an Enjoyable Alert Mental Clarity coupled with a Warm Pleasant Feeling that radiates throughout the Body. The Unique Tropical & Luxuriant Spicey Sativa Up High can be attributed to the presence of THCV in this Early Cultivated Strain. Superior First Grade Malawi Gold is Only Available from the Top Malawi Gold Growers in Malawi. This is Not Wild Malawi Seeds Gleaned from the Regular Inferior Cobs that are offered to the tourists & exported to South Africa & the New World. Pure Landrace Sativa. Flowering: 90 -120 days of 12/12. N.Hemisphere - Indoors. (Veg 0-10 days for 4-6 ft plant) S.Hemisphere - Outdoors.
100 % Pure Saiva Durban Poison selected from the potentest Durban Poison Sticks/Pencils. Small buds with Speedy High. Flowering: 90 -120 days of 12/12. Indoors: (Veg 0-10days for 5 - 6 ft plant)
^ old afropips strain descriptions. Durban Poisonand Malawi Gold available now according to afropips new nguni website. angola and congo strains soon according to his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/daggaseeds

afropips old Durban Poison seed stock gets nice reviews here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108569

if you are one of the many landrace aficionados we have here at ic, there are two must have strains for your collection; a great Malawi, a great Durban Poison. a really good Angola and pure Congo is up there too. only way to find out is ........

I love dubi's frosty mum Malawi pheno. I love soa Malawi gold. I don't have a really good Durban Poison yet. looking forward to trying out nguni mg and dp.

idiit

Veteran
^ hey CimeTempestose, ic is a classroom run by students :) . hopefully we're here to learn and share from our own efforts/experiences and mature enough to allow for other's preferences. i'm far far away from the 'authority' tier. I used to call myself an enthusiastic hobbyist until sunsetunlimited pointed out that a 'hobbyist' is someone who has to buy his pussy in pimp street parlance. :)

congo is by no means lost. bsc is closed but luiz is still privately offering landraces including lmn's congo (according to luiz; lmn has posted on ic that lmn sent bsc some strains including angola red) and I've had good results with some of his strains. there have been posts re bsc breeding practices but my ar and choco chiba from him are excellent.

afropips or someone working his lines at nguni is setting to offer swazi red, congo, angola.

there's a german seedbank (not just cannabis) according to an ic member that has a 'congo'. I've got those from the ic member but haven't run them yet. there are congo pointe noir and other congo's in private ic members hands as well.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Are the Greenhornet and Holy Smokes Malawis still around/available?

I need long-flowering Malawi for my THCV projects

idiit

Veteran
Are the Greenhornet and Holy Smokes Malawis still around/available
^ I haven't seen any posts lately re green hornet mg. the guy at holy smokes (nick?) according to the negative posts on marlberry got his seeds for a few cents each ( bulk sales) from marlberry iirc. if this is accurate then holy smokes Malawi would be marlberry's mg. marlberry has Mulanje gold and Malawi Gold seed stock currently available.

[QUOTEBamboozle,

Yes Holy Smoke and Mallberry sell the same Mulanje][/quote]

Seems Mulberry has unselected landrace or moderately selected African bulk seeds, sold to Holy Smoke as the owner of HS verified they resell bulk seeds. There was some controversy due to the bulk seller using other people's pictures with the most flagrant example being the Drakensberg which was a photoshopped image of I believe Karma Genetics.
pics. from rustymohican of his marlberry Malawi grow below:

WOGTrimDay1.png

Thanks, she started out small:
Rusty Mohican:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=262897

^ rusty calls ^ this a stealth grow! I guess his "not so stealth" grows are kinda skeery! :)

when I post on the incredible vigor exhibited by Malawi puro and in hybrids I be serious. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts