What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

African Strains

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Congolese Sativa

Congolese Sativa.jpg

Bought a 1/4 to try some. Leafy, poorly manicured, and a bland taste. Quite potent nonetheless.

Congolese Sativa a.jpg

RMS

:smoweed:

Raid

Well...after researching Malberry it seems the consensus is that these seeds are likely just random bagseed from Africa and don't necessarily have anything to do with the Drakensburg mountains.

Too bad because it's an interesting locale. Not many cold weather highland areas in Africa. I'm curious what the weed is like there.
Showed my friend some Durban that I had and she said it didn't remind her of the smell of their local weed at all
I've grown ciskei, southafrican (ciskei,transkei), is really good, not as trippy as others but could make you loose the grip some minutes and obviously a shorter flowering period compared to other sativa landraces. Grows big with great structure and vigour. Tastes amazing like tropical ripe fruits like mango,pineapple, orange, green apple and hazy,woody with some mild creamy-yoghurtee aftertaste. Comes between the drakensburg and the kei river. Got them directly from TSC and made a reproduction and some hybrids in 2021 with the male. Now I'm testing those but still havent's popped any of the ciskei newborns, but the hybrids are kicking it hard, much better than most of the stuff I've bought recently...you know that you're smoking something exotic, the mixture in the F1 is exactly how I imagined

Kidete

Here's an eight week old Ethiopian Shashamane sativa. This landrace strain has a combination of lemon and masala flavours and also produces plenty of trichomes. It has a strong celebral high that produces a pleasant warm glow around the face.
I've shared the grow report in my blog...First Time Growing Ethiopian Shashamane Sativa

Attachments

• Eight Week Old Shashamane sativa .JPG
    Eight Week Old Shashamane sativa .JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 91

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've just checked out your site, and you've got some very rare African Sativa's I've got a few African vars myself, Ugandan, 2 different Congolese, Durban, Rooibart/swazi redbeard, Ethiopian, Malawi gold, Egyptian, and a var from Togo/Benin. Out of those i've only grown out the Malawi gold and the Durban, and that's because I've not had the space or time to grow them out. The Durban i've inbred and the Malawi i outcrossed to a very resinous Chronic male to produce Malonica which is 1 hell of a smoke and a very good yielding plants that grow like a Christmas tree with 1 giant 40cm+ donkey dick cola on the main stem, but they grow very well in a SOG or SCROG grows.

need4weed

Veteran
I've grown ciskei, southafrican (ciskei,transkei), is really good, not as trippy as others but could make you loose the grip some minutes and obviously a shorter flowering period compared to other sativa landraces. Grows big with great structure and vigour. Tastes amazing like tropical ripe fruits like mango,pineapple, orange, green apple and hazy,woody with some mild creamy-yoghurtee aftertaste. Comes between the drakensburg and the kei river. Got them directly from TSC and made a reproduction and some hybrids in 2021 with the male. Now I'm testing those but still havent's popped any of the ciskei newborns, but the hybrids are kicking it hard, much better than most of the stuff I've bought recently...you know that you're smoking something exotic, the mixture in the F1 is exactly how I imagined
That's interesting as I've only seen a few reports on the ciskei but they seem to think it lacks potency

swampthing

Here’s a couple of shots of my cross “Kung” grown by a tester.
Kung — Durban Punch Sakura
•Durban Punch by Tropical Seeds— 70s Durban Poison X Ciskei
•Sakura by Bodhi Seeds — Bubba Kush x Wookie #15
•Wookie by Bodhi Seeds — Big Buddy’s Lavender x High&Lonesome’s Appalachia

Durban Punch dominant
229ABB34-6AAA-497A-8373-7F33EBDC6402.jpeg

Sakura dominant on top - smells gassy, kushy, citrus/citric, with cherry undertone
Durban Punch dominant on the bottom - smells leathery, tobacco, fresh grass, orange. (Fresh grass in a good way. Almost herbaceous & cucumber)
147DCD0F-BF67-4521-9CA0-0E0A7FF20BC6.jpeg

Last edited:

Genghis Kush.

Damn, Kush that is an evil looking Sativa for sure. Any info on the smell, effect, growth type? Looks awesome. Nice work. From the background it looks like the tropics. Peace.
Thanks.
kauai

started of cerebral, mind flooded with idea, than switch to extreme motivation and seemingly boundless energy that had me doing four hour surf sessions after run a couple miles on the beach , after that it would transition into a happy fade out . I found the seeds in some excellent herb i got in SA.
wasn’t able to reproduce them and now they are lost, sadly . Pic is from last year.
the smell during flowering was not very strong.
spicy smoke with an almost sandalwood smell.
perfect herb for me.

the were long flowering, finishing in early January

IndicaFarmer

Thanks.
kauai

started of cerebral, mind flooded with idea, than switch to extreme motivation and seemingly boundless energy that had me doing four hour surf sessions after run a couple miles on the beach , after that it would transition into a happy fade out . I found the seeds in some excellent herb i got in SA.
wasn’t able to reproduce them and now they are lost, sadly . Pic is from last year.
the smell during flowering was not very strong.
spicy smoke with an almost sandalwood smell.
perfect herb for me.

the were long flowering, finishing in early January
what do you mean you were not able to reproduce? is this pic the last female of her tribe? a virgin? did you cross it to something else? just curious. that plant is for real a primordial looking narrow leaf. those are the ones that catch my eye now days. i used to be all oohs and ahhs to the kushes and hybrid indicas covered in frost. now I have gone a bit past that kinda mindset. bulk production of narcotic weed is cool and everything, but these thin beauties really have an inner shine going on that others lack. something new that i is actually old!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I failed to get viable Ugandan Mamba seeds from my sts spraying but did keep the pollen branches from that experiment. I froze them and now did pollenate my Congo Black and can see it did work. So hoping the seeds are Ugandan dominate.

Wondering about Kidete and his Ugandan. Mine is small delicate leaves, much like the Congo. Wondering if he has the same stuff. TLT says this strain is hypnotic and used by shamans.

Genghis Kush.

what do you mean you were not able to reproduce? is this pic the last female of her tribe? a virgin? did you cross it to something else? just curious. that plant is for real a primordial looking narrow leaf. those are the ones that catch my eye now days. i used to be all oohs and ahhs to the kushes and hybrid indicas covered in frost. now I have gone a bit past that kinda mindset. bulk production of narcotic weed is cool and everything, but these thin beauties really have an inner shine going on that others lack. something new that i is actually old!
i didn’t find a stable male in the seeds I had and didn’t have anything other males to cross it to at the time.
torrential rains killed off almost all my plants that season. 11 ft of rain in 6 weeks !

I’m interested in the really large narrow leafs. Not all tropical NLD plants have that trait .
wondering where is derives from.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts