What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

African photo thread

Sounds very interesting man. I never smoked or even seen TranskeiLimeGreens but have heard a bit about the so called lime greens from Transkei.

I like the sound of that super SA hybrid. I have been thinking of making a similar hybrid using the best SA genes I can Find. I'm am in, and have been in the process of looking for and collecting the best SA genes I can find. It's a slow process but so far I have managed to collect a large amount of local genetics but out of them all I only have a few select special phenos of a few strains I would consider worthy of making good hybrids. So far I have a pack of some special Swazi phenos which took ages to come across with all the really crap Swazi around. I also got a pack of good Malawi gold/cob seeds that was a lucky find from a friend who's neighbour was getting the stuff in from Malawi and selling it on. He had a whole sack full of some really nice cobs which we picked the best from, smoked it and took the seeds. And some Congo black seeds. Haven't grown any yet but if the bud was anything to go buy then I should find some real winners.
Will be germing some of those soon I hope.
Regards
Ah

I wanted to contribute with some pics from a sativa lover friend I´ve got,with whom I´ve been working on a breeding project for some years now.I´ve got at home Congo Point Noire and Ciskei mums and also some seeds of Senegal.

Here some info & pics of Congo,from region Pointe Noire:

Pure long flowering sativa.Really branchy with very airy structure.They have the detail of being light brown-red coloured in stems,with very straight plain shape leaves.If forms large and narrow airy buds.It smells like dryed citrus and carrots.The effect is really electrifying and longlasting,very active.
It perfoms great in the F1 form,proved with things like Nepal,Ciskei,Afghani.

congo_11.jpg

10-con10.jpg

cong_c10.jpg

congo10.jpg

congo_12.jpg

congo_13.jpg

congo_14.jpg

12-con10.jpg

cong_x10.jpg

Something more;

A little report on a Senegal strain that came from a Rasta comunity stablished there,in a village called Kafountine.It came to our hands from another Spanish grower called Freegrow

It grows with wide and long leafs that end up finally very narrow and same long.Quite fine and branchy with airy structure,not to big,medium sized,some of then (a small number) even a little bit small.We found poliploidism in this some plants of this line with 4/5 branches per node,in males and females.
If forms large buds with very good ratio of flowers,no leaf at all in buds.Flowers are dull yellow or light green while starting to grow.The smell/aroma of this plant it remembers me some metallic and quimic,like thinner,a little bit acid,but difficult to get the nose from it,good sativa smell.

We had lot of problems because of the hermafroditism this line contains and shows,so we havent work it out to much,but for example crosses like Nepal x Senegal (male) have being proved without hermafroditism.There was a big female/hermi to male ratio while sexing...8/9 females/hermis of every ten seeds was normal.No hermi traits on males where seen,and looks like they are more pure and work well in crosses/f1´s.

Some pics of Senegal indoor :rasta:

dsc01110.jpg

dsc01210.jpg

26-sen10.jpg

3110.jpg

2710.jpg

2810.jpg

2910.jpg

dsc01711.jpg

dsc01712.jpg

dsc01810.jpg

dsc01713.jpg

dsc01811.jpg

dsc01714.jpg

8-sene10.jpg

Peace!

I continue...with some more on Senegal

The pics where taken in mid flowering period...There where hermies and almoust every bud had seeds forming.

dsc02810.jpg

dsc02811.jpg

dsc02812.jpg

dsc02813.jpg

Here there´s a Nepalese crossed with a pure male Senegalese.
The structure and bud form where reminded a lot to the Senegalese plants :)

nep_x_17.jpg

nep_x_18.jpg

nep_x_19.jpg

nep_x_20.jpg

nep_x_21.jpg

nep_x_22.jpg

Nice one Txopín-Iruña, thanks for the contribution! Most beautiful and exotic Sativas you have the pleasure of growing and experimenting with. It is interesting to see your Congos, I have just recently started germinating some Congo Black seeds. So far one is up and it's looking good. Dark green leaves and quite fat already (really just broken surface) compared to the Thai's I got of equal age. It will be cool to see the differences.

I will take pics when the cameras back, won't be for a few days though...

Here's a pic of the Congo black I've already posted since I've had nothing to show for a while...

Regards, Ah.

Bump
Bump

How about three Congo Black babies to get things going...?

The only one with a nice red stem

Started of well with 3 cotyledons, first set of leaves is messed up but second set seem normal and in triplet.

And here's some dank Congo Black I just picked up...

Chamba said:
isn't Congo Black supposed to be black in colour?

I think it's known to be dark in colour as apposed to black. The only time I've ever seen BLACK cannabis is when it had been fermented. This stuff definitely is not fermented. Just dark in colour. The camera makes it seem lighter than it really is.
It's more along the lines of dark brown/coppery orange. This batch is a little lighter than the last.

N

neptune

nice sativas, too bad about the hermies.. but it is a part of the erb.

radvancan

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Southafrican Kwazulu

Southafrican Kwazulu

Hello bro..........
Your model grown in Central Europe. Very good genetics. Excellent yield, super bud and excellent taste.
Long time you think that it's white Widow, but after investigation, I found that it's Southafrican Kwazulu ;)
Some pictures on Slovakia bush............... :muahaha: :joint:

Last edited:

aero1

So we see how the African genetics are better able in Central Europe than in their homeland
radva luxury:)

Nice tree radvancan! Looks like some nice smoke...

Here's some Congolese babies
25075congo_11-med.JPG

25075congo_31-med.JPG

And a surprising hookup. R10 match box Swazi. Much higher quality than usual. Match box Swazi usually never has any resin. I was very happily surprised when I opened the boxes :yummy:

25075Swazi_a-med.jpg

25075Swazi_b-med.jpg

Last edited:

Reino R

Hello bro..........
Your model grown in Central Europe. Very good genetics. Excellent yield, super bud and excellent taste.
Long time you think that it's white Widow, but after investigation, I found that it's Southafrican Kwazulu ;)
Some pictures on Slovakia bush............... :muahaha: :joint:

fucking awesome :yoinks:
I just dream about those:smoker::headbange

You guys are professional! :D

Mornin brothers!

Here's some more pics.

Congos in the middle pots, Thai Poisons on the right and left:
picture.php

Durban Poison:
picture.php

Swazi babys:
picture.php

I'll post some more soon, they're bigger now.

peace, Ah.

Latest posts

Latest posts