• 073 [1024x768].JPG
    073 [1024x768].JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 072 [1024x768].JPG
    072 [1024x768].JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 29

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
That swazi pheno looks like the super fruity one or the anise? The floral and citrus pheno's are more like spears, the size of your arms.. Looking lovely and you can see by the pics where a certain durban/swazi pheno is lending to the GSC structure as I see similarities, the GSC with quite a bit more juice in it haha

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
I think gonna send some to the Fund in the next months if its appreciated ;)
F2s with 9 girls and one boy.

picture.php

Hey Mustaf' bro ; do you like the smoke? Is she as good as she looks? What about the others pheno?

Peace

yaxu

Veteran
Angola roja x Banghi #1(LMN)
282lw61.jpg

Angola roja x Banghi#2(LMN),creciendo al lado de lechugas y zapallos
2eeaozq.jpg

Angola roja x Banghi #3(LMN)macho.
2mmbybk.jpg

Abrazos desde Chile.

S

spliphy

very appreciative

very appreciative

I think gonna send some to the Fund in the next months if its appreciated ;)
F2s with 9 girls and one boy.

View Image

Hey Mustaf' bro ; do you like the smoke? Is she as good as she looks? What about the others pheno?

Peace

Seems like the single male was a great choice by the looks of it. :woohoo:

A smoke report would be stellar :biggrin:

Great coverage on the buds. Having grown the Swazi Rooi Bart (A.S.) myself, i never saw any that were this good in trich coverage.

My thinking from seeing the picture is that great care was taken in the plant's growing. All the Africans I ever grew were weaker than any of the predominant hybrids of NL, Skunk, Haze combinations.

Most Africans I know exhibit a social high once a person is used to the effects. The potency can be strong but more often is medium strength from what I am familiar with from different seeds. I've never seen a particularly heavy yielder either, but don't doubt that there are some.

Generally, I think of Africans as connoisseur genetics instead of commercial but valuable to those who know of them. Please send some in to the server fund and let me know how to access them as I haven't ordered in a while.:tiphat:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
wink.gif
Hi Spliphy, the only reproducer male was not really a top model bro... fewfew hermie in fact, i think +/- 20% of my F2s could show intersex... Anyway some cleaning work to do, here of course F3 etc process for future.

Will see with Clarence about the fund system etc iam newbe, be patient amigo. Peace

The Swaz fella (lance swaz phenotype)

S

spliphy

thanks Roms for the reply

thanks Roms for the reply

View Image Hi Spliphy, the only reproducer male was not really a top model bro... fewfew hermie in fact, i think +/- 20% of my F2s could show intersex... Anyway some cleaning work to do, here of course F3 etc process for future.

Will see with Clarence about the fund system etc iam newbe, be patient amigo. Peace

The Swaz fella (lance swaz phenotype)

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=702849&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=707325&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

well, that's the way it goes sometimes. herms can be managed if its not too bad. as you say selection cleanup needs further work. Still, would want the f2s over f3s. it's a shame to have immature unformed seeds in the buds though.

Are you noticing "weakness" in the f2s over Afro's f1s? would think f3s would be still weaker since to low plant numbers involved.

Nevil seemed to insist on a single male (best) over the conventional wisdom of a stellar female and many males in a breeding scheme. This is what got me thinking you did with the many females and single male.

The trich coverage looked really good in Musta's pictures. It would be great if he could report on the taste. Come on Mustafunk brother, let us know how she smoked:biggrin:

For the longest time the advice for those who wanted something of their own creation has been to take an outstanding commercial hybrid and cross it with a landrace sativa. This is what my MO has been and have had good results for the most part. Generally this scheme will reduce raw potency and yield in the offspring compared to the hybrid but some qualities of the landrace show through such as social high and some tastes. I have had very good potency also but yield invariably always seems to suffer. I usually veg. under flors. and flower outdoors.

Malawi both from Afro. and A.S. crossed has been my crossing material to hybrids. I did not take the Malawi further but grew all the crosses (seeds) and selected the strongest and best smelling (dry perfume/woodsy) and used them in my chucking. I am out completely of pure Africans, hence my interests in the Swazi.

All the best, Spliphy

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Are you noticing "weakness" in the f2s over Afro's f1s? would think f3s would be still weaker since to low plant numbers involved.
Afropips P1s you say ;) You know perso i have just ran a little more of a dozen plants, ten for these F2s and few others in the past. I kept a mom two years before thinking of this repro... :D (mom of my cross SwaziLiban)
So friend's grow reports are well appreciated to complete my little knowledge.

About the resin there are less ones too ... The smoke feelings is based on this way to say all.., More there is resin more the smoke is dark, peppery earthy, hash and metallic i would say. Less resin ones have the backside floral, spice and wood. In general terms it is a strong smoke as cigar and brown tobacco, so it particulary needs long curing time to really appreciate the floral's backsides, anyway curing rules as all pure sativa lines of course, dedicace to amigo Mustafunk
High is heartbeat and energic but you have to do something, or else nice trippy understones locked lol. Nice morning weed but u have to light just one hehehe...

About IBL, i think landraces have easy strong wild blood and vigor so hard to say that the F2, F3, F4ing with few and not openpoll cause weakness etc. Nature open polleniz and humans have to select... :ying:

Hope my poor english is well understable lol.
Peace

S

spliphy

thanks for the report Roms

thanks for the report Roms

Your English is fine to me.

I ran afropips Swazi back when he was still over here at the boutique and my pack of seeds were only o.k. maybe I should have gotten more packs but one never knows which ones will be good.

are any of his strains still available?

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
^^ merci Spliphy

Afropips :
"Swazi roolbaard from the top swazi breeder in nkomati region of swaziland. Roolbaard wich is afrikaans for red beard gets its name from and is renowned for its spectacular red bud hairs. Swazi is a high yielding and resinous pure african landrace sativa wich produces a strong natural high. The strain has a long odour, wich has been compared to a fine cigar and an earthy smoke with a high that is energetic and clear. Buds on this plant can reach the size of an adults forearm and ary typically compact and very sticky. This famous strain is enjoyed by many south africans."
Mr Afropips was the guy i think for superior quality from Swaziland, he simply knew the good guy there for well breeded superior seeds. After i don't know if Afropips had reproduced the P1s or just sold the imported ones? Anyway we do not find more today in my knowledge, it is also what motivated my reproduction... ;)

Here my past resinous cut, lance pheno :

S

spliphy

thanks for the pictures Roms

thanks for the pictures Roms

^^ merci Spliphy

Mr Afropips was the guy i think for superior quality from Swaziland, he simply knew the good guy there for well breeded superior seeds. After i don't know if Afropips had reproduced the P1s or just sold the imported ones? Anyway we do not find more today in my knowledge, it is also what motivated my reproduction... ;)

Here my past resinous cut, lance pheno :

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=619558&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=619561&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=27989&pictureid=619563&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

that last picture of the harvested bud really shows the resin. I am willing to say I have never seen an African as resinous. is this unique or have I been out of the loop? do you know any other African genetics as resinous? I would think these strains would be more popular seeing this coverage.

I know not everyone enjoys the "trippyness" of pure Sativas. The trend seems to be heavy stupor-inducing indicas. not me. the energetic Sativas float my boat.

The Malawis that I have worked with gave me a bizarre high when i first smoked them. After I was used to them they were relaxing.

really nice pictures, thanks.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
yeah bro "not everyone enjoys the "trippyness" of pure Sativas" and not everyone simply just tries it imho! So must say too that Swazi is also a special strong smoking, i mean dark and not very sweet but needs long curing etc...
About the resin cover ya its amaz for a pure sativa but i think the line could have been also well worked at first by the Swazi breeders since decades. Anyway Swazi red represents a kind of African hash plant today for me, i will never forget the little ball of hash during the mom's pic above harvesting... Much better taste than the low curing herb that i smoked after lol..

With the Malawi i found far resemblances with shapes, blue greens and high but sure with not much trichs... ;)