What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aficionado Grows*** Black Lime and More...

Wingman420

Waiting on Versailles OG & Red Hindu Kush would love to hear or see anything about the Versailles OG if anyone has grown it. Will post pics when they come in

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i like the long red hindu kush for vigour over the long valley . the red hindu kush need the root space though to perform .

i,m actually running 4 strains aficionado strains atm . i,ll throw up pics or do a thread once there done .

i,m also running a cross of malawi x black lime reserve , sounds like may be some howling at the moon going on with that cross. not made by me .

picture.php

black lime reserve f2 girl, she's close to the worm feeding station but i,m stuck for room atm

Last edited:

Wingman420

i like the long valley royal kush for vigour over the red hindu kush .

Thanks I haven't grown either but hope there's some keeper pheno's in them. I could have picked up the Long Valley Royal Kush & Black Lime Reserve awhile back but had some financial setbacks and couldn't afford them. Happy New Year everyone!!

B

Bob Green

Nice Wingman looking forward to seeing what comes out of your Versailles OG.

Wingman420

Nice Wingman looking forward to seeing what comes out of your Versailles OG.

Thanks Bob, me too will post up as when landed and ready for take off.
I have been an Afficianado fan for awhile but we were always carrying other gear. Finally have a chance to give them a try. I truly have good feelings about them and what they give back to people. It was their fundraising activity that inspired me to step up and show my support :tiphat: they lead by example :tiphat:

MedResearcher

Veteran
Was hoping to get a couple packs of the Family Vault Purple, although I just noticed they pulled it off the Affici website.

Anyone know, if the boxs are still laying around? Gonna make a few calls tomorrow see if I can hunt some down.

Ran 2 boxes of the LVRK last year. Was impressed with the seed stock. Out of 12 females total, all 12 were quality. A decent amount of variation, which at first I was disappointed with, because they were suppose to be 8th generation, so I figured they would be almost completely stable.

Although in the end, I was happy with the variations since they were all quality. Smell and flavor varied from fuel, grape, rose petal, and everything in between. Size varied from tight indica's to medium sized hybrid. Calyx to leaf ratio varied as well. A few of them were almost a tad cabbage'y, while we had 1 that had a truely great ratio. Giant colas, barely any leaf... shoulda kept a clone of that one around, it had the more hybrid structure and went purple. Had long petioles and giant hybrid fans... have to see if those will be indicators of it this next year.

Did an open pollination, so have tons of seed for this next year. In the end was really pleased with them. I had gotten a few boxs of seeds from other companies, (not gonna name them) that turned out to be almost a complete waste. Sure the seeds were only like 50 bucks, but when only 1 in 6 females are quality the little bit saved is not nearly worth it.

Anyways, the LVRK was a good snag.. hoping I can find a couple Family Vault Purple boxs.

Mr^^

I was lucky enough to grab a pack of tne Versaille. I was told people offered dpuble the msrp. I was gonna pop my beans inside but i dont think that will do them justice. After all im 40 min south of Laytonville. If u guys look at instagram thats the versaille pack i got. Thanks to leo,gean, wonderland. Any pointers on the versaille greatly appreciated. Stay tuned pics coming in may

Top_Shelf_Farm

I was lucky enough to grab a pack of tne Versaille. I was told people offered dpuble the msrp. I was gonna pop my beans inside but i dont think that will do them justice. After all im 40 min south of Laytonville. If u guys look at instagram thats the versaille pack i got. Thanks to leo,gean, wonderland. Any pointers on the versaille greatly appreciated. Stay tuned pics coming in may

Mean Gene told me they do good outdoors. Great mold resistance but not resistant to pm. They are done middle to the end of October, don't top and clean out the insides.

Topshelf:

I hope they do well outdoors. According to the package they under full california sun. Amybody know how many years they been growing in mendo? I read that they should be topped.

HatchBrew

Veteran
DOn't top outdoors! Train them plants.

They were breed outdoors, they should and do perform well outdoors. Still rocking CSR, Black Lime and Cherry Private.

MikeZilla

Shoot my apologies....i see it has ran the course����....Pure fire! I am also running some BLR....thanx for posting!

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Grabbed a few varieties as well.....Family Vault Purp....Red Hindu....Ver OG......got the "In The Pines" going outdoors southern Sierras.......11for11 up and kickin'..........hate to hear of pm with the Ver OG........but commonplace in the OG pool...........

Best in finish to all who tend...........

ganj on..........

B

BAKED_BEANZ

red hindu , beautiful plant fills with greasy golf ball size nuggets . very susceptible to mold.

black lime , awesome plant . tight compacted nuggets smell of limes . no mold issues .

in the pines , is power house of pineapple funkiness . all the way through flower to dried flowers . very susceptible to mold .

long valley royal kush , shorter stocker plant , very greasy . tight compacted nuggets . no mold issues .

i don't think you would have mold issues with these strains in a different environment . my climate is very high humidity in bud season

a lot of talk in this thread not too may pic,s . maybe we will change that bit later . for now heres back lime with few weeks of flower left to go .
picture.php

red hindu , think was about half way through flower . all plants are extremely uniform . they would grow large outdoors. they need root space though
picture.php

in the pines , few weeks from harvest again .
picture.php

i,ve made some f2 . don't think theres much looking to do through them . i think that aficionado has refined these seeds very well . they are probably the best seed breeders strains i,ve had . :) they haven't just thrown these together over night .
all these pics are few weeks from harvest . but atleast we can see some pics of what they look like

Last edited:

trippn

aficionado defunct this year or what?

no new stock except those 2 ridiculously overpriced stock; and no seeds anywhere...

the gnome

Veteran
red hindu , beautiful plant fills with greasy golf ball size nuggets . very susceptible to mold.

black lime , awesome plant . tight compacted nuggets smell of limes . no mold issues .

in the pines , is power house of pineapple funkiness . all the way through flower to dried flowers . very susceptible to mold .

long valley royal kush , shorter stocker plant , very greasy . tight compacted nuggets . no mold issues .

i don't think you would have mold issues with these strains in a different environment . my climate is very high humidity in bud season

a lot of talk in this thread not too may pic,s . maybe we will change that bit later . for now heres back lime with few weeks of flower left to go .
View Image

red hindu , think was about half way through flower . all plants are extremely uniform . they would grow large outdoors. they need root space though
View Image

in the pines , few weeks from harvest again .
View Image

i,ve made some f2 . don't think theres much looking to do through them . i think that aficionado has refined these seeds very well . they are probably the best seed breeders strains i,ve had . :) they haven't just thrown these together over night .
all these pics are few weeks from harvest . but atleast we can see some pics of what they look like

they're all looking good on this side Beanz,
wish I could smell em :D

hope the mold/pm aren't going to be too big an issue this run.

Latest posts

Latest posts