What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afgooey...

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
I'm vegging some Afgooey x Purple Urkle, should be a nice cross, i hope to find a keeper :D

microgram

Why doesn't someone with a clone send it to a breeder to make femmed seeds? or do it themselves? It would be wicked to get a cut/seed.

budboy

"Goo" Afgoo and Afgooey are not the same thing as "Gooey" or NCG

"Goo" Afgoo and Afgooey are not the same thing as "Gooey" or NCG

"Gooey" (NCG= Northern Cali gooey) is NOT afgooey. Some of the plants folks here are talikng about I think are Gooeybreeder's Gooey Mom. It's a 28 year old plant Gooey designed over a 12 year period. It has been mentioned on shows like American weed and Weeds and is a clone only of the highest order. My all time fav smoke and a stunner in both yields and resin production. Most folks who have been lucky enough to try it say it's someof the best they have ever had and I would agree!
Gooeybreeder isn't cubing afgooey, but the Gooey mom. The seeds are called Pure gooey and he gives them away over at breed bay.
Everyone loves his work so much ( he's done other things like Lava and Deathgrip and Double Deth to name a few) that he's had to team up with folks over in EU to start a seed company dealing only with his lines. He is only using unreleased stocks to breed with and from what folks say, he's an up and coming amazing breeder. I'd say do a Google search on him and you'll find no neg. reviews. That's unheard of in the industry and amazing. What he has out now is also amazing and I can't wait for him to open his seedbank. check him out, it'll blow you away! The name of his site is Cannaexotics.com, but it's not up yet so try breed bay if you want to find him and his works.
Truely a mind blowing breeder and a nice guy to boot.

Green Supreme

Veteran
We just scored a buncha Gooeybreeders work, including Pure Gooey. Lookin forward to the fall to see what comes of them. Peace GS

budboy

Hay GS, did you ever run those Gooeybreeder seeds?

That giuy has got the bomb shit bro! I just tried a new Kona from him and I was blown away!
How a breeder like him isn't out there more is just a wonder to me. Everything I've tried to date seems like the best thing I ever had!
His purples are the stuff of High Time centerfolds. When folks talk purples, some are not purple at all, not Gooey's. They look like someone colored them in Photoshop.....but they didn't it's all in the genes! Had plants in an 80 degree room go almost black in color and the resin was so thick I said fuck trimming.
I just think he should be in every seed bank out there. Anyone else tried the Kona Sunset yet? Wow........wow.

budboy

That guy has got the bomb shit bro! I just tried a new Kona from him and I was blown away!
How a breeder like him isn't out there more is just a wonder to me. Everything I've tried to date seems like the best thing I ever had!
His purples are the stuff of High Time centerfolds. When folks talk purples, some are not purple at all, not Gooey's. They look like someone colored them in Photoshop.....but they didn't it's all in the genes! Had plants in an 80 degree room go almost black in color and the resin was so thick I said fuck trimming.
I just think he should be in every seed bank out there. Anyone else tried the Kona Sunset yet? Wow........wow.

Attachments

• Konasunsetting4.jpg
    Konasunsetting4.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 34
Out of a handful of Afgooey ladies 2/3 are keepers. Covered in body armor, looks ready to pluck @ 40 days from flip, in-fucking-credible! Taking em all the way for a good stoney high gravity buzz. If I figure out whipeing my metadata I will share some pix post. Thanks for the reviews.
The very 1st time this came east , 2 heads complained of headaches? this was like 08? I kinda just laughed n called em pussies but...maybe pm , neem or nutes?

THRILLHO

My first strain used to be Afgooey cuts until I got a hold of The White. She has a really unique fruity smell and she quickly generates a lot of glittery trichomes and gets really good size, but she requires a lot of aggressive pruning to avoid a popcorn overload and honestly she isn't as potent as you'd expect for the amount of resin production she offers. She gets frosty very early but towards late flower most other strains will catch up if they have good genetics. I suppose I'm a little spoiled comparing it to The White though :)

slipdefeu

Almost 3 years :biggrin:

First time with the girl, reminds me a lot the happy brother dutch clone atm

12/12 + 38 :

:tiphat:

Attachments

• P1010277.jpg
    P1010277.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010284.jpg
    P1010284.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 22

budboy

Ok, the tests are done and Gooeybreeders "NCG/ Gooey" is the parent of afgooy!

Ok, the tests are done and Gooeybreeders "NCG/ Gooey" is the parent of afgooy!

NCG is now 34 years old and Gooeybreeder is still working that plant to this day.
I just talked to some folks in the know here in northern cali and it seems Norstar ( a newer breeder who uses a lot of Gooeybreeder's genes, as do many top name world class breeders I'm finding out) had some testing done and the lab using DNA found that Afgooey was indeed made from Gooey Mom. This lines up with what Gooeybreeder has said in that his partner back in 1984/5 added Afgani #1 from the old SSSC company to it to make "Afgooey". Gooey came two years before this from a dozen year project Gooeybreeder did to make it. This also lines up with what others have told me over the years. There are tons of different stories out there about how Afgooey was made, but this now shows the truth. I've always found Gooeybreeders work to be at the top of industry and now I'm even more impressed! I think more DNA work should be used in this industry cuz I think we'd all quickly find out who is truthful and who is using who's seeds.
While I'm a big fan of his already, now I'm even more so. It's hard to get, hard to find, but if you can, give Gooeybreeder's work a go.....you won't ever be sorry!

budboy

Saw Gooey post a pic on another forum so....

Saw Gooey post a pic on another forum so....

I thought I'd share it here too! This is the mother of Afgooy. Mom Gooey or NCG ( Northern Cali Gooey)
307f032b4308a357d853ce3955dfdbe3

Latest posts

Latest posts