What's new

Afghani Question

Devaku

Hello All,

Devan here, a weird question for all yall Afgani heads. I wanna know if I can find a "Cherry Pheno" from some Afgani mixes, I plan on using Kandahar x Marzar I Sharif for some crosses. Just wanting to know if it's possible finding that phenotype.

Thank you,

Devan S.

goingrey

Is ak47 an afghani, or is it crossed with other landraces/heirloom races?

Thanks for the reply to!
Although Simon keeps the exact pedigree of AK-47 as a secret, like the composition of Coca Cola, he reveals that it was bred from Colombian, Mexican, Thai and Afghani seed stock

From Serious Seeds' website

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Seedstockers has a strain they call Apollo Black Cherry (Apollo 13 x Black Cherry Cheesecake x Cherry AK47). I bought a 3 pack from The Vault but I haven't grown them yet.

Devaku

Although Simon keeps the exact pedigree of AK-47 as a secret, like the composition of Coca Cola, he reveals that it was bred from Colombian, Mexican, Thai and Afghani seed stock

From Serious Seeds' website
That's dope! Thank you!!

Devaku

The reason I ask is I wanna try to find a Cherry pheno in some afghani's, or should I breed it with other landrace/heirloom strains?

I'm mainly want to work with Kandahar x Mazar I Sharif, ect.

goingrey

Bodhi has worked with something called the Fat Cherry Afghani but I don't know if it's available to the general public, probably not.

Popey

Veteran
AK47 is Colombian, Mexican, Thai and Afghani?

The composition of many popular strains is simpler than many people think. I bet that, for example, AK47 is something like Pollyanna x Blueberry, or something very similar xDDD

Persianfarmer

Hiya D!
Now that is interesting!!! Was not aware that Afghani had cherry pheno! Ah and me being part of that region…now Mazar and Ghandahar are amazing to work with

AK47 is really the bomb and is a hybrid with a complex potion of strains…Now another one to consider is Kali Mist if you do enjoy Sativas!

I will be growing AK and Kali next time and would be honored to share all grow info!

Anyways, welcome, happy grow and for sure keep us posted

TheDarkStorm

Hello All,

Devan here, a weird question for all yall Afgani heads. I wanna know if I can find a "Cherry Pheno" from some Afgani mixes, I plan on using Kandahar x Marzar I Sharif for some crosses. Just wanting to know if it's possible finding that phenotype.

Thank you,

Devan S.
Dont know about cherry but atao genetics do a mazar that can give sweeter strawberries type phenos... You should be able to find some threads on icmag and the breeder roms giving you more detail on it..

Persianfarmer

You missed Thai somewhere
Well it is pretty logical…during those times best weeds where from those regions. For example the blueberry you quoted from DJ Short, it has a great percentage of Oxacana in it, or the sticky thai stick of the 70s… pls do correct me if I am mistaking

Devaku

Well it is pretty logical…during those times best weeds where from those regions. For example the blueberry you quoted from DJ Short, it has a great percentage of Oxacana in it, or the sticky thai stick of the 70s… pls do correct me if I am mistaking
Your correct, he started with 4 strains, chocolate Thai, Thai, afghani & Original Oxacana