What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afghan Mix (TRSC)

acespicoli

3 reminds me of bella ortega or maple leaf a little, single columnar
bubba has a habit of turning black where the light hits the leafs
I think uzbeki and kandahar also exhibit that trait maybe someone else knows as well
Altogether a nice show of variation in the packs thx for sharing these great pics

aliceklar

#4 looks like my kind of gal. What's the nose on that puppy? Great grow!!

Thanks JS! #4 was hash/fuel when I chopped her. Will do a smoke report on all 3 after they've been cured.

Chopped #3 (the purple wookie) yesterday. Surprising amount of bud hiding under all those leaves.

bigpeter

Just thought I'd put this up as its a afghan kush pure indica. This plant is 46 days into flowering and looks ready but I'm going to give it another week at least. Next grow I'll be popping the afghan mix seeds but that may not be for a month or two.
DSCN7432.JPG
DSCN7433.JPG

aliceklar

Much, much delayed smoke report:

AFG#1
Citrus musk and some kind of sweetly alcoholic hashy perfume. Nice. Cured for over a month. buds feel greasy on the fingers when breaking up a bud for a bong. heavy resin. Smooth smoke, slightly metallic on the tongue. rapid sense of clarity and relaxation. Calming.

AFG#4
Less pronounced, less interesting effect. Felt a bit bland. Some nice terps (fruity fuel) but didnt carry through to the smoke. less productive, leafier plant.

AFG#3
The most exciting thing about this one was the stocky form and dark purple leaves. The bud was greasy and tending to the numbing/narcotic, but not very strong or long lasting.

#1 was the clear winner - in overall vigour and form as well as flavour and effect. Will grow out the seeds from that one next.

xet

A stadium? Love me some stadium! :D

Yes. Same tribe ;)

...kinda on topic, all the cuts in the totes below the lights are afghani crosses and hash plants. There was 21 different strains in there, 12 were afg and hash type.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
What the jungle is going on here?

That is awesome, just needs a hammock

harvestreaper

Veteran
3 reminds me of bella ortega or maple leaf a little, single columnar
bubba has a habit of turning black where the light hits the leafs
I think uzbeki and kandahar also exhibit that trait maybe someone else knows as well
Altogether a nice show of variation in the packs thx for sharing these great pics
my fav so far affy mix female very much reminded me of ortega /maple leaf,, heres her daughter out of a uzbeki male
20220601_140910.jpg

acespicoli

Its got that double toothed leaf serration trait, same as Black Domina and the super skunks orange bud
Are the internodes determinate or indeterminate on that ?
See it also has the purple streaks do they go up the main stems?
Love those leaves they look nice and healthy very vigorous :love:

harvestreaper

Veteran
Its got that double toothed leaf serration trait, same as Black Domina and the super skunks orange bud
Are the internodes determinate or indeterminate on that ?
See it also has the purple streaks do they go up the main stems?
Love those leaves they look nice and healthy very vigorous :love:
thanks ,,good observations cant say i noticed the serrations or internodes til you said,,definite purple in stems and lovely aromas , theres a few of these at a friends ill take a few snaps of other phenos and check internodes next time i visit ,,,,cheers

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Moving some cups around to make room for more seedlings I caught a stinky/skunky whiff. Really took me by surprise. So I gave the suspected offender a stem rub and yep, there it was, coming from the Afghan Mix seedling in the back left corner. I should know better than to think it's a male due to its height, but it's hard not to. Time will tell.

Afghan Mix (back left).jpg

acespicoli

This is one thread that makes my day when I see a post thx for starting it!
One day I hope to see a hashplant of legend come from this mix
soldering iron used with caution puts 3-4 nice drain holes in the side near the bottom will stop any root rot

side note, Dart the company that makes solo cups no longer tests for THC during employment
nice to know since so many smokers are customers
if it is a male save some pollen skunky afghans are welcome here
and that garlic bud of old was a heavy yielder
(y)

Last edited:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
This is one thread that makes my day when I see a post thx for starting it!
One day I hope to see a hashplant of legend come from this mix
soldering iron used with caution puts 3-4 nice drain holes in the side near the bottom will stop any root rot

side note, Dart the company that makes solo cups no longer tests for THC during employment
nice to know since so many smokers are customers
if it is a male save some pollen skunky afghans are welcome here
and that garlic bud of old was a heavy yielder
(y)

Thanks for the soldering iron tip, I like it. My cups do have drainage holes. Put there with a drill bit though, any idea what a static cling mess of shavings that makes? :bigeye: Yep, I need to look into getting a soldering iron.

About fifteen months ago I had a recruiter reach out to me with an opportunity. It sounded promising so I stopped smoking even before I interviewed. It all took some time so when I was offered the position - contingent on passing a (rather thorough) background check as well as a nine-panel drug screen - I wasn’t concerned about passing the drug screen. Of course they do not tell you which nine substances are being screened for; but obviously THC must be one of them, eh? I exercised my right to receive a copy of the background check unbeknownst to me at the time that a copy of the drug screen would be included. That copy listed all nine substances… I had to look at it three times before I was convinced that I hadn’t somehow skipped THC… but I hadn’t, the test did not screen for it. That really surprised me.

About three or four months after that experience I read an article stating that more and more companies have dropped THC screening, but just do not publicly announce the policy change. About time!

=============================================================

Turns out my suspicion was correct about the stinky seedling being a male. I had zero intention of keeping it if a male. I have over 30 of these Afghan Mix seeds to hunt through so did not think I could justify keeping one plant, a male nevertheless. Well, given the stink, the vigor, internode spacing, and most impressive the sturdy if not rigid 30º lateral branching, I did keep a cut. He was over four feet tall in a one gallon container before showing pre-flowers to determine sex. And while not the perfect picture of health I was impressed with how he fared up to that point considering I did not supplement any additional nutrients, water only.

I did not flower him out so I have no idea how he might cluster up, let alone what he might pass along. But he seems worthy of some pollen chucking experiments. I have some PTK plants that could really benefit from some extra internodal spacing/branching. And hitting up some Chem ’91 S1s and Wolf Pack (Giesel x Appalachia) and God Bud and Freak Chunk might not be a bad idea either…

Afghan Mix Male.jpg

acespicoli

Thanks for the soldering iron tip, I like it. My cups do have drainage holes. Put there with a drill bit though, any idea what a static cling mess of shavings that makes? :bigeye: Yep, I need to look into getting a soldering iron.

About fifteen months ago I had a recruiter reach out to me with an opportunity. It sounded promising so I stopped smoking even before I interviewed. It all took some time so when I was offered the position - contingent on passing a (rather thorough) background check as well as a nine-panel drug screen - I wasn’t concerned about passing the drug screen. Of course they do not tell you which nine substances are being screened for; but obviously THC must be one of them, eh? I exercised my right to receive a copy of the background check unbeknownst to me at the time that a copy of the drug screen would be included. That copy listed all nine substances… I had to look at it three times before I was convinced that I hadn’t somehow skipped THC… but I hadn’t, the test did not screen for it. That really surprised me.

About three or four months after that experience I read an article stating that more and more companies have dropped THC screening, but just do not publicly announce the policy change. About time!

Turns out my suspicion was correct about the stinky seedling being a male. I had zero intention of keeping it if a male. I have over 30 of these Afghan Mix seeds to hunt through so did not think I could justify keeping one plant, a male nevertheless. Well, given the stink, the vigor, internode spacing, and most impressive the sturdy if not rigid 30º lateral branching, I did keep a cut. He was over four feet tall in a one gallon container before showing pre-flowers to determine sex. And while not the perfect picture of health I was impressed with how he fared up to that point considering I did not supplement any additional nutrients, water only.

I did not flower him out so I have no idea how he might cluster up, let alone what he might pass along. But he seems worthy of some pollen chucking experiments. I have some PTK plants that could really benefit from some extra internodal spacing/branching. And hitting up some Chem ’91 S1s and Wolf Pack (Giesel x Appalachia) and God Bud and Freak Chunk might not be a bad idea either…

View attachment 18775748
:tiphat:
I would definitely freeze, well dried pollen
Congratulations on the new job

Stocktont

Veteran

View attachment 18775748

Did you find anything else in those 30 seeds or just that male? I have about 30 of my own so curious. Looks like a cool plant!