What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

aeroponics and led = back to the future foe me!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
can we get a peek inside the tubes? is this high pressure with those little 5 second blasts?

total aero neophyte here :biggrin:

Dready_jake

I'm not hating but I don't believe that's true aero. Without a psi of over I think its 50 or something I don't remember the number but true aero hits a certain particle size that's instantly absorbed by the roots. Love the setup but its pretty much nft technique with easily clogable spray tips. Its also similar to my recirc coco but unless you have that high PSi (I think it might be between 50 and 100) and that small water particle size.

The season I say this is because true aero produces very fine root hairs that absorb tiny particles. The thickness and length of roots makes me think it falls just short of aero in the nutrient film technique or faux-aero. My cloners are hydro-aero hybrid because I don't care about the particle size.it's kindof an aero cloner but aeroponics is a little more specific than all the other methods. They're Nazis about the particle size and true aero. But I persinally love true and faux aero. Just wanted to let you know some aero folks might not agree its aero, so just be ready for them lol

castout

Veteran
Dready Jake, no worries on your opinion. The first time I ever grew, I had an aerojet 360. I was under the impression that was aeroponics???? We built this system very similar, there is a trough in the tubes, the spray , manifold is not under the roots (which is different than the aerojet360) so the roots don't clog the sprayers, we have an inline filters, so we don't clog the sprayers. Maybe it's not what you consider aeroponics, but seroponics to me is using no medium in a misting environment. We use the pool noodle to hold the plant in place, but there is no medium. I don't know about all that psi stuff, I'm not smart like that, lol. But you are welcome to hang around and see how it turns out. I'm rusty, but hoping for the best!!!!

Dready_jake

Oh ya I'm a fan of faux aero and aero too and am excited to see the results. I was just saying if you go into a TAG thread those guys might be ready to throw down lol they're serious bout that shit. Droplet particle size, is the thing they're most about. But for me I'm about happy plants and what works. Each method is their own. Like mine, in surprised I haven't had anybody come in like: Why are you recirculating coco?! DTW FTW!

Lol

castout

Veteran
Heady Blunts, I can post a pic of that after harvest, when I clean the tubes. Or if we have to access the inside of the tubes for any reason.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'm not hating but I don't believe that's true aero. Without a psi of over I think its 50 or something I don't remember the number but true aero hits a certain particle size that's instantly absorbed by the roots. Love the setup but its pretty much nft technique with easily clogable spray tips. Its also similar to my recirc coco but unless you have that high PSi (I think it might be between 50 and 100) and that small water particle size.

The season I say this is because true aero produces very fine root hairs that absorb tiny particles. The thickness and length of roots makes me think it falls just short of aero in the nutrient film technique or faux-aero. My cloners are hydro-aero hybrid because I don't care about the particle size.it's kindof an aero cloner but aeroponics is a little more specific than all the other methods. They're Nazis about the particle size and true aero. But I persinally love true and faux aero. Just wanted to let you know some aero folks might not agree its aero, so just be ready for them lol

There are many forms/types of aero, just like there are many types of hydro systems. True, that with the water running 24/7 it's a little more like a NFT set-up then aero.

castout

Veteran
DAY 1 FLOWER!!!!

Attachments

• 20150425_090121.jpg
    20150425_090121.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20150425_090110.jpg
    20150425_090110.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150425_090105.jpg
    20150425_090105.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 5

castout

Veteran
The sprayers are attached to 3/4 inch pvc, that runs through each tube. There are 4 plant sites per tube, with 8 sprayers per tube.

castout

Veteran
Day 2 flower

Attachments

• 20150426_090032.jpg
    20150426_090032.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150426_085945.jpg
    20150426_085945.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150426_090007.jpg
    20150426_090007.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150426_090023.jpg
    20150426_090023.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150426_090051.jpg
    20150426_090051.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 6

Dready_jake

Interesting... And any worries about clogs? Two per plant is a good idea in case one clogs but can you get in there if they both do? But very nice, I'm a big fan if do it yourself inngennuity. My table is hand built with pvc, did my cloner myself.

Edit: nvrmind I saw the filter. Didn't check that pic lol is that why you went 3/4in? To fit the filter?

castout

Veteran
Yup, the filter is key, but even with that, there can still be clogs. We just have to be vigilant. Aero is not for every grower, because everything has to be spot on. No room or time with aero, to screw up. With no medium as a buffer, so to speak, there is no forgiveness. All that being said, I personally LOVE aeroponics. I have grown in soil, coco, rockwool, and am currently doing my other rooms with promix. I have grown indoor and outdoors. I , have grown every way possible, but my heart belongs to aero, lol. I think in order to be a well rounded grower, you have to have tried it all. I can honestly say that if we got dropped in the middle of nowhere, and all we had was seeds or cuttings, we would find a water supply, and some bats, and we would be doing the damn thing!!!!! Because actually we have, minus the bats, lol.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I switched to using 3/4 inch pipe years ago on an of my aero manifolds, I think it gives a more even pressure

castout

Veteran
Deathstar, flower day 3.

Attachments

• 20150427_085222.jpg
    20150427_085222.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20150427_085215.jpg
    20150427_085215.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20150427_085203.jpg
    20150427_085203.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20150427_085157.jpg
    20150427_085157.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 5

castout

Veteran
Ganoderma, totally agree on the 3/4 inch pvc. It has enough pressure that it can blow clogs out, as long as they aren't super gnarly.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
:tiphat:holy hell those ladys are growing fast. im gonna be tagging along bc im interested in this strain. im no aero grower though bc that actually takes skill lol im outdoors and there is nothing to it water and feed and everthing else is taken care of. gl Castout im sure u will kill it:bow:

castout

Veteran
Kygiacomo, thanks for stopping by. Oh, how I miss the great outdoors. There was something a very visceral feeling. Oh, and I got lyme disease from a tick!!! One of the times we grew outside, we had 15 foot plants.......amazing to behold, until the damn tropical storm blew in. Bud rot killed half of everything. The next season, we had some construction at the house, so we had this big empty dumpster next to the house, in full sun.......that dumpster became a grow dumpster, lol. We rocked it all summer long, had to tie over plants, cause they kept growing to tall. We have done a few other outdoor grows, but I can be a control freak, but Mother Nature doesn't care about my peculiarities, lol. If you want to see the deathstar done in promix, check my other thread. We will probably harvest her in 2 ish weeks??? This is the aero show, but it am also doing promix. You have a good one.

Latest posts

Latest posts