cork144

few more days till flip i recon gotta be 4 days max

gonna be alotta topps too :)

the perfect ammount neerly.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Fimtastic buddy!

Yes, thanks for the help with the fim, there are more budsites than I can count!!

Here is another days growth, screen is lookin full to me:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

fatigues

Veteran
I've noticed some bowing on the top of the root rez in your pics over the past two weeks.

Is this a consequence of plastic bending under heat, or is your root rez starting to pop up on ths sides because those lovely roots are getting too large?

Hella THC

Good lord man, that screen is sure filling out! What amazing growth this run! I'm blown away. I too, have been trying to rep you as much as I can ><

Looking great. I can't WAIT to see these babies in flower. :woohoo:

Best,

- Hella

D.I.trY

beautiful. sexy roots. Its more special that it comes out of a pc case, you simply dont expect it. You say you are using 1/4 strength nutes? ok i dont remember exactly but it was a low fraction. I have a problem that I assume you have too which is that with a small reservoir, evaporation can increase the strength pretty quickly. I imagine it can be quite maintainance hungry. I commend you for your amazing work ethic!

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
beautiful. sexy roots. Its more special that it comes out of a pc case, you simply dont expect it. You say you are using 1/4 strength nutes? ok i dont remember exactly but it was a low fraction. I have a problem that I assume you have too which is that with a small reservoir, evaporation can increase the strength pretty quickly. I imagine it can be quite maintainance hungry. I commend you for your amazing work ethic!

I recently went from 1/4 to 1/3 nute strength, any more and I get a little burn on the tips. The last run I ran slightly under full strength but I didn't have a fogger.

You are right about the small res size, it has kept the box very high maintenance as they drink/sweat up to 1/2 gallon a day during flower.
Last run, my res held 2.5 gallons so my solution to the problem was to mix the nutes for 2 gallons, then PH 1/2 gallon of distilled water and dump it in. This way I had 1/2 gallon of swing in the res before the nutes got too strong.
This time I built the res much closer to the foot print of the case, it barely fits in there, I also made it taller and increased the size to 3.5 gallons. Then I decided to go with a fogger and had to make some changes so I could maintain 7" of air gap so I didn't wind up with roots going straight into the water. This caused me to lose a gallon of capacity and I'm back to a 2.5 gallon res lol....

I've noticed some bowing on the top of the root rez in your pics over the past two weeks.

Is this a consequence of plastic bending under heat, or is your root rez starting to pop up on ths sides because those lovely roots are getting too large?

Wow, you have a keen eye bro! Yes, my res lid is warping, I even gave it a 1/4 inch plexi skeleton to try to avoid the warp. It's just an unfortunate property of acrylic to warp. It's not the heat, never even warm to the touch as the PL-L's don't radiate heat like HID's do. The stuff just warps with time. I have protien skimmers on reef tanks that are made of acrylic, exposed to no heat and the lids are warped too. They only warp a little and stop, I believe my res is done warping. I would like to think those roots are bending the res but that's just not the case...

C

cork144

looking great, might even be under what i first predicted:woohoo:

has to be the next couple of days for a flip :)

fatigues

Veteran
Here's a screen update this morning:

picture.php

Getting very close. Might let it run another 5 days before the switch or are you still determined to go over to 12/12 tomorrow?

Have you considered hitting it with a wee bit of Bushmaster after the switch to 12/12?

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I'm certainly not going 12/12 tomorrow, still undecided so I'll wait. This is the hardest part of a scrog wish I knew how much they are going to stretch. I plan to let them get a little taller over the screen before the flip so I can have taller buds. Last scrog, I didn't let them get tall enough and I wasted 3" that could have been bud. That strain also flowered in 5 days and didn't stretch much, who knows what this one will do? Still undecided on the flip, going to wing it I guess, few more days.
I have never used Bushmaster before, what does it do? I'm guessing it controls stretch somehow? I haven't had much luck with adding extras to my nutes, usually not impressed with the results and they are expensive...

Hella THC

You're the man! :woohoo: You have tons of bud sites. I would say 3-5 more days... more on the 5 end though.

I feel your pain with the whole acrylic warping thing. I work with metals and plastics for a living and I have to account for bending and warping all the time, otherwise the end products are scrap.

fatigues

Veteran
I have never used Bushmaster before, what does it do? I'm guessing it controls stretch somehow?

It's a plant hormone. You use a very small amount at commencement of flowering in the rez. Pretty much stops vertical growth dead in its tracks and growth switches over to horizontal/bushier/budding growth. It works mainly by kicking the crap out of internodal stretch, reducing it drastically. Works very well on indicas and indica dom hybrids - but not so well on sativas.

You might have to use it twice during flowering cycle. At commencement and again at about 3 weeks in or so. In your case, it would be a very small amount you would end up using - perhaps one millilitre in the rez? Considering the rez size and aeroponics setup, it's definitely an eye-dropper style application in your case. So get the smallest bottle of it they sell. Bushmaster is not a touch-feely organic and it is not snake oil. Iit's a plant hormone and you use it only sparingly.

Humboldt also makes two other products in this line, Gravity and Purple Max, which are more in the nature of traditional supplements. I have not used either of those yet and I've heard mixed results about those product's effectiveness at making more bud sites (Purple Max)with denser buds (Gravity is a flowering finisher used for that purpose. Some internet growers appear to swear by it).

Anyways, when it comes to Bushmaster, I can confirm it works and works well. It certainly does in soil, at any rate - I've yet to try it in hydro. But I plan to soon enough :) Those who I know who have tried it in hydro confirm it works well in that setting too -- though I have never spoken or even read about anyone who has tried it in a true aeroponic grow like yours. You can be our control group :)

It's not a magic spell, it's a hormone. No reason why it should not work - and every reason why it should.

Latest posts

Latest posts