What's new

Aeroponic PC case scrog

kodman111

Been reading the post the last couple days now. Some great work you have done here. I am still amazed by your clean cut work. Duct tape and rubber bands work, But you make that thing purdy. you make your mother plant proud! :)

Stop by sometime if you get a minute. Could always use more criticism on my first grow.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Wow, so much has happened since my last post, some good, and some bad.
The new canopy fan was way too powerful, lol, my poor lady looked like a palm tree in a hurricane! Guess it was working fine before so I went back to the original fan..

We have been having an unbelievable heat wave here and to make matters worse, I can no longer afford to run A/C in the house. Damn Caliwatts are expensive, can't have any more bills higher than a car payment :yoinks: This is causing 90F ambient temps during the day and growth has halted for my lady, my res hit 92F! I believe she will survive this heat but I lost her mom (forgot to water her) :wallbash: The excessive heat dried her out quicker than usual and she couldn't take the neglect.

I was trying to figure out how to save this strain and some kind stranger dropped some Hogs Breath clones at my door step :woohoo: Thanks whoever you are! :joint: So I removed my gooey lady to become a mom and added 2 Hogs Breath clones to the spooky aero machine.

I also found the coolest place in the house and moved the PC to it where ambient is around 85F. Strange thing is that the lights aren't heating up the case beyond ambient at this point. I was going to run 16/8 lighting to fight the heat but the case and res stay the same temp lights on or off. This heat should be long gone by flower time and well crank out some buds once again. Until then, the veg process will likely be a little slow.

PSSST aero, try double rootballing her

I really do want to try this some day, If things didn't take the turn they did, I would have double root balled her.

Thanks everyone for all of the kind words, I'll post some pics soon of the HB ladies.

virago420

Just wanted to stop by man and say youve done a hell of a job in that there pc case! Keep up the good work man and keep the eye candy coming! Peace

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Here is the HB ladies beginning veg stage:

picture.php

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Still not too late, you could remove one of the hog's breaths, lol :laughing:

j/k...Rock those clones to the bone.

Set a bowl of ice in front of your intake. Re-fill ice every chance you get. Should lower temps a few degrees, see if you can get growth resuming.

C

cork144

wait i just re-read, and you chose against having the wind blowing your plants about? you should let the wind take effect on them, stiffen em up and it will cool your temps down.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Set a bowl of ice in front of your intake. Re-fill ice every chance you get. Should lower temps a few degrees, see if you can get growth resuming.

The canopy temps aren't what's bothering me, it's the res temp.
Today, I figured out why my sump isn't cooling. It seems my water pump for the radiator has a stripped impeller!! I couldn't tell because the tubing is black and I can't see the water flow. So the pump was running creating heat but not moving water because the impeller let go of the shaft. This happened at the same time the heat wave and A/C was cut off so it seemed like it was just the heat. I replaced the pump and the sump is back down to 76F :woohoo: The grow will go on!! There is also news that the heat wave is on it's way out and temps should be normal by the weekend..

wait i just re-read, and you chose against having the wind blowing your plants about? you should let the wind take effect on them, stiffen em up and it will cool your temps down.

I agree but when I said "like a palm tree in a hurricane" I wasn't kidding, she was touching the ground, It was far too windy for her. I am going to put that fan back in as soon as I can locate a speed controller for it. Perhaps she could take more wind after she has a screen to hang onto.

Hella THC

Glad you did some detective work and got the pump issue solved there, Aero. Also good to hear your temps will be a little more stable here on out!

D.I.trY

man its like when i first installed my lights they wouldnt come on so i changed the bulbs and that didnt work so i rewired and checked every connection. Still didnt work - turns out one of the bulbs i replaced was a dud! It can be a fucking pain in the arse diagnosing a problem sometimes so at least now its properly figured out ;)

best of luck aero, and its officially the end of summer today too!

C

cork144

they will tuffen up mate trust it wont have any ill effect any longer than 2 days, thats if they suffer at all, stronger thicker stems carry nutes better.:2cents:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
they will tuffen up mate trust it wont have any ill effect any longer than 2 days, thats if they suffer at all, stronger thicker stems carry nutes better.:2cents:

Makes sense, thicker stems would be worth it in the end. I'll have to go dig through some boxes in the garage and get a speed control. Then maybe I can slowly increase the wind so it's not so much of a shock.

D.I.Try, Yes indeed having dud new out of the box equipment can be a troubleshooting nightmare..

No sign of the heat wave ending, can't believe the weather people were wrong!! Good news is the res temps are still under control and the HB clones are exploding!!

picture.php

Kizzattack

Jeepers. They remind me of mangrove roots. Pretty cool!

I'm not sure why, but I find the appearance of roots almost nauseating. Those Mangrove roots are the worst. :biglaugh:

I'm still quietly observing this thread. I'm sure that I'm not the only person who has been inspired and been given many great ideas by your work Aerohead. So I'm just stopping in to say keep up the good work! :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts