What's new

Aeroponic PC case scrog

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Where did you find those clasps that are hanging the lights (the metal roundish ones)?

I stripped those from a reflector that was left over from a reef light. I don't know where to locate them for sale... If I find a source, I'll post it here...

issack

Veteran
I just read this whole thread.. You did a great job man.. Thanks for sharing something so killer.!!

Keep up the green thumb.

Aloha

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey aero! well thought out setup, very ingenious!

i bet you will get your 56g next time - there's room for a few more buds in that canopy!

i do like a nice scrog ;)

V.

D

Deaner

Thanks for the quick responses. I have already purchased a similar PC case because of your inspiration. I've never considered a PC grow until reading your thread.

Now I need to get components to fill it up. Do I want the 6400K Grow Spectrum or 3000k Bloom Spectrum? I'm pretty certain that my PC chassis will include three 120mm fans.

Last question (for now).. Can you give us a little information about how you wired the three PC fans?

We're still waiting on a smoke report... :smoker:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks Dödsknark!

Hey Deaner!
Do I want the 6400K Grow Spectrum or 3000k Bloom Spectrum? I'm pretty certain that my PC chassis will include three 120mm fans.

You want both, How many bulbs are you going to run? I would try to get 20-30% 6400 and 70-80% 3000k if you can. I use 2 x 55w 3000k and 1 X 55w 6400k.

Last question (for now).. Can you give us a little information about how you wired the three PC fans?

I use wall warts, the kind the have a normal cord going to a box like a laptop power supply, They are rated @ 12vdc 3.0 amps. I use 2 of them because the blower fan comes on with the lights and needs a separate power source.
When using wall warts, just make sure power the fans consume is less than 80% of the wall warts output.

We're still waiting on a smoke report...

Yes, I'll try to get something together, it's been smoking well!!

I have some progress on the aero unit. Since I have decided to go with a fogger, I had to design a venturi fan to feed the aero chamber. I tested it with what else? Bong smoke!! and it cleared the bong quickly. I hope it performs the same with the fog. I don't currently have a fogger, should arrive soon. The fogger will be set under door two of the sump with the fan box on top.
Here are some pics of the new sump with the fan box to bring the fog into the aero chamber.

picture.php

Here is an end view:

picture.php

Closer:

picture.php

Here is a close up of the venturi, the air pressure drops when it passes the sloped plate and causes vacuum on the bottom vent and pulls the fog up to the aero chamber.

picture.php

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Expert, I happen to have some BHO too and I know exactly what you are talking about!!
I'm lifting my pipe back at ya!! Thanks bro...

picture.php

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
nice, I reckon the fog will have the fastest uptake to the roots due to droplet size and will no doubt give very good performance with your precise care.

Yes I hope so, here is the picture that made me want to try a fogger, If I could get roots like that the aero PC would max the screen for sure! Don't know who that is but its amazing work!

picture.php

Thanks Tripsick, I saw your fine work in your thread, thost plants are outstanding!!

Thanks Zoidb3rg, I am excited for the next run too, and it helps to have smoke this time around :joint:

BorkBorkBork, Thanks for stopping by again!!!

grow1620

*bump*

what style/brand sprayers did you use in yer old setup sir? I love the new sump but I'm still curious about the old one :D

theblotto

my self-made pc grow looks working fine with auto-piramid lowryders,
but i still have a trouble.. minimum temp is 25°C (77°F) and maximum temp is 31/32°C (88°F).(ambient temperature outside the box is about the same, its really hot this summer in italy...)
do you think is a problem for the babies?

great thanks for your inspiration.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
what exactly does the fog do? and this is only for aero hydro right? i feel dumb askin this =\

The purpose of the fog is to carry nutrients to the roots in a very small package. Basically, the smaller the water particles, the finer the root structure. The fine hairs that grow on the roots allow much more surface area for the roots to take in nutrients.

what style/brand sprayers did you use in yer old setup sir? I love the new sump but I'm still curious about the old one
Hey grow1620, I got them at Home Depot, I'll take a pic of the package and post it soon.

my self-made pc grow looks working fine with auto-piramid lowryders,
but i still have a trouble.. minimum temp is 25°C (77°F) and maximum temp is 31/32°C (88°F).(ambient temperature outside the box is about the same, its really hot this summer in italy...)
do you think is a problem for the babies?
TheBlotto, Sounds like your PC case is running room temp, that's about all you can ask for. 32C is a little hot but they will make it just fine if you keep an eye on them. It's hot here in California too, most of us are having problems with summer temps.

Been working alot again, but I managed to get the new aero machine running after several trials and changes. It's finally dialed in including two Afgooey clones waiting for roots. Now that I have the new machine running, I can break down the old sump for pics to be posted soon.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Took long enough but aero PC run #2 has begun!! Now I can spend some time sharing pics of the build...

Here is some pics of the Afgooey clones rooting:

picture.php

Here is with the baskets removed

picture.php

Here is a close up of the left basket removed

picture.php

And the right

picture.php

Here is a macro pic of the fog to try and show how fine the mist is:

picture.php

Here is a pic of the fog chamber with the lid cracked

picture.php

vanbl

Wow. I think I'll have to go aero when I put together my pc case. Looks fun and profitable, a sure sign of success!

D.I.trY

lol very cool fog, looks a bit spooky and sinister almost! One thing i dont understand is the purpose of the fan. Does it blow the fog around to keep it moving? and how comes it doesnt blow to fog out of the res? thanks