What's new

Aeroponic PC case scrog

RyanX

OMG, you sir, deserve a medal. This is one of the most informative threads I have ever read. Now I have to go to fry's and buy a tower..

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Niiiice looking buds. agreed on the bag appeal :)

There really isnt a doubt in my mind that you will hit the weight your looking for next time!

Are you going to just continue this thread or create another one for the build up of your case and future grows?

edit: HAPPY 4:20!!!!!!!

I had planned on just keeping this thread alive and posting everything here because I really don't want to keep up with two threads unless I have to.

Thanks!!!

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Before anyone asks why black for the new sump? I'll answer. I tried the white acrylic and it let lots of light through. The clear was only used for the bottom because 1/4" black was expensive and I don't mink painting the bottom of the sump. I did use smoked for the front of the sump so I can view with a flashlight if needed. I don't think the black is going to affect the grow because I don't really need reflected light under the scrog screen. During my last grow, the sump got very little light once the screen was full and I don't think any light reflected by the white paint did anything at all anyway.

The new sump is a modular design, parts can be swapped on the fly to change the number of pots, or grow media. I built this sump to experiment with foggers sometime soon so I made a screened in chamber at each end to keep roots out. For now I will use sprayers until I can get some good foggers. The aero manifold is designed to keep the roots zig zagging through it to increase the length of the roots in the manifold. This also forces the water to drain to the opposite side of the pump to keep good circulation of water and nutes. I did use clear for the front of the aero manifold so I can see the roots, this will also come in real handy for the foggers down the road. I have designed a hinged black piece that will cover it when I'm not viewing through it. I also increased the sump size to 3 gallons.

Here is a few pics:

picture.php
picture.php

Aero, I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with your grow. I've followed it since day one and it was one of the threads that actually brought me to register on this site after lurking for so long. You're thread is one that has helped inspire me to run my first grow (a stealth PC grow).

It sucks that you fell short of your 2 ounce goal, but 38.5 is still very impressive. Those buds look tasty! Congrats on an awesome harvest.

I'm sure you mentioned it earlier, but what strain was this?

D.I.trY

its amazing what you can build with acrylic isnt it. A lot of thought went into making your sump, that much i know. Acrylic is a new material for me. you get extremely strong bonds but its a bit of a pain in the arse sanding them for perfect contact - isn't it!

That co2 tank is super.... stealth haha - I hope it takes it to another gear, but how are you gonna keep it in there whilst cooling the lights? are you sealing the lights away with glass? I was thinking about co2 myself since i sometimes brew beer and cider and i could turn it into a more regular thing and make use of the co2. Aparently you can deliver the co2 into the water( for the plant to take up through the roots), diffusing it into the water like you would in a planted aquarium. I was thinking about adding a diy co2 reactor to diffuse the co2 in the res. There's a study of co2 root absorption that concludes with an increased biomass of plant! I found it quite simply on google, im sure i could find it again if you're interested.

You've still got the screen supported by the pc. is the plan to keep it that way? if you attached it to the centre piece with the plant pots then the entire unit can be removed for that all important scrog training. You are planning to go much denser this time and that will be so helpful.

what is the heat sink on the back of the pc? looks like its a passive water chiller, correct? I wouldn't bother to cool the water unless its gets above 30C but we all like our own grow methods!:smile: Possibly you will need to cover the black top with a loose sheet of mylar for example whilst the plants are tiny because that black might get hot, and its less wasted light. It won't be so pretty though!

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
That co2 tank is super.... stealth haha

LOL, ya stealth! I'm not sure if I am going to run the Co2 or not. I probably will just feed it to the intake fans at a slow rate even if I have to fill it once a month. I do have a controller and it takes about 15min with the fans off to hit 89-90F so I could dose it 15 on 15 off, but I don't think the plants will appreciate constant temp swings. I'm not convinced about the co2 in the res, goes against everything I have learned about plants. All of the posts regarding co2 in the res have been far from controlled experiments and I don't trust the results.

I should have the screen attached to the res but I haven't found a real good way to do it. I have some spacers that will let me control the height within a few inches or so.

Yes, that is a passive water chiller on the back of the PC. I have had better growth rates with cooler water and I'm trying to keep the res ambient temp if I can.

I'm sure you mentioned it earlier, but what strain was this?

Strain was White Widow X OG Kush, next run will be Afgooey!

Livefreeordie, I'm honored you joined because of this thread, best of luck with your new grow!! Thanks..

bugasman

This is professional pc grow case. It's really a BMW of Pc-Grow Cases. My dream is to make a PC case setup that harvest 30g. Your case is a model for all Pc-growers.

I think that the CO2 in a PC-Grow it's like use Atomic Bomb to kill an ant.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Do you think with this radiator setup I can do DWC in a PC-Grow in a hot climate I live in Brazil? Where I buy it?

Hey bugasman, That radiator might work for you but it depends entirely on ambient temps in your area. It's just a radiator, not a chiller so the best it can do is keep the res at ambient temps. Depending on your temps, it might work.

I think that the CO2 in a PC-Grow it's like use Atomic Bomb to kill an ant.

LOL... it's a bit overkill indeed. I wouldn't purchase the equipment for a pc grow in my wildest dreams but I already had it sitting gathering dust so I figure I'll toss it in the mix. I do believe I can max out this PC case without Co2 but I'll probably see how co2 affects the grow even though I won't be able to use it as intended. I'm not sealing the PC case and my temps are less than 80F so it might not help much.

MrGiggleBush

your the man, this case is bomb. i have something similar coming along but not nearly as clean a setup as yours. its gona be a zero veg SOG, kinda like the dr bud method but in a pc tower.

btw congrats on getting more than an oz out of a pc tower, its a rare sight to behold. Actualy, know that i think about it, im pretty sure this is the largest yield ive seen for a pc grow. I read the whole thread tonite even though i have work at 9 tommorow morning. Ha, gona need alot of coffee.

Anyways, im sure you'll hit 2 ozs next time, you are very scientific about this whole thing. Building and designing grow boxes is half the fun anyways, i do it more for the love of the hobby than the free weed.

Im hoping to eventually try to build a pc case with a small mother/clone chamber and a larger area for flowering. it would be hard to do, im sure it will present alot of problems, but it will just make the finished product so much sweeter when the time comes. Everytualy it would produce approx. 1 oz every 3 wks if everything goes to plan. Harvest 4 plants every 3 wks, each plant being a huge 7g cola, just bud from the soil to the top of the plant.

i cant wait to finally get to smoke some bomb weed that i grew myself.
wooah, i just rambled alot.

anyways
congrats man. it looks like your hard work paid off nicely

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Niiice. quality gear. Is that a blower style centrifugal on the back? lmfao@the co2 tank, holy shit. :D Well done, Aero.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Im hoping to eventually try to build a pc case with a small mother/clone chamber and a larger area for flowering. it would be hard to do, im sure it will present alot of problems, but it will just make the finished product so much sweeter when the time comes. Everytualy it would produce approx. 1 oz every 3 wks if everything goes to plan. Harvest 4 plants every 3 wks, each plant being a huge 7g cola, just bud from the soil to the top of the plant.

That sounds like the Dr. Bud PC case, that would be amazing. Thanks for reading the thread, hope work isn't too busy today!

Niiice. quality gear. Is that a blower style centrifugal on the back? lmfao@the co2 tank, holy shit. Well done, Aero.

Thanks for the rep SN, Yes that's the same centrifugal fan that cooled my last run. Yes the Co2 tank is hilarious, maybe I can hide it under my bed and run a really long hose to maintain some stealth lol....

geekusa

56 grams? More like the new goal is 84 :) That's the nicest grow box I've ever laid my eyes on. Can't wait to follow the new grow.

D

Deaner

Aerohead, this is simply the most ridiculously amazing grow I've ever seen. I have the equipment for a large grow, but after reading this. I want to try something similar. Can you give us some details on how you made the new aeroponic setup?

Sobekobe

Amazing grow! I've read the whole thread time and time again trying to understand how I can make my own cabinet grow better, and maybe even start my own micro grow!

An inspiration for all, Areohead.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Dude

This has to be one of the most impressive things I have seen. You should sell those things

Two very green thumbs up man

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Aero, congrats on the harvest weight, not the 56 you were looking for but a very impressive PC harvest no doubt.

I'm sure that the new res, increased flower space and res cooler will really have an impact and no doubt that 56 can't be far off. A denser strain taken another week or two would have given you 56 with the old config I'm sure.

Well you can count on me to lurk around and keep abreast of your excellent work.

Thanks Expert! yes, I believe the new res will improve things a bit, I also got an extra gallon of capacity while adding 3 inches to the scrog area, Next run should be 9 inch colas. The new strain is also a bit bulkier so i should meet the goal next run with some luck!!

56 grams? More like the new goal is 84 :) That's the nicest grow box I've ever laid my eyes on. Can't wait to follow the new grow.
Thanks for the compliments on the PC case but we will leave the goal at 56 for the next run. If I could pull 84 g's out of that Case, I would have a new religion for sure. I might also sprout wings out of my ass and fly to Holland!!

Aerohead, this is simply the most ridiculously amazing grow I've ever seen. I have the equipment for a large grow, but after reading this. I want to try something similar. Can you give us some details on how you made the new aeroponic setup?
Thanks Deaner, i am working out some bugs in the new aero system and I will post lots of pics as soon as it's functioning to standards.

Also, what would you estimate this entire setup to cost?
Probably around $400 USD from scratch without any parts laying around. with a full days work as well..

Amazing grow! I've read the whole thread time and time again trying to understand how I can make my own cabinet grow better, and maybe even start my own micro grow!

An inspiration for all, Areohead.
Thanks Sobekobe, let me know if I can help!!

Dude

This has to be one of the most impressive things I have seen. You should sell those things

Two very green thumbs up man
Thanks Dr Dog, I don't think I could build these cases via production at a reasonable cost. Thanks for the rep bro!!!

Apologies for not posting specs on the new aero but I'm waiting for more parts and time, I have decided to go with a fogger system for the new run!! Details to follow...

D

Deaner

Where did you find those clasps that are hanging the lights (the metal roundish ones)?