What's new

Aeroponic PC case scrog

djslife

Haha, I come to the micro section and browse through a bunch of threads, but I always stop and check on this one. Great work Aerohead, really enjoyed your thread.

-djslife

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks for checking in Centralcoastbud!!

Thanks, Silentspider, kidkannabis, Jrbus11, and djslife!!!

Thought I would share how the flush is going, Looks like harvest date will be moved up about 5-6 days to the 14-15th. They are perfectly ready right now by the looks of them and I don't want them to go too far as I'm not a big fan of couch lock. I have had no problems flushing within 5-7 days in hydro and this is day 6 of flush. I'll leave them a few more days then give them the chop...

Looks like I bungled up the harvest timing slightly but I think they will turn out just fine...

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
2 z's (or nearly) from a pc case is amazing. I got that much from 4 sq ft, lol! Well done, man. I'll look on in amazement at the weigh up, I'm sure. Some primo buds there, mayn!

bugasman

2 z's (or nearly) from a pc case is amazing. I got that much from 4 sq ft, lol! Well done, man. I'll look on in amazement at the weigh up, I'm sure. Some primo buds there, mayn!
Are you sure if this micro aeropics will give 2 ozs of dried buds? Wow, if yes I think is a record for PC grows. If I set a micro PC grow to get 30g of dried buds I'm set for life.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Are you sure if this micro aeropics will give 2 ozs of dried buds? Wow, if yes I think is a record for PC grows. If I set a micro PC grow to get 30g of dried buds I'm set for life.

Yes, not just aero, I also believe micro DWC can produce almost the same results. As I mentioned I'll probably fall short on this run but there is lots of room left in that screen as well as a solid 3 inches the sump can be moved down. My tallest buds are 6 inches right now, I imagine 9 inch spears next time will add a bit of weight.

I think the key to high yields in a PC case is certainly more about lighting than grow media. Scrog is also hand in hand with that lighting.

bugasman

I think the key to high yields in a PC case is certainly more about lighting than grow media. Scrog is also hand in hand with that lighting.

See for example MicroRU, he got almost 20g (0.7 oz) from 0.3 sqft using 70W Hps. His space was very extreme difficulty. Pc grows are 0.9 sqft. So I think is realistical to get 2oz. Maybe 70W HPS plus 30W CFL can do the trick. Or oneday a microgrower will cooltube a 150W HPS in a PC grow and get the maximum of yield. Another factor is strain. It's very important to find the right genetics, the good yielders.

Right now I'm using a 70W HPS in my PC grow. The reason I didn't created a thread because I still need to do some modifications. Maybe next week I will make a report thread. So, I'm using just a 120mm fan blowing in front of the lamp. One 120mm intake fan, and one exhaust 80 mm fan.

Kizzattack

Don't go picking any nuggets off while we're not looking! I can't wait 'till the harvest. This has been an intriguing grow.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
See for example MicroRU, he got almost 20g (0.7 oz) from 0.3 sqft using 70W Hps. His space was very extreme difficulty. Pc grows are 0.9 sqft. So I think is realistical to get 2oz. Maybe 70W HPS plus 30W CFL can do the trick. Or oneday a microgrower will cooltube a 150W HPS in a PC grow and get the maximum of yield. Another factor is strain. It's very important to find the right genetics, the good yielders.

Right now I'm using a 70W HPS in my PC grow. The reason I didn't created a thread because I still need to do some modifications. Maybe next week I will make a report thread. So, I'm using just a 120mm fan blowing in front of the lamp. One 120mm intake fan, and one exhaust 80 mm fan. Simple ventilation, without cooltube. I live in hot climate, in the very center of Brazil. My bitch is in her 4week of flowering. She is doing nice, without any problems. With a right planning one can use a 100-150 Hps and get nice yields.

I have seen quite a few 150w HPS PC cases and very few of them finish due to heat issues. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's really going to keep you busy. HID lights are best used over a square area and PC cases are long so I would suggest 2 X 70w rather than 150w. I think the light coverage would be much better this way and you would be less likely to burn the leaves.

Don't go picking any nuggets off while we're not looking! I can't wait 'till the harvest. This has been an intriguing grow.
I will leave the nuggets alone I promise...lol

The ladies entered darkness yesterday, they will remain there for 2 days and get the chop!!!

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Wow! Wish i wasnt so late to catch this one. Great job!

Now I have to update my equipment and its your fault!

What do you mean late? Your timing is perfect, harvest is Thursday with a photo show to follow..

If it makes you feel any better, I am also going to be upgrading my equipment for another grow show so you don't have to arrive late to the next one =)

Thanks for stopping by my thread!!

This puts the $300 computer cases to shame. Any chance you would want to make another? :)
Yes I am going to build another but it costs me more than $300 to build one of these. The first case cost me $200 or so because I had lots of the parts already from extra reef equipment. I didn't have to buy water pumps, air pumps, and already had a 55w PL-L ballast. I also scored the case for $59 and could not find another for that price. 1/4" acrylic isn't cheap either.

Mk3Jetta

Holy shit. I just read your entire thread tonight and damn its amazing what your doing in that PC!!!!

I'm glad I didnt find this thread until now so I could read through it all. Otherwise I would have been itchin each day for new updates!!!

I cant wait to see the final weight!

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hey Aero, I saw you mention a couple of times how it's more accurate to use a fan's ampage as a guide to it's power. I wasn't convinced at first but after thinking about it, I think you're onto something there.

Anyways, I tried searching the thread for "fan" but it gets mentioned too much - I was just wondering which models of fans you settled with?

And it's Thursday so enjoy yo self! :D

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Hey Aero, I saw you mention a couple of times how it's more accurate to use a fan's ampage as a guide to it's power. I wasn't convinced at first but after thinking about it, I think you're onto something there.

Anyways, I tried searching the thread for "fan" but it gets mentioned too much - I was just wondering which models of fans you settled with?

And it's Thursday so enjoy yo self! :D

My cooling fan is made by Delta, they are a big name in cooling large computer servers. I used to build hard drive arrays for web providers and we calculated cooling by amps because CFM's are terribly overrated. This seems to also apply to micro grows because it's all about getting lots of heat out of a small space. Anyway, this centrifugal fan that cooled my entire grow was rated @ 80 CFM, not alot compared to some 120mm axial PC fans, but it takes 1.26 amps and will blow your hat off from 6 feet away! Thermaltake makes some good fans and I think your fans will cool your grow but not @ 6v, You will probably wind up running them @ 12v and deal with the noise. If it helps, my fan sounds like a 747 taking off but I learned to ignore it eventually, I actually kinda like the whirrrrrrrr =)

Yes, Thursday... Harvest pics to follow tomorrow :woohoo:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Sorry ScrubNinja, I didn't really answer your question, I am guessing you need to run 1.2 - 1.5 amps of fans to cool your grow. You can do that with any combo of fans you like and if you can do it with less, you either live in a cold climate or you are the zen master of all cooling..

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks bro for the comprehensive reply. I have 1.92 tied up in actual exhaust flow but I guess it's only half that if I'm running at 6v. Just gotta wait to bolt it all together I guess. It is nice like you said that I can turn it up if I have to. I'm hoping for the 6v thing due to the extra large carbon filter surface area. It's a real free flowing and efficient design of filter imo...the thing is huge, it'd want to be good at something :D

C

cork144

so 4 days untill you think they are done now by your flush time predictions? how are they looking? :respect:

Elephunk

I really can't wait to see what you pull from this. It makes me hopeful for what I'll possibly be able to get from my identical double wide version. Although I am doing SWC as opposed to aero and my lighting uses 4 80w PL-Ls. I can only hope to get somewhat close to your awesome results.

Thank you so much though for all the inspiration and the genius design. By far the BEST pc grow I've seen to date. Can't wait to see what the final weigh in brings and the dried/manicured bud shots.