What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aeroponic PC case scrog

matero23

matero23, That pic is an old one when I was mocking up the aero unit and no attention was put on the fans at that moment.

Looking at the picture: The lower left fan circled in red was removed and the area opened for a passive intake and covered in black low density foam. Above that (still on the left side of the picture) 2 X 120mm fans were mounted over the intake.

The right side of the picture: The fan circled in red was also removed. I made a entire new panel for the case out of aluminum creating a solid wall. I then drilled the 3" hole for the 80mm blower fan. So, the right wall in that pic now only has a 3" hole with an exhaust fan.. This is all made more confusing as I also swapped access doors so 1/2 way through the thread the fans switch sides because the pictures are taken from the other side panel. LOL.... sorry for the confusion..

I think im starting to get it.. sorry for all the images, i just learn more with pictures lol.

so this is what i got from what you told me. you have the passive 4"x7" passive intake under the 2 120 mm intake fans, and this is on the back of the case. and in the front u have the 80 mm exhaust at the top pulling the heat out. I hope this sounds right.

a couple of questions though (again sorry for asking you so much and taking your time) the heat shield you have, is there a gap at all to pull the air from the grow area up through the top to get it exhausted, and is the gap on the side near the intake or the exhaust.

you also dont have a scrubber, but if you had to put one. how would u get that to work? would u put it on the one 80 mm fan or woudl you have to create another exhaust fan? but if you add another exhaust with a scrubber wont some smell come out of the other exhaust wwithout the scrubber? forgive me if im rambling hahaha... heavily medicated atm. If i post some pictures of my case so far could you give me some pointers on how i could ventilate it efficiently? thanks aero!

btw how much do u expect to harvest? and are u gonna continue with this case or go for bigger badder.....danker:chin:?

stay up:joint::joint:
-matero

fat-rob

OMG dude, this grow is amazing, incredible results! Oh man, this is one of the most inspiring icmag threads for me ever, since im struggling to improve my ghetto pc case every day, those micro colas are developing amazingly! The rivet gun tip you gave me really helped alot, next up is getting a cheap cannon powershot. Maybe nasa will hire you as their space gardener technician:joint:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
man, i always though PC grows were kind of a novelty...but you've seriously changed my mind... amazing job dude, those pics are awesome! I cant wait for the harvest pics

Thanks for stopping by again ArticBlast, it's funny how things work out when knowledge is shared. I also thought PC grows were a novelty until I saw Mr. Micro's work on here.

Matero23, Yes your picture is exactly how I am venting my case at the moment, nice picture too by the way.. There is no air gap above my reflector, it is glued to the top of the PC case with heat sink glue. If I needed a scrubber, I would use the 80cfm blower fan through a DIY filter of some sort.

btw how much do u expect to harvest? and are u gonna continue with this case or go for bigger badder.....danker?

My goal for harvest is 56 grams, looks like it's going to be close but I'll likely come up a little short of that but it's good to set goals a little high. I will certainly be running this case again bigger and badder. I have already identified some areas for improvement and will share as soon as I get the plans to further mod the case. Next run will be with Afgooey. My source of clones claims this one bulks up better than my current stock.

OMG dude, this grow is amazing, incredible results! Oh man, this is one of the most inspiring icmag threads for me ever, since im struggling to improve my ghetto pc case every day, those micro colas are developing amazingly! The rivet gun tip you gave me really helped alot, next up is getting a cheap cannon powershot. Maybe nasa will hire you as their space gardener technician

Thanks for stopping back by Fat-Rob, Glad the rivet gun worked out, don't know what i would do without one. That's a great idea, I would love to be a space gardener!!!!

C

Cozy Amnesia

My goal for harvest is 56 grams, looks like it's going to be close but I'll likely come up a little short of that but it's good to set goals a little high. I will certainly be running this case again bigger and badder. I have already identified some areas for improvement and will share as soon as I get the plans to further mod the case. Next run will be with Afgooey. My source of clones claims this one bulks up better than my current stock.

2 ounces is a pretty high goal for a PC case. I'd be happy with just one once myself.:joint:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Yes 2 zips is a lofty goal indeed, I'm sure it can be done with a few more runs to dial the system in. I guess we will be able to tell after this harvest if it's reasonable.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks again Expert!!

Here is a pic of an afgooey pheno that was very productive and stoney. It's being re-vegged in hopes of producing clones in 3-4 weeks for the aero PC run #2

picture.php

Aero,

I'm totally interested in copying your aeroponic set up you have there...I think it adds a little more efficiency (and hopefully quality and yield) to these micro grows! I'm currently getting my PC case ready and would really appreciate any info you have on constructing your beautiful set up! I'm SO excited and thanks again in advance!

- Chr0nicles

Dr 4 four

Really nice grow Aero!

Had 2 questions that crossed my mind, if you put the glass back in and add on the carbon scrubber, about how much do you think the temp/humidity might increase/decrease? Also, would it be possible for air to flow back out the passive intake due to back pressure caused by having the glass and scrubber installed & 2 120's pulling air in? I know you mentioned than the 80 pulls more that the 120's but I didn't know how those other two factors would change the field.

Really love your PC grow! Can't wait to see the final results of your hard work and the future mods of your case.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Chr0nicles, I would be happy to help, I am going to re build the entire system to a new design after this grow. I'll create a DIY mini aero thread when the time comes. Meanwhile, if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them as best I can...

Dr. 4 four, Wow! I have no idea what the temps would do if I put the glass back in. I don't see a reason to have the glass sealed cool tube in this case unless the temps were too high or I was going to run CO2. I think PC cases are better off with bare bulbs and lots of airflow.

C

cork144

your afgooey looks frosty man.. that should be ready for 3 weeks if she has the rootspace.

C

cork144

your going to do very well in the future i foresee.. prahaps even one of the icmag pl-l gurus lol??

your doing amazing work here.

J

Jebus11

Great clean setup, micro hydro seems like the shit!

i got 3 female plants just put into flower in a speaker cab. got atleast 4 solid tops (had em trained under screen before i put in 12/12 then took it out)

My unrealistic goal is 48g's, but i will be happy with 30... anything around an ounce would be nice.

Keep up the good work!

SqUiSh3e

Would you consider taking a pic of the roots? Im curious to see how theyre responding to this method.

P.S. Keep up the good work, I hope you enjoy the nugs.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
your going to do very well in the future i foresee.. prahaps even one of the icmag pl-l gurus lol??

your doing amazing work here.

Thanks for the props but this is my first PL-L grow, probably have to wear out a few bulbs before I can get guru status.....lol

Jebus11, thanks for checkin in, your grow sounds sweet, best of luck with that speaker cab, I have been thinking about a speaker micro for some time now..

Squish3e, There are some root pics in the thread, They are responding very well to this aero setup. I can't take pictures of the roots right now, they have reached the point that I can't raise the baskets for pics anymore.
I will include lots of root pics with the harvest photos.

Here's day 47 since 12/12:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php