What's new

AeroFlo28, Rainforest, 800W budding, Purple Haze <- Sensi Seeds

• Thread starter TheGermanProGro
  • Start date

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hi GPG, after reading your latest description of the problem, I would say you ether have PH-problem, or you have spidermite infection going on! You dont visit the grow daily? Next time you will check out for tiny black spots under leafs, they can vary on colors, but most likely you find black, or red mites if you got em.. Also, on the leaf surfaces.. You have white/clear like spots on them? Reason why I throw "the borg" on air is because you described the sudden leaf curlin & yellow dots :chin:

Mite´s, or ether PH.. Are those yellow spots turning to brown colored & crispy?

Great grow btw :yes:

T

TheGermanProGro

@ king of thorns: shweet :D (pronounce as Eric Cartman would)

@ bigherb: remember the Purple Haze are the ones in the smaller growroom. Not sure if it's new from sensi. It's not the legendary Purple Haze, but it's one of their Haze's that are made for indoor use. Very satisfied with their growth, don't know about the smoke yet.

@ satyr: I'll check on your grow soon too, get some infos and such :)

@ Herbalistic: had spider mites before, but aren't any there. It's either Ph or a nutrient defficiency. Maybe the solution is too cold?

I will visist the grow today, do a good check up, get new pics and write down some stuff in ere soon. Thanks for dropping by guys.

Last edited:

satyr

Nah.....german....that one is over and done....I have just transplanted 18 Killingfields f2....will come with a seperate thread

T

TheGermanProGro

I was at the grow yesterday. The problem I believe has been found. EC and Ph are not the problem. I had the water level far too high. The roots weren't looking too good. I dropped it to a minimum. This AF28 ist not really that aeropnonic like. It's more like NFT. Not gonna buy this system again. I am looking for high pressure with a fine mist of nutrients. The RainForest is actually better I believe, than the AeroFlo. I hope the quality of the roots will catch up. I put the EC to 1.8 in both grows, dropped the water level and will keep the Ph at 6.0. Update with pics coming soon

not aeroponic?? just like that guy in aeroponics thread stated more like a NFT system, Im glad you found your error

Last edited:

satyr

Its like a little NFT, a bit DWC and a bit of aero all at once...

You should only have an inch of water or so in the tubes some even lower it all the way......

It may not be fully Aero, but its much more reliable and easyly operated than real aero and the yields are really up there if run correctly...

T

TheGermanProGro

I didn't think about the reliability. This system is very reliable, and the pump one can get at any "Baumarkt". Let's see how the roots will be doing in time.

Last edited:

satyr

How often do you change the water ?.....they look pretty bad, to be honest....

I would change my nutes and lower the ph to 5.8 or so....I think 6.0 is too much for such a sy

T

TheGermanProGro

I used to change the water every 3-4 weeks, but now I do it every two. I set the Ph down to 5.8 yesterday, might go a little lower. What's a nute? With the water level down to the lowest possible, the roots should now get some good oxygen. I also put an air pump in to air up the solution. I think the entire problem was jsut that the roots were practically drowning... Otherwise they couldn't look this bad.

T

TheGermanProGro

hm..., I might just change my nutes. I used advanced hydroponics before and was pleased with the results. I'll check around the web a little and see if I can find something that's more suitable for these systems of mine. Thanks for the advise.

T

TheGermanProGro

I harvested the purple haze in the small growbox due to huge amounts of red/brown hairs (over 60%)

Allthough the other ones have hanging leaves, the Cannabinoids are well spread out. The smell of the plants is unbelievable! Ph ist at 6.2 and I gave them one last feeding to EC 1.7 as their leaves are turning yellow. Over the weekend I will change the solution and not add any more nutrients. When the leaves are yellow throughout, I will harvest. Looks like it'll be a big harvest. The purple haze looks about 80 gramms (whats that in ounzes?) Not much for 400W, but it should turn out to be a good sative smoke. Pics will follow over the weekend.