What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aerial Detection

D

Dioni

With spectrum analysis imaging they can fly around and make it look like this... in a sea of green, pretty easy to spot!

oh there's some over there...pilot pass over there again!

Like I said best of luck to all out there...be safe and use your head. :tiphat:

Easy7

Veteran
Around here they like solid actionable intel. Every year they find a big grow in the corn or woods, never catching anyone. Their big breaks are narcs. Someone busted that turn coats or an ex girl wanting more money. They have a lot of the usual meth and heroin to deal with but always act on solid info. If the plants hide from everyone else and no trace of your presence at the grow, it's easy. Hardest part is harvest and plant maintenance. Gets a bit exciting when the plants have weigh. Hard to act like ya just found the beauties.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With spectrum analysis imaging they can fly around and make it look like this...[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71113&pictureid=1706105&thumb=1]View Image[/url] in a sea of green, pretty easy to spot!

oh there's some over there...pilot pass over there again!

Like I said best of luck to all out there...be safe and use your head. :tiphat:

Do you happen to have pics our a link to pics of other vegetation photographed by that tech?

I mean... Surely the other plants look at least somewhat similar. I doubt it would make cannabis look like that while the remainder of a photo is as normal.

livinit

Do you happen to have pics our a link to pics of other vegetation photographed by that tech?

I mean... Surely the other plants look at least somewhat similar. I doubt it would make cannabis look like that while the remainder of a photo is as normal.

I am also curious, didn't think the clippers had outdoor plant sensing tec. Always thought indoor grows were easy to identify due to the high amount of heat and energy.

I can't see outdoor tec being that much of a give away expecially when camouflaged along other plants much larger.

D

Dioni

Click on the link I posted in post 21, scroll to page #5 figure 3 $ 4. This will give you an idea of how spectral imaging works...as far as the equipment they can program in any colors they want to make it as visible as they want. All leaves reflect light DIFFERENTLY!

Good luck camouflaging your plants, I would say a coating of dust or mud would do it but your leaves probably wouldn't work too well.

idiit

Veteran
had a talk with the local hdro guy a few days ago. no one here but me is getting outdoor plants into harvest. they stake out one plant grows here. the trash ppl are paid bonuses to search thru ppls tree limbs, grass clippings, etc....

yes, it's hard to believe. you don't have to believe it. I try to honestly post my experiences. the hydro guy ( who I've known for over 20 years; clerk at a cigar store I frequented for years before he bought a hydro store franchise) said he knows that bonuses are being paid out. don't know myself if that's true. I believe the helicopter pilots get bonuses for finding "patches". the hydro guy said yes. don't know if he has verified, honest sources. they go nuts doing aerial searches here. when i'm harvesting I clip the branches and drag them immediately into a concealed spot in the woods to field trim for the trek back home. I almost always hear helicopters flying low and slow within a mile or two while processing for the trip home wid the goodies. there are only a few areas here that it's possible to grow cannabis due to the shit soil here. the helicopters know where they have spotted plants in the past and continuously search these areas. it's insane how hot it is here for outdoor grows. I never walk out in the open for more than a few seconds; I stick to the woods.

it all depends on where you are growing. outdoor has been harassed for over 35 years. I've been in the outdoor game for almost 40 years.

I told the hydro guy that i'm "the last of the mohicians" and he totally agreed.

they have pretty effectively shut down outdoor in some regions. the consumers here haven't even heard of outdoor weed and think it's my scam to present fake weed; outdoor grown landrce sativa doms. everyone in the commercial market wants bright green frosty indica dom buddy buds. anything else is viewed as a scam.

the only plants that made it to harvest for me in my region were horizontal grows.

outdoor lst, baby.

this is the safest method imo.

Easy7

Veteran
I am lucky that there are large bag seed grows. Those guys are so dumb and will plant 20 - 200 in a patch. Locals feel happy finding those and don't even look in the areas around me for 3 or 4. Small stuff is hardly worth investigating. Just don't leave trash or your wallet.

Just sucks that we have such staunch republicans running the show. Lamest medical laws in the nation. No home growing and cannot even smoke the herb. Anyone with a record at all cannot at all help grow. Have 10 acres just itching to grow going to waste with organic hay.

PDX Dopesmoker

Easy7 hemp growing might be legal in your state even if you're in red state stereotype territory, I know KY & TN both have hemp growing

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Click on the link I posted in post 21, scroll to page #5 figure 3 $ 4. This will give you an idea of how spectral imaging works...as far as the equipment they can program in any colors they want to make it as visible as they want. All leaves reflect light DIFFERENTLY!

Good luck camouflaging your plants, I would say a coating of dust or mud would do it but your leaves probably wouldn't work too well.

Inadequate...
I need actual photographs or video.
Illustrations do not show anything. They only illistrate the accompanying words & don't provide proof positive that were not having smoke blown up our collective asses.

D

Dioni

Inadequate...
Illustrations do not show anything. They only illistrate the accompanying words & don't provide proof positive that were not having smoke blown up our collective asses.

The technology is out there do your own research, I already know that if your in a hot zone and they have the money to look for your shit, they WILL find it if they have access to this technology.

Don't accuse me of limiting your own ability to protect YOURSELF!

Have a nice day! :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Inadequate...
As iditt says, "it all depends on where you are growing."
Some don't bother with a few plants, others do. Depends on the state, jurisdiction.

livinit

My understanding is the USA have alot tougher laws against cannabis, labeling it as equal or worse than actual "drugs".

Anyone know how Canada is for aerial detection? I tried looking up on the government website but nothing in detail popped up.

livinit

The technology is out there do your own research, I already know that if your in a hot zone and they have the money to look for your shit, they WILL find it if they have access to this technology.

Don't accuse me of limiting your own ability to protect YOURSELF!

Have a nice day! :tiphat:

If they use light reflection off the leaves and colour codes... there are so many cannabis strains with different leaf colours, sizes, and genetics making them all unique.

I'm not doubting the tech... more so if it's practical. I tried doing a search about this magic telescope but so far nothing to back it up.

I can understand during the fall season cannabis sticking out like a sore thumb but not an everyday concern.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Inadequate...

you know they sprinkle glitter from helicopters though , right .....

its special glitter developed to magnetise to cannabis . no shit . :laughing:

A lot of land is covered by satellites, most people don't realise this.

Fire services have satellites, park rangers have satellites, the people who look after water catchment areas have satellites.

I mean I saw my grow on google maps, could see the plants and the pots, and they would have more real time function than google maps, which is not live, and probably much better resolution.

D

Dioni

A lot of land is covered by satellites, most people don't realise this.

Fire services have satellites, park rangers have satellites, the people who look after water catchment areas have satellites.

I mean I saw my grow on google maps, could see the plants and the pots, and they would have more real time function than google maps, which is not live, and probably much better resolution.

Come on man...these guys need proof of that, give them pictures so they believe! :biggrin:

B

BAKED_BEANZ

governments do have access to better resolution maps , thats a given ..... if weed was there focus i,m sure they could design computer programs to detect abnormally or plots ...... its not there focus .

i love the stoner logic though , i have 5 plants and helicopter flew by 4 km up and they seen them for sure ....... yep keep thinking that way cause its holding you back from growing a decent patch . mostly pilots are up there scratching there nuts on there way to a job , if there job involves searching for weed then your screwed ,

anyone who,s ever been up in a helicopter knows , you can fucking see everything , so if you have peanut sized balls growing outdoors isn,t for you .

Latest posts

Latest posts