What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advice

Hempy McNoodle

Can't you find a more affordable room to rent? Am I understanding this right? You pay $2,000 for a room (which is 99% of your income)? So, you make just over $2k a month? Is there some reason you can't get a room or even apartment for much less? I would think a room should be well under $900. No?

An alternative to GoFundMe is GiveSendGo.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas. Walk away.

In the USA, a motel room with bath will cost $500 Wk.

Good luck getting back on your feet! :tiphat:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Sorry to hear about your problem, I'm not sure what your former roommate was thinking, had she not screwed you over so badly given the situation you might have eventually given in and agreed to move in with her again but now she's killed pretty much any chance of that working out well. Unfortunately you're in a bad spot having to rent. Landlords took advantage of the pandemic to jack up rent went people who couldn't work started looking for more affordable places to live It's also bad times for buying a home because new home construction has been down during the pandemic and those that could afford to took advantage of low interest rates to buy up homes to turn into rentals. Now there is a housing shortage so demand is still pretty high keeping prices high and it's looking like the FED is going to be raising interest rates to reel in high inflation. So it's a bad time to buy and besides you don't really have a good income to qualify for much anyway.

The only thing I can think of is kind of hit or miss but some sates are offering rental assistance but it will likely go quick and if you would even qualify depends on what requirement that state sets.

An extreme option that many have become exploring is either living out of a vehicle or setting up a campsite at a camping ground and living out of a tent.

As far as your former roommate, resist the urge to get revenge unless there is someway to do it thru court. She had no right to touch your personal property and her just claiming she gave it away shouldn't be a defense where the court shrugs it's shoulders and says, "Sorry guy, she gave it away". If I were the judge and she said that my reply back would be, "So you're admitting you stole his property without authorization?"

Sorry I have nothing else to offer other then maybe see if during this time where so many companies are having trouble finding employees see if you can pick up either a second job or a better paying job.

h.h.

Veteran
Remember it’s just stuff. Stuff that ties you down. Stuff you need a house for. You’ll miss it for awhile, then you won’t. It’s an adventure. I can say that having been through it all. One thing I did was return to school. I lived in my truck across the street. When I did get roused, I’d show my student I.D. Cops get a lot friendlier. Take P.E. classes for a shower. The cafeteria was cheap. Start networking and find a decent roommate. I ended up in a townhouse in Newport Beach with an ocean view.
You may get hungry. You may get cold, but you won’t die. The worst that will happen is you’ll get educated.

h.h.

Veteran
You’re welcome.
As HempKat mentioned, campgrounds. Harder to get campsites now. Boon docking. You’ll often find others living there that are in the same boat. You end up sharing camps. I have lifelong friends that I met camping. For a woman, there’s safety in numbers.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well first of that bit about the orthopedic dog bed yeah, that's just plain wrong and cruel. I mean everything your former room mate did is wrong and cruel but to force an animal who doesn't understand what's happening to needlessly suffer, that's next level wrong. The only real comfort I can offer on that score is Karma is real and your former roommate will get what she has coming, it might not be in a way that you witness it you may never even know about it but I'm confident it will happen. Of course that doesn't really do you or your dog any good.

I don't have a lot of experience with buying from legal sources, like you I'm in a very tight financial spot but for different reasons, basically I'm old and disabled which means I can't work and I have to survive on a limited fixed income of about $1100 per month. Due to that and the fact I can't really afford to grow right now, I've been forced against my preferences to be cannabis froo for going on 5 years now. Just before that though I had more money to work with each month and so I did on occasion by from legal businesses in neighboring states and I always found most of the stuff to be pretty damn good although a little pricey but not too bad Given you financial situation though it might be beyond your means to buy your head stash especially if you like to smoke daily. So if you have the ability to grow you may want to keep on with that to as you say produce for yourself.

Now if you were asking about the ability to grow to supply the stores that will be opening up, more then likely that's not going to work out, at least not legally. You might find a store willing to buy some grower's crop in a back room deal but not only would you be at risk if caught but so would that person and they could be risking their business if they did that. Then again that's been true in virtually every state that has gone legal and yet you hear about back room deals happening from time to time. For that sort of thing a lot will depend on how closely the state monitors the coming and going of the products these stores sell.

Your last statement is right though, you probably shouldn't be future tripping about all this right now, you got enough on your plate to deal with.

h.h.

Veteran
The best thing about legalization is the ability to grow your own. Locally the clinics have good quality and the prices are cheaper than street weed used to be. If you smoke daily, they’ll still drain your wallet.

Hempy McNoodle

Here in Oakland, delivery services have a wide assortment of 8ths for $10 each that are pretty decent. You have to purchase $40 minimum and then pay the extra fees, but a week ago I got 5 8ths for $60 including a decent tip for the driver.