What's new

Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect - Review

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the plants look pretty healthy. i always shoot for 5.7 in coco, and 6 in rockwool. alot of people say you dont need to ph with soil but id be shooting for about 5.7/5.8 as you say.

you wont need a ph meter with the ph perfect stuff but its aways good to know where you are at. i mean if you have a fantastic final bud god yield etc, its easier to replicate it again if you know how things were during the grow etc.

my ec is upto about 1800 ppm which is a worry because i like to keep it at 1000. but i started at 3mls per litre and worked up to the full 4mls with no ill effects.

i still dont like the whole 4ml per litre. thats not many feeds per litre bottle of a and b. thats the only reason i will be switching.

Thanks Sifted. I'm no green thumb but for all the changes, stress, and lack of knowledge these plants went through, I'm surprised they grew :)

You have pics or a diary?

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Thanks Sifted. I'm no green thumb but for all the changes, stress, and lack of knowledge these plants went through, I'm surprised they grew :)

You have pics or a diary?

its all good. i might post up some pics tommorrow mine are all in flower and lights are off but i wanna put some pics up of what ive got going..

My og ghost are doing great still 2 weeks in flower had to bump them to 1.0 ec but this stuff is fantastic also got some sensizyme couldt be happier atm.
There is no point in checking your ph btw.

For the burn yea thats why i was saying b4 i started lower at .7 ec and workd my way up to now 1.0 when i added the bigbud i did half str it was 1.2 with ro water the next day ec went to 1.3 so i put it back down to 1.0 no burn everything looking great im sure my lil An hater friend here will talk some more shit tho.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
theres not much more to be said. it works equally as good as the other base nutes. just more mls per litre and no ph worries.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Due to salt build up I have been watering with tap water that sits in the open for a few days so what ever can evaporate does.

New shoots are very light green and the plants are starting to need nitrogen again.

Feeding with just AN Sensi Grow Ph Perfect A+B for a few weeks with no additives.

Stuff is great and you don't need to ever follow the AN recommended concentrations, they are absurd and cause major nute burn. I just jumped from 5ml per gallon to 8.25 as I had 2 weeks of nothing but water.

Besides the plant that got broken in 2 spots everything is lookin purdy!

top of the day to ya ICMag

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Due to salt build up I have been watering with tap water that sits in the open for a few days so what ever can evaporate does.

New shoots are very light green and the plants are starting to need nitrogen again.

Feeding with just AN Sensi Grow Ph Perfect A+B for a few weeks with no additives.

Stuff is great and you don't need to ever follow the AN recommended concentrations, they are absurd and cause major nute burn. I just jumped from 5ml per gallon to 8.25 as I had 2 weeks of nothing but water.

Besides the plant that got broken in 2 spots everything is lookin purdy!

top of the day to ya ICMag

i use full concentration of the a and b plus some bigbud at full dose. i taper up from half dose of everything. i never get nute burn though

TURBD

I have noticed that with my non ph perfect. The b.
I haven't been storing em perfect though so that's what I thought was the issue.
I guess the solution would be to buy smaller bottles. Mine are getting on 2 years now.
Didn't use em for awhile. Maybe time for new ones.

Edit. Was on the wrong page. Not sure what I'm smoking bit it's working.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have noticed that with my non ph perfect. The b.
I haven't been storing em perfect though so that's what I thought was the issue.
I guess the solution would be to buy smaller bottles. Mine are getting on 2 years now.
Didn't use em for awhile. Maybe time for new ones.

Edit. Was on the wrong page. Not sure what I'm smoking bit it's working.

Can you provide a link to the thread TURBD? Always down to learn more about AN products!

knowboddy

We just have more haters than users of AN so there is little balance at the moment.

I don't think it's that there's more haters, I think they're just noisier.

Most people are quicker to say something nasty than they are to say something nice. You can usually count on anyone with anything bad to say to come right out and say it while for every person you hear say something nice there's probably a dozen or more people who also have something nice to say that they don't share.

It used to be that if you didn't have anything nice to say you didn't say anything. Now it's more the other way around.

^Remo's vid's are ads for AN but he is for real..actually uses AN and wins medical cups all the time. He last won the TY medical cup this year with his Blue Cheese entry.

Yep, and if I remember right he took second in this year's Kush Cup with his G13. He may work for AN, but the dude can GROW. Ever seen any of his videos where he demonstrates his rolling skills? Holy hell. I saw one just recently where he showed how to make a three-paper joint. Damn thing is more like a cigar. In-SANE.

In fact, let me see if I can find that one and link it.

Here:
http://www.urbangroweronline.com/videos/323/UG-71---How-To-Roll-A-Three-Paper-Joint

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure who I spoke with at AN, but that guy either doesn't like talking to his customers, or has no idea how to talk to his customers. Answered my questions but didn't really listen to my issues and try to help me.

Was told to follow their ph perfect calculator. I have to do some major scaling up if I am to use 15ml per gallon. Thats some heavy shit. Not flowering anytime soon to give the seedlings time to catch up and to scale up my feed to see if I can get it to 15ml per gallon and not get insane nute burn.

catalyte

Veteran
yes i will agree their customer service reps in the last year have been pretty bad. Like recorded messages... may as well just do an automated phone service if that is an acceptable level of customer service to them...

whatever tho... it's all up to the end user.. you can waste your money on this stuff or you can get great yields and healthy plants with it. :yes: i dont expect them to hold your hand while you do a grow....

T

TREE KING

Not sure who I spoke with at AN, but that guy either doesn't like talking to his customers, or has no idea how to talk to his customers. Answered my questions but didn't really listen to my issues and try to help me.

Was told to follow their ph perfect calculator. I have to do some major scaling up if I am to use 15ml per gallon. Thats some heavy shit. Not flowering anytime soon to give the seedlings time to catch up and to scale up my feed to see if I can get it to 15ml per gallon and not get insane nute burn.

get a ppm meter and figure out what strength nutes the plants want. never follow what the bottle says. the additives to nute ratios on the calc are correct though, 50% ml of additives to part a & b. for example 100 ml part a, 100 ml part b, 50 ml big bud, 50 ml bud candy and so on

TURBD

Can you provide a link to the thread TURBD? Always down to learn more about AN products!

It was the first page of this thread.
I really need to quit drinking so much.
Any updates on anyone's plants and how it's working out?
I am mostly interested in the ph perfect/coco experiences.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Vag and all...I been using the pH-P line for bout 2 sets now and its doin fine...Heres a post i just did the other day that was based on AN vs Lucas butt the info relates..
------
I run over 20 diff varieties on avr but I use AN, Botanicare, SuperNaturalBrand and a few other bits n tits...Its not what you use but how you use it and allot of ppl are saying this..Just matters what they have to use or pref to use or even are able to get locally..
If KISS is applied to AN it works great..My only uncertainty on AN is it does add a certain acrid dank tone that seems almost unnatural at times..Still its very clean to use if used lightly..and when ya add a lil organics and carbs..whooo...
hell atm I use a list of stuff in combinations..and love it..and it doesn't take that long to do at all..and I dont use any measuring devices either beside the cap to the bottles...or beside metering my nute bucket at times to ensure the amounts I give are consistent..simple enough..
My Tools atm for a PMix/coco base which is very Bio-Hydro is....
Main line nutes(macros) -
ANs pH-P Grow/Bloom A&B of both...
Overdrive, BudBlood, Carbo, BudCandy, molasses and raw sucanat..
I started using orig Sensi line first with similar results just switched to pH-Perfect cause I wanted to try it and not have to balance or check pH...to be honest tho I like the formula in te old Sensi line better than the pH-P line like the pH-P Bloom B is 2-4-8 which is high N for a back end bloom nute...and why I switch to ODrive..
----Nitro/micro or kelp-mineral boosters----
AN micro - for Micro its prob one of the best on the market for what Canna needs in mineral supplement..
AlaskanFishEmu - organic N boost
Maxicrop - great K booster

--Bloom pre-set and flower booster--
BudBlood
BudBlaster
BigBud or KoolBloom - don;t use it atm at all but have in exchange for other boosters..

----carbs and mineral----
CarboLoad
Sucanat
HiBrix

atm with the latest line up from AN Im trying now, Im getting bout the same as Im going for all the traits i want to see expressed from the plants...I am mixing lines and companies tho as other are...
but I can def bag on a few of AN's lines and in no way do I even use their feed charts....heh...
I go by pure plant response and I can show a ton of varieties under these lines...
We've used a few of their lines so heres my take..and this is with a good 4-5 ppl, diff methods and varieties so most were tested perty well and then if 1 guy didnt dig the results we'd pass the line to another who might get better or sometimes worse....Im sure others here work in groups who do a similar means of testing nute lines..
Iguana Juice wasn't bad far as growing but flav and end result lacked "things"....and it was one of the most $$ lines to use...
Same issue with their Connisour line but its a lil better on flav...we didnt test that allot tho...
Seen and had great results with the MotherEarth line...really nice results..can be tricky to use as its teas...
older Sensi line is good but we added a few extras..
FinalPhase seems like over kill...a good flush works just fine..
When I was talkin about An catering to Canna I just feel it seems to cause if you look at the ingredients their exactly what Canna wants..Specially in their micro which seems to be the only micro nute seriously based to work direct with canna...Look at its label..
BigBud is good but it can blow out buds if over used...HammerHead wan;t bad but its also a bit hot to use..and both are a bit to high$$ for what they do...
GH's micro is similar to ANs micro but I like the way ANs works better which could be that quality issue..
Im using their pH-P Grow and Bloom line but at times I still use a acid buffer so their pH perfect isn't exactly perfect here..
I dig their BudBlood for a pre-bloom and resin booster..
but also BudBlaster or OpenSesame works as well..
Im not diggin the B part of the pH-P line tho after mid bloom cause it is a bit heavy in N at a 2-4-8 npk....so I switch out to overdrive to finish..
Their carb products are a bit $$...the Budcandy tho is a combo of Sweetleaf and carbo or something like that so its not bad cause you get 2 + aminos and other goodies...kinda diggin the bud candy..
but also I do feel to much AN use gives this very mercial acrid afghan over tone in mainly smell during grow stages and sometimes late into bloom..Seems to fade out at flush n late bloom but I add some organics to help this weird part of it..This is not a horrible thing but same time I want true pungent tones and it can make some strains seem quite similar..
guess the thing is with AN is combining the right ones..
But theres my take on the pH-P line so far....
anyone got pics of plants here tho?....wheres the pudding?...
well everything here is pH-P and finished w overdrive...Ive got a ton more in my thread as its the main line in use atm on aprox 28 diff varieties...
FOE20

Attachments

• HKushfull1_10-16-12.jpg
    HKushfull1_10-16-12.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 9
  • FBSathead3_10-16-12.jpg
    FBSathead3_10-16-12.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 14
  • NewPups3_10-21-12.jpg
    NewPups3_10-21-12.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 12
  • Kahili12_10-21-12.jpg
    Kahili12_10-21-12.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 9
  • grow cab almost done. venting next
    grow cab almost done. venting next
    112.5 KB · Views: 33
  • UrkleHarv5_10-23-12.jpg
    UrkleHarv5_10-23-12.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 12
  • UrkleHarv2_10-23-12.jpg
    UrkleHarv2_10-23-12.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 11
  • UrkleHarv3_10-23-12.jpg
    UrkleHarv3_10-23-12.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 9
  • NLoverview2_10-27-12.jpg
    NLoverview2_10-27-12.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Mazhead1_10-16-12.jpg
    Mazhead1_10-16-12.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 10

decrimCA

hey Vag and all...I been using the pH-P line for bout 2 sets now and its doin fine...Heres a post i just did the other day that was based on AN vs Lucas butt the info relates..
------
I run over 20 diff varieties on avr but I use AN, Botanicare, SuperNaturalBrand and a few other bits n tits...Its not what you use but how you use it and allot of ppl are saying this..Just matters what they have to use or pref to use or even are able to get locally..
If KISS is applied to AN it works great..My only uncertainty on AN is it does add a certain acrid dank tone that seems almost unnatural at times..Still its very clean to use if used lightly..and when ya add a lil organics and carbs..whooo...
hell atm I use a list of stuff in combinations..and love it..and it doesn't take that long to do at all..and I dont use any measuring devices either beside the cap to the bottles...or beside metering my nute bucket at times to ensure the amounts I give are consistent..simple enough..
My Tools atm for a PMix/coco base which is very Bio-Hydro is....
Main line nutes(macros) -
ANs pH-P Grow/Bloom A&B of both...
Overdrive, BudBlood, Carbo, BudCandy, molasses and raw sucanat..
I started using orig Sensi line first with similar results just switched to pH-Perfect cause I wanted to try it and not have to balance or check pH...to be honest tho I like the formula in te old Sensi line better than the pH-P line like the pH-P Bloom B is 2-4-8 which is high N for a back end bloom nute...and why I switch to ODrive..
----Nitro/micro or kelp-mineral boosters----
AN micro - for Micro its prob one of the best on the market for what Canna needs in mineral supplement..
AlaskanFishEmu - organic N boost
Maxicrop - great K booster

--Bloom pre-set and flower booster--
BudBlood
BudBlaster
BigBud or KoolBloom - don;t use it atm at all but have in exchange for other boosters..

----carbs and mineral----
CarboLoad
Sucanat
HiBrix

atm with the latest line up from AN Im trying now, Im getting bout the same as Im going for all the traits i want to see expressed from the plants...I am mixing lines and companies tho as other are...
but I can def bag on a few of AN's lines and in no way do I even use their feed charts....heh...
I go by pure plant response and I can show a ton of varieties under these lines...
We've used a few of their lines so heres my take..and this is with a good 4-5 ppl, diff methods and varieties so most were tested perty well and then if 1 guy didnt dig the results we'd pass the line to another who might get better or sometimes worse....Im sure others here work in groups who do a similar means of testing nute lines..
Iguana Juice wasn't bad far as growing but flav and end result lacked "things"....and it was one of the most $$ lines to use...
Same issue with their Connisour line but its a lil better on flav...we didnt test that allot tho...
Seen and had great results with the MotherEarth line...really nice results..can be tricky to use as its teas...
older Sensi line is good but we added a few extras..
FinalPhase seems like over kill...a good flush works just fine..
When I was talkin about An catering to Canna I just feel it seems to cause if you look at the ingredients their exactly what Canna wants..Specially in their micro which seems to be the only micro nute seriously based to work direct with canna...Look at its label..
BigBud is good but it can blow out buds if over used...HammerHead wan;t bad but its also a bit hot to use..and both are a bit to high$$ for what they do...
GH's micro is similar to ANs micro but I like the way ANs works better which could be that quality issue..
Im using their pH-P Grow and Bloom line but at times I still use a acid buffer so their pH perfect isn't exactly perfect here..
I dig their BudBlood for a pre-bloom and resin booster..
but also BudBlaster or OpenSesame works as well..
Im not diggin the B part of the pH-P line tho after mid bloom cause it is a bit heavy in N at a 2-4-8 npk....so I switch out to overdrive to finish..
Their carb products are a bit $$...the Budcandy tho is a combo of Sweetleaf and carbo or something like that so its not bad cause you get 2 + aminos and other goodies...kinda diggin the bud candy..
but also I do feel to much AN use gives this very mercial acrid afghan over tone in mainly smell during grow stages and sometimes late into bloom..Seems to fade out at flush n late bloom but I add some organics to help this weird part of it..This is not a horrible thing but same time I want true pungent tones and it can make some strains seem quite similar..
guess the thing is with AN is combining the right ones..
But theres my take on the pH-P line so far....
anyone got pics of plants here tho?....wheres the pudding?...
well everything here is pH-P and finished w overdrive...Ive got a ton more in my thread as its the main line in use atm on aprox 28 diff varieties...
FOE20

Thanks for passing on real information about using AN's pH Perfect nutrients. It's way more helpful than folks that say it's good or bad. I love seeing the real results.

decrimCA

PS -

Personally, I love Bud Candy from AN. Really boosts stuff for me. I've had nothing but bad luck when I've used molasses. Just doesn't seem to be meant for growing.

my two cents.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
PS -

Personally, I love Bud Candy from AN. Really boosts stuff for me. I've had nothing but bad luck when I've used molasses. Just doesn't seem to be meant for growing.

my two cents.

Have a grow on here to show results?
And what have you tried other than Molasses that keeps you with Bud Candy?

Are you a full line user? or just some additives or just the base?

Any advice or input regarding Advanced Nutrients anything.

appreciate it

Latest posts

Latest posts