What's new

Advanced Nutrients, Love it or Hate it, State your claim!

B

Bud Bug

Ok. There are some other shady companies. AN is just the shadiest... They are. Hands down. Who's the second shadiest? 3rd. Know what? Ima do a poll in these here subforums called mirror mirror on the wall, who is the shadiest fert co of them all? Please feel free to cast your vote!

Well I'd say Dutch master is the shadiest when it comes to using questionable chemicals/hormones in their products. Big Bud/Phosphoload

As for AN the only products that I heard of having something not kosher was Juicy Roots. If the fat guy would just shut the fuck up with his stupid and border line slanderous videos they wouldn't have such a bad image well not having a stable product line (in always changing) doesn't help either.

I'm about to do a LED/HID shoot out with their Stealth Grow so we'll see, actually this is not against Advanced but trying to put the LED manufacturer claims to a test, at least for myself. 1000W equivalent my ass, hopefully it works out.

couchlockd

there is no way i can pm anybody. i dont have enough fucking posts to do it tohigh, i am on the verge of things not good at all. like broken fucking computer and beating the dog for no damn reason cuzz of these plants. i wish i were able to find big mike and id stick a fucking 1911 in his mouth and pull the damn trigger.

tohigh please help me i need help im reaching out to you. i cant pm or get pm's so visitor messages are the only way unless i start a thread just for you and i to get started or something. what do you recomend.

skunktoker

Ok. There are some other shady companies. AN is just the shadiest... They are. Hands down. Who's the second shadiest? 3rd. Know what? Ima do a poll in these here subforums called mirror mirror on the wall, who is the shadiest fert co of them all? Please feel free to cast your vote!

And I would vote for all the above THMF cause as I stated im sure thier all shady to a point...I will continue to buy the nutes I like regardless of all the bad hype or propaganda I wont get in to bashing other nute companies Im sure thier doing whats best for them to make money ...shady or not I like AN also I like other companies on that list aswell...and after all in many aspects even tho this plant is what we all love and respect for all its properties anything illegal in most states will always come with shady tendacies from all ends of the spectrum I dont care truly I just love growing and have loved growing now for over 30 years and I truly love this plant....regardless of what nute I decide to buy to feed them with........ST

G

Guest 18340

Please keep it private. This thread needs some serious cleanup E2.
Agreed.
couchlokd, I can't let you jack the thread. Also, some things need to be kept private.
Start a new thread asking for help, I'm sure our resident Mentor will be more than happy to help there.
Sorry to have to delete all those posts:ying:

Last edited:
J

JoeRogan420

In the beginning I used the AN 3 part,along with their Big Bud, Bud Blood and Liquid Carboload (I was advised by the friendly man at the hydro store that they were the best). The recipe sucks, I burned the fuck out of them using the instructions on the bottle (I now understand that half strength is generally the way to go with all nutes, please correct me if this is flawed thinking).

Carboload caused major slime issues, which I now understand was likely due to reservoir temperature, it would have been nice if the bottle could have warned me about that, or at least the guy at the store. Smoke was kind of harsh, but that's on me, should have flushed longer.

I also have used the Iguana Juice (in soil), it was very user-friendly and resulted in a nice yielding and very tasty harvest. I really can't say anything bad about it, other than their claims of saying its odorless are complete bullshit, it totally smells like diseased twat.

I have a friend who used the Heavy Harvest only once, and after the experience of tasting what totally polluted cannabis tasted like he now will never use anything other than an organic product. He also is a fan of the Iguana Juice.

I found most of the 3 part nutes generally to be in the same price range regardless of brand at the store I would frequent, I have now switched to doing things organically and get my nutrient needs met mostly by greenhouse supply stores which has saved me a lot of money. Nothing against hydro, but it's just not for me.

Toohigh, love the avatar, new season starts soon!

Last edited:

mikeross

I have been extremely happy running Advance nutes in my MPB room. Currently running sensi a+b, budblood, big bud, and overdrive. Also run house and garden roots excel, algen, drip clean and multizyme.

House and garden just rocks and are spot on. AD runs a little hot. I am a noob but have never burned my plants. The mix rates are just a baseline to jump up or down from. You should be slowing upping the nutes ever week by about 100. If you are slowly doing this you shouldnt be burning your plants.

surphin

That site takes a shit on a lot of products.... and i like it!
Holy crap does it ever! Anybody read the write-up for flower dragon in there? Pretty interesting that the author managed to link flower dragon back to the maker(s) of superbud.

tester

There was a cannabis expo in Wien, Europe, most of the fertilizer companies were there. When I was walking among the stands, I heard "organic" everywhere, it was like a magic word, repeated over and over.
Sales persons were aproaching me with small satchets or little bottles of fertilizers:
"Hello there, have you tried our new, completely organic fertilizer?"

One of these were atami bloombastic, derived from:
potassium phosphate
potassium hydroxide
phosophoric acid
iron EDTA
phosphorus Pentaoxide
clay

None of these are organic, not even clay.

A while ago the organic trick was urea, if the fertilizer contained urea, they could say it's organic. Urea is synthetic, man-made, but it's organic too..
I think there is no regulatoin in Europe on the word organic regarding fertilizers, it's just a word, anybody can use it on anything, exept on food, that is regulated by the law.

Anyway, every fertilizer solution will be a ripoff as long as there is no research behind it. Anyone can mix some salts, add a lot of water, then sell it as MJ fertilizer.
The composition have to be based on research, which has to be documented and available to anyone, so there is some proof it's not just a telltale.

To stay ontopic lets compare the new AN formula with the old one.
There was a change in their fertilizers composition and their schedules changed to.

Please spend some time looking at these diagrams.

The top two in the middle tells about macroelements(ppm) by week.

N:p:K ratios are not even close, they completely changed their formula.

AN (GMB) NEW Veg -vs.- AN (GMB) OLD Veg
AN_(gmb)_NEW_Veg_-_AN_(gmb)_OLD_veg.jpg

Flowering formula, new vs. old.
AN_(gmb)_NEW_Flo_-_AN_(gmb)_OLD_Medium_Flo_.jpg

The only research I've seen from AN was a simple leaf analysis in 2003.
http://www.growersunderground.com/PhosphorusMyth.pdf

After 6 years, in 2009, Big Mike comes out with this research, saying this is the proof that Phophorus is overprovided. He is right, but this leaf analysis proves nothing.

Now compare the levels of Phosphorus in their old and their new formula.
They raised the level of P by 106. This is only the average, the biggest difference is 159 P at week six.

The recommended level of P in a nutrient solution for any plant is 50-100.
In the new formula, there is 183-226 P.
Nutrient_Solution_Composition_chart.jpg

mullray

Based on the Integral Hydroponics site, AN are providing more Phosphorous in flower than Canna. Let's face it I think most people know that fat Mike is a lying sociopath and would say anything to sell his product. It's good to see people putting up the lab work. The Integral Hydroponics site demonstrate this too. ANs nutrients have completely changed. I tried posting it in but the tables broke up and it was near impossible to read so I'll link to the page. http://www.integralhydro.com/USANanalysis.html

mullray

TooHigh - respect.

Number 1. Dutchmaster only because of the Superbud shit they sold to us. Dutchmaster are true pond scum much like the bikie club they are linked to

Number 2. AN comes a close second but at least they never released a poison and sold it as organic - on the other hand they have definitely spread more misinformation than any other company

Number 3. Most of the rest but to be fair there are some decent companies out there. Oh yeah after reading about Flower Dragon I should say Envy Plant Products are number 3 but then the person behind it is ex Dutchmaster so I guess that's Envy Plant Products and Dutchmaster as number 1.

That's my vote....

toohighmf

Veteran
While DM is fucked up for using paco, nobody bats an eyelash to humboldt county's own gravity which contains the shit too.. That and kelp.. And people pay for this poison and seaweed...

mullray

While DM is fucked up for using paco, nobody bats an eyelash to humboldt county's own gravity which contains the shit too.. That and kelp.. And people pay for this poison and seaweed...

Yep. Only it wasn't paclo that was the issue in Superbud. If you read the Integral Hydroponics piece Superbud is full of Alar. Of course there's also Paclo in Superbud. 2 poisons plus select rare earth elements:) http://www.integralhydro.com/plantgrowthregulators.html

Thank you for this link, Their annalysis on Sensi Bloom NAILS the deficiency problems I am seeing with Sour Diesel on it as a stand alone right now. This also backs up their need to add a bloom booster AND calmag+ to their Sensi to make it just work right in Hydro, as well as to PH it to different than they spec to make it work.

So.. that said I'll share my advanced nute story.

I bought their Sensi Bloom, B-52, Voodoo, Bud Candy, Kushie Kush, Overdrive and Pirahna w/ Hygrozyme and ran that my last run in DWC. TOTAL FAIL! My Hindu Kush strain I have always grown with botanicare failed to yield what I did usually per lamp. Comparatively, the Botanicare buds (which used big bud instead of hydroplex, but was a full pureblend pro run) were dense as hell. Advanced caused hermaphrodites, burned leaf tips, loose and undeveloped buds, extended bloom time. Ph swings which were not manageable by ph up and down, which has NEVER happened to me. This could have been the system, but I suspect not since I copied Teresa's Tree system.

I lost my ass on advanced. My blooms jumped from 55 days to 75 days, and my product hermied. I was able to pull it before seeds formed, but It tastes like crap, is harsh as hell and burns black ash.

Botanicare was sweet lemony hash with a hint of skunk when you snapped the stems. Full tasting, high lasted 2x as long, 2x as intense.

Advanced also changed their nutrient calculator on me during the grow. They decided to market some new PH perfect crap and changed out their nute calc on my week 2 of bloom, so since I didn't save a copy of the nute calc I was using, I LOST THAT ABILITY TO USE IT.

SO i had to fly by the wire. I called technical support and they were not helpful and told me to use the old products at the 4ml/L base and additives all at 2ml/L. When I mixed that up, the PPM was over 2000.. So I had to take that and dilute it almost 25%. So I decided to just follow the bottles and nothing worked right.

Also. I have bought two different bottles of Bud Candy. One was thick, nice and sweet smelling. The next bottle was clear, smelled like water and was not thick at all. Product consistency on that one SUCKS. I'd expect a $40 bottle of molasses to have some better quality for crying out loud.

My bottle of B-52 went bad after one grow. I have big rocks on the bottom of the bottle. It also smells like rotten eggs now with that same superthrive burn, but not the same product.

Voodoo juice does not perform as well as Aquashield. Flat out. And Aquashield is 1/8th the cost. Aquashield is also user friendly, and can be added in to the res every few days. I also am concerned that the bacteria that advanced forces on people in hydro do not have any advantage really. Bactillus subtillus and a few others will thrive, but not the full complexity they suggest. I'm not a mycologist, but the 6 bacteria in Aquashield seem to do more than voodoo and piranha combined in hydro. I'll say they will most likely work better in soil

Really... Have you seen an advanced grow on their employee hosted Urban Gardener show that is not Sunshine #4 and a full line? I think their line is NOT designed for hydro, sorry to burst your bubble hydro growers.

The paper there backs up the reasons why my grow failed with advanced. N source is low quality urea, and HEAVY on it as well which holds back flowering. The base Nute has not enough P, and not enough Cal. This explains EVERYTHING..

Switching.. oh so switching.

I feel like Hitler in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rqGzkqHneg

pokergod

AN do have some nice products, I just don't like how they jacked the prices on supplements by 40%, I guess someone has to pay for the advertising, hummers, girls, parties, lol. I watched the clip where Big Mike recommends H&Gs Roots excel, over Jump Start, and made sure to tell everyone that it was hormone based (roots excel) unlike Voodoo Juice which is made up of microbes, at first I thought, there is a good guy, recommending another companies products, later on, the cynical side of me thought, is he just trying to protect his sales of voodoo juice, because its all about root growth, it don't matter if one product is made up of microbes and another hormones, what matters is what product grows roots better. So big Mike is throwing his $20/liter jump start out, to protect his sales of $80/liter voodoo juice. Am I being cynical, because that is how I see it.

Latest posts

Latest posts