What's new

adding sugar???

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
nightcrawler said:
Would you use sugar for seedlings?
seedlings of mine get fed 1/2 strength dossage when 1st set of 3 finger leaves are out and 2nd almost. i feed every other watering i use

liquide karma 1 tsp per gal water
diamond necture 1 tsp per gal water
sweet 1 tsp per gal water
pbp grow 1/2 tsp per gal water
seaweed extract 1/2 tsp per gal water
the above is for seedlings from 1st set of 3 finger leaves untill 4-5th set of leaves then they get

liquide karma 20ml per gal water
diamond necture 20ml per gal water
sweet 20ml per gal water
pbp grow 1 tsp per gal water
seaweed extract 1 tsp per gal water.
when i flower i use all above ferts the pbp and seaweed extract are kept 1stp per gal water untill end of 2nd wk of 12/12. then i drop them 1 and add indoneasion guano along with the rest of above ferts. :headbange

liquide karma 1 tsp per gal water
diamond necture 1 tsp per gal water
sweet 1 tsp per gal water
pbp grow 1/2 tsp per gal water
seaweed extract 1/2 tsp per gal water
the above is for seedlings from 1st set of 3 finger leaves untill 4-5th set of leaves then they get

So your using all those ingredients all at the same time? So if i have a gal of water i would use all those in the same container? Isnt that over doing it... Is there a noticeable difference at the end?

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I found out about adding sugar as plant food on the radio years ago. The idea is that if you have a plant that's slow to flower in the garden, feeding sugar water will help make up any sugar shortage the plant might have. So if you're plant isn;t flowering, it may be producing enough sugar.

The only warning I have is that if you mix up a batch of sugar water and try to store it, it can mold. Therefore you would only mix up enough for one watering and toss the leftovers.

4 tbls per gallon might be a bit much for most. at the time i was using all raw organic teas for nutrients. my beni bac levels were huge. with all the feeding going and added humic acid they had amazing levels for uptake.

Americangrower

Veteran
So does any1 know for sure if the plant uses only sugar from cane ...

I find it hard to believe that refined sugar from corn would be any different to the plant..

I thought I read somewhere that corn syrup was just as good as molasses.. :rasta: :wave:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Molasses is normally made from Sugar cane or Sugar Beet.

What does Molasses do and why use it over other sugar products?

Because it's cheap, abundant and it possesses a superior ability as a chelating agent. Chelants bind essential minerals and nutrients from the soil to their own molecules, in this case it's a polysaccharide (complex sugar) binding metal ions from the soil. As the sugars are actively taken up and used by Cannabis they also transport Magnesium, Calcium, Sodium, Potassium, Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper, and Molybdenum into the plant.

So adding a form of sugar boosts your plants energy as well as delivering essential mineral ions. Using Molasses as an additive throughout your whole grow will help ensure healthier plants when combined with a good fertilising regime.

Last edited:

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
the darker the sugar, the more complex the carbs. molasses or sucanat. i use both. i toss the sucanat into my compost tea brewer and i swear its almost instantanious the foam grows huge. the microherd goes nuts for that stuff.

too much will promote too much bacteria which will outcompete the fungi and the tea will be unbalanced. just add 1 tbs gal. the plant can only process so much sugar at one period so adding any more will prove futile, and draw ants.

1tbs gal.... dont waste it, it gets expensive.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Woody Creek said:
WHERE'S THE THREE LITTLE BIRDS????????
"They're at my doorstep. Singing sweet songs. A melody pure and true. Singing, this is my message to you, who, who."
Seriously though. What ever happened to 3LB? They did some sweet growlogs...

Latest posts

Latest posts