What's new

Addicted to Coca-Cola..is this possible?

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Addiction is all in your head, you believe your addicted you will be,
Take responsibility for yourselves and just go fuck it i give this "bad" shit up.
Just be smart, i quit drinking coke if i do its maybe 1-2 times a week,
I dont drink alcohol anymore, never smoked ciggies, just the odd i think im cool puff when i was 12-13,
Quit eating Mcdonalds, burger king, KFC, and majority of fast foods,
Your body will be better off not eating/drinking all those fucking chemicals that we are marketed, which inturn also fuck with our body and slow it down.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pink Grapefruit Juice :friends:

(few added shots of Patron optional!) :biggrin:

Duplicate

Did someone say Coke?

Did someone say Coke?

Abstract Top
Background
Refined sugars (e.g., sucrose, fructose) were absent in the diet of most people until very recently in human history. Today overconsumption of diets rich in sugars contributes together with other factors to drive the current obesity epidemic. Overconsumption of sugar-dense foods or beverages is initially motivated by the pleasure of sweet taste and is often compared to drug addiction. Though there are many biological commonalities between sweetened diets and drugs of abuse, the addictive potential of the former relative to the latter is currently unknown.

Methodology/Principal findings
Here we report that when rats were allowed to choose mutually-exclusively between water sweetened with saccharin–an intense calorie-free sweetener–and intravenous cocaine–a highly addictive and harmful substance–the large majority of animals (94%) preferred the sweet taste of saccharin. The preference for saccharin was not attributable to its unnatural ability to induce sweetness without calories because the same preference was also observed with sucrose, a natural sugar. Finally, the preference for saccharin was not surmountable by increasing doses of cocaine and was observed despite either cocaine intoxication, sensitization or intake escalation–the latter being a hallmark of drug addiction.

Conclusions
Our findings clearly demonstrate that intense sweetness can surpass cocaine reward, even in drug-sensitized and -addicted individuals. We speculate that the addictive potential of intense sweetness results from an inborn hypersensitivity to sweet tastants. In most mammals, including rats and humans, sweet receptors evolved in ancestral environments poor in sugars and are thus not adapted to high concentrations of sweet tastants. The supranormal stimulation of these receptors by sugar-rich diets, such as those now widely available in modern societies, would generate a supranormal reward signal in the brain, with the potential to override self-control mechanisms and thus to lead to addiction.

Source: http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0000698

Of course mice aren't men but something to consider.

THC4SIM

Its outta hand with some of you guys!!! lol
i struggle to drink a full can...

think i have a milk addiction tho! musta been from when i was young....

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Given that the base of the drink is sweetened coca that has had the cocaine 'removed' (I wonder what they do with that?), the other alkaloids present will give a cocaine addiction trigger in your brain

The caffeine present is also addictive ..... quite what the phosphoric acid is supposed to do I have no idea but it sure frees up rusty piston rings

Coca Cola is a product, it's sole aim is to get you to want more ... "Coke refreshes you best" etc, etc ... no where does it say it actually puts water into your body, the diuretic effects of the caffeine will actually dehydrate you more

Look at the money they put into advertising the shit:moon:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I kicked the coke habit a couple o years back, cold turkey :)
Used to drink like a liter of that shit daily, replaced it with tea and honey. Considerably slimmer these days, and all that damn caffeine and peeing* all the time ain't messing up my sleep. :) I still do drink the occasional coke tho, Dr. Pepper if available, but i don't miss my days as a daily cokehead one bit.

Anybody quitting coke, i'm with you broskis! If i could do it, so can you! Woo woo!

*Don't worry, i got up for the toilet every time!

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I had a simillar experience with Pepsi...still crave it. Would personally go through a 24 pack of cans in 2-3 days.

Now I drink mostly coffee and peach iced tea (from a mix).

I lost a lot of weight though.

When ever I am out and about though I sometimes get a soda for a treat.

minds_I

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
saw some video of a lecture saying the HFCS in the coke breaks down in your liver (metabolizes) into the same thing alcohol does, so all you coke 'addicts' are alcoholics!
and all addictions are 'in your head', this is the new definition of 'addiction' from the American Society of Addiction Medicine...

http://www.asam.org/DefinitionofAddiction-LongVersion.html

so reward yourself with another coca~cola, you're not addicted, you were born that way!

oh yeah, sixer a day habit until 3 years ago.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: Addicted to Coca-Cola..is this possible?

Fuck you bitches ima chug a coke and go to bed

clípz

Addiction is all in your head, you believe your addicted you will be,
Take responsibility for yourselves and just go fuck it i give this "bad" shit up.

Im the same i believe its just in my head.
have been going through a Cocaine addiction 2 years ago and just one night i said to myself im never going to do it again. And i never touched since, but on the other hand i started to smoke Cigarettes right after.
Which now im putting down just a week ago and i dont feel any withdraw but my girlfriend that i live with have a huge withdraw from not smoking cigarettes.

Sorry for a bit off topic. :off2:

Latest posts

Latest posts