What's new

Addicted to Coca-Cola..is this possible?

supermanlives

Veteran
i quit both kinds of coke long ago. the old coke was great as a kid .after they reformulated it . i was done. i used to drink alot of those bottles as a kid.

dwtc

i used to be addicted to mellow yellow then went on to mountain dew, now if i drink any of those my stomach cramps up. i like coke cola but only with some jack( shits like nectar). RED BULL on the other hand is my vise. i have to try really hard not to drink more than 2 of the big cans each day,,,,,,,,,i'm addicted

on a side note,,,, did you know that coke cola will dissolve battery acid off of you terminals? that cant be good for the body,,,,,,,,,,,,any whoo stay safe everyone and stay off the real gate way drug,,,,,,,,,,,,,caffeine it will make you smoke pot,,,,,,,,,,lol

stay safe and free,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dwtc

Manijahtor

theres no addictive sustance per se, it depends on personality.. you could be addicted to anything really.
theres no such thing as bad sustances, only bad consumers.
if you drink 2 litres of coca-cola a day, just make shure to wash your teeth regularly, otherwise youll end up with gummy teeth lol.

u guys need to get off the sauce, I lost like 20lbs after like 3 weeks of not eating fast food of drinking soft drinks, and dont drink diet ones either that aspertame will kill a motha fucka too!!!!
stay healthy lads, MM

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hate to be the one to break the news here but it's not the caffeine and it's not the sugar guys, they STILL use coca leafs to flavor the Coca cola even though they have the cocaine removed beforehand. Don't believe me then research it yourself it's the truth and there are alot more addictive related alkaloids than just cocaine in those leafs that give it the distinctive flavor that makes everyone choose it over pepsi for that exact reason. It is a psychological and chemical addiction I am afraid.

You are not addicted to the drink itself but rather the trace stimulants in there that come from the coca plant plain and simple. This is another big pharma scam that people have been lied to about from Coca Cola company that is why they are so big & powerful with so much money because they are legal drug dealers and you are hooked whether you like it or not and that's why the still use the coca leafs to "flavor" the drink. Withdrawal from Coca cola is a very painfull process and take quite a bit of time so it's better to not go cold turkey but cut back gradually and replace the caffeine intake with strong black tea sweetened with raw honey which is very healthy compared to the addictive sugary alternative. :tiphat:

Much love. :joint:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coca — cocaine

Pemberton called for five ounces of coca leaf per gallon of syrup, a significant dose; in 1891, Candler claimed his formula (altered extensively from Pemberton's original) contained only a tenth of this amount. Coca-Cola did once contain an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass, but in 1903 it was removed.[28] Coca-Cola still contains coca flavoring.

After 1904, instead of using fresh leaves, Coca-Cola started using "spent" leaves — the leftovers of the cocaine-extraction process with cocaine trace levels left over at a molecular level. [29] To this day, Coca-Cola uses as an ingredient a cocaine-free coca leaf extract prepared at a Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey.

In the United States, the Stepan Company is the only manufacturing plant authorized by the Federal Government to import and process the coca plant,[30] which it obtains mainly from Peru and, to a lesser extent, Bolivia. Besides producing the coca flavoring agent for Coca-Cola, the Stepan Company extracts cocaine from the coca leaves, which it sells to Mallinckrodt, a St. Louis, Missouri pharmaceutical manufacturer that is the only company in the United States licensed to purify cocaine for medicinal use.[31]

Kola nuts — caffeine

Kola nuts act as a flavoring and the source of caffeine in Coca-Cola. In Britain, for example, the ingredient label states "Flavourings (Including Caffeine)."[32] Kola nuts contain about 2 percent to 3.5 percent caffeine, are of bitter flavor and are commonly used in cola soft drinks. In 1911, the U.S. government initiated United States v. Forty Barrels and Twenty Kegs of Coca-Cola, hoping to force Coca-Cola to remove caffeine from its formula. The case was decided in favor of Coca-Cola. Subsequently, in 1912 the U.S. Pure Food and Drug Act was amended, adding caffeine to the list of "habit-forming" and "deleterious" substances which must be listed on a product's label.

Coca-Cola contains 46 mg of caffeine per 12 fluid ounces (12.9 mg per 100 ml).[33]

Besides cocaine, the coca leaf contains a number of other alkaloids, including methylecgonine cinnamate, benzoylecgonine, truxilline, hydroxytropacocaine, tropacocaine, ecgonine, cuscohygrine, dihydrocuscohygrine, nicotine and hygrine. When chewed, coca acts as a mild stimulant and suppresses hunger, thirst, pain, and fatigue.

How many people wanna bet some of those are still present in Coca cola and also addictive?

:smoke out:

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
son of a bitch...i still can't believe they use some form of coca leaves in the current formula..but alas they do .......i must be getting boosted ,just enough to keep me on the hook...thanks for sharing that info Sotf..

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mother kicks Diet Coke addiction after drinking an astonishing SEVEN PINTS a day for ten years

Drank 14 two-litre bottles every week for ten years
'I'd have one coffee in the morning and nothing else to drink but diet cola for the rest of the day. I was always thirsty'
Love of fizzy drink cost Claire Ayton £1,300 each year

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2047349/Claire-Ayton-kicks-Coke-habit-Diet-Cola-7-pint-DAY-addiction.html#ixzz1cbSbnfkC

And as some people have already said it the is the caffeine you are addicted too. You will get slight head aches when trying to quit. Even your tea has caffeine.

I've seen more than a few people flip out over not getting coffee in the morning...

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Slight headaches? No dude I had full on kick your ass feel like shit withdrawal symptoms when I got off Coca Cola lol that shit is no joke people and it's not just the caffeine trust me because I can go without caffeine but this was way different. Caffeine is not all that bad for you anyways in moderation it's the shitload of highly acidic & corrosive corn syrup filled water with various coca leaf aklaloid leftovers to keep the masses hooked on the poison. Fuck that shit, I say we need to be flavoring it Cannabis leafs instead of coca leafs! :good: :tiphat: Then it might actually be semi-good for you. :canabis:

You bet there addictive and cause thousands of dollars in damage to your teeth. I just had my 2nd root canal done and a filling today. I had another root canal last wk. And the wk before I had 4 extractions. I was drinking a 12pk(can) a day. Did you know that 12oz can has 39 GRAMS OF SUGAR. My insurance covered most of the cost but I still had to pay $2300 co-pay. Imo coca cola should put disclaimers or pictures of the damage abusing them cause similar to cigs. because most folks are unaware of the problems you will have drinking them.

Lung.Butter

I hadn't drunk any Coke in at least 10 years, i had a sip of someones can the other day just to see as i kinda forgot what it taste like. It's very similar to how i'd imagine just drinking liquid sugar would be like, pretty disgusting.

It really does taste like it would be really bad for you, foul shit. Also i hate caffeine with a passion, makes me tweak out.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a old bet ,called 6 cokes and snicker.....Bet anyone $100 or whatever amount of money.That they can't drink 6 cans of coke,and eat a snickers bar in 45 minutes....Its a winnable bet ,cause after they get to around 3 or 4 max...they begin to geiser,,The body can't handle that much carbonation and sugar ,in that time period.

C

Classy@Home

I am a Coke head - addicted to collecting Coke things.

Old bottle, carrying trays, cork lined caps, signs, clocks, toys, ads...

One day I'm gonna have a room filled w/ my acquisitions - but for now they are scattered all over my house...

I also only drink Coke pop - but I rarely buy it. It's a special treat for me, people give me Coke for my B'day, xmas, etc...