What's new

Addicted to buying seeds

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Sorry friend you don't count at least your addiction pays the bills, the rest of us are on the other side of the fence!

Haha, well that's an assumption... one that's not quite right. I take in more than I spend on seeds, that much is true, but what I take in doesn't even come close to my outlay on R&D.

I too have a Mrs. that isn't pleased at how much I spend on cannabis, from seed counters, cleaners, in-house GC-FID, analytical standards, techs, etc etc. After all is said and done, I'm perpetually in the red my friend. A quick google search will show I only operate with 2 banks currently, and neither have stocked up in over 8 months. The seed market is saturated. Maybe I need to become more of a salesman and focus less time trying to understand and improve the plant?

Good thing I have a real job that pays the bills, or I'd be on the street pushing my GC and seed fridge around in a shopping cart!

Betterhaff

Veteran
I wish I could find some of those old school red bud seeds.
too bad you didn't keep some...
what was the cross?? panama red x something or Columbian red x something??
Have to ask the Colombian that grew them. These were seeds saved from Colombian red bud from those days.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i,m pleased to say i haven't looked at a seed bank in over 12 mths , now i,ve finely found couple new strains i like , i,ll just keep trying to improve them to my liking . used to spend 10k + a year probably . hours and hours of lost time on the computer searching every seed bank , stalking my favourites several times a day .lol having a friend pm you tell you about a new seed bank and get big rush of adeline .pml

certainly don't miss the days /years .........

@ chimera , i,ve seen a pic of a part of your grow , omg and you aren't paying the bills , fucking cola,s as far as the eye can see :)

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I work with med patients; there is no honour is profiting from the sick!

Glad to see you 'in recovery' baked beanz! What do you do with that redirected 10K? Inspire us.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

well there,s def honour in helping others ,

the money i save gets directed in making my grow better i guess , but to be honest i couldn't really say . lol cause i,m trying to make my grows better regardless of extra funds or not :)

i live too , pop the seed i,ve made and find more special plants :) now .

Last edited:

corky1968

Veteran
I was hoping to have my seed whoring addiction under control. :moon:

But I saw 3 nice types that I may have get later on. :biggrin:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Seed Whore No More - In Recovery!!!

Seed Whore No More - In Recovery!!!

:laughing:The problem seems to be under control, FINALLY!!!

I needed to start thinking about fireing up the old tent as temps are starting to fall and a new indoor grow is feasible.

I successfully resisted the urge to indulge the compulsion and entered The Vault instead.

It was a difficult choice but I germed some really old stuff, half hoping nothing would pop and I'd have an excuse to buy new stuff.;)

...... didn't work out, all 25 of the Joey Weed seeds popped in 12 hrs., were very vigorous and 22 are thriving in soil (C99 X A11, A11, Blue Widow and Blue Apollo)!!!!

So for the next 4 months I won't have room for anything new, my tent will be bursting at the seams and I'll have enough extra females to do a lil closet hacking!

Feels real good, especially knowing the seeds had already been paid for and the expense justified, not wasted!:tiphat:

St. Phatty

My American Express is up to $1200 for the month ... that's about my limit.

I wanted to try buying some seeds from Herbie's.

If nothing else, another go-around with Romberry (I bought it from BCGA back in the 00's, and from the Tude more recently, TWICE ... still looking for a male ... I love Romberry).

Another go-around with Purple Trainwreck would be nice.

FireIn.TheSky

Haha, well that's an assumption... one that's not quite right. I take in more than I spend on seeds, that much is true, but what I take in doesn't even come close to my outlay on R&D.

I too have a Mrs. that isn't pleased at how much I spend on cannabis, from seed counters, cleaners, in-house GC-FID, analytical standards, techs, etc etc. After all is said and done, I'm perpetually in the red my friend. A quick google search will show I only operate with 2 banks currently, and neither have stocked up in over 8 months. The seed market is saturated. Maybe I need to become more of a salesman and focus less time trying to understand and improve the plant?

Good thing I have a real job that pays the bills, or I'd be on the street pushing my GC and seed fridge around in a shopping cart!

If you want to make the big money first you need to start referring to yourself as the king of....

Take out a few full page ads in High Times

And before you know it people will be throwing money at you to buy color coded bird seed.

Thats how the biggest seed ballers do it.

Hype and advertising sells seeds, you can have the best seeds in the world, but if no one knows about them or they cant find them anywhere it will be a tough sell.

There seems to be 3 paradigms at play here, 1 get as many seeds out to as many vendors as possible and sell for a reasonable price, or two do very limited, highly hyped, boutique strains, maintain reasonable scarcity and sell a very small amount of seed for very high prices, three; mass produce, mass market and sell for a song, quality doesn't even count if the price is right.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
There seems to be 3 paradigms at play here, 1 get as many seeds out to as many vendors as possible and sell for a reasonable price, or two do very limited, highly hyped, boutique strains, maintain reasonable scarcity and sell a very small amount of seed for very high prices, three; mass produce, mass market and sell for a song, quality doesn't even count if the price is right.

Nailed it

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Hype and advertising sells seeds, you can have the best seeds in the world, but if no one knows about them or they cant find them anywhere it will be a tough sell.

:laughing: .... and don't forget the early online tester 'friends' giving rave reviews (and they always do!;) ), that's always a big factor in keeping the momentum going!:tiphat:

T

Timm

Seed junkie checking in. Been pretty bad recently I've spent stacks on relentless, exotic genetix, karma, archive, top dawg and lady sativa with no plans of stopping anytime soon

But I love it though, better than wasting my money on coke and hookers ;)

mule420

I'm a seed junkie... Spent way to much at a place in the mitten state last week 5 bills+...

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes it's a vicious circle, more leads to more.
It's like heroin, but not as destructive.
Ooooh that feeling when the long awaited box/ envelope arrives ;-)
It's even worse here on my end: I do so little numbers and only for myself, it takes ages to go through a regular pack of seeds.
It's like being very hungry and then not being able to eat more after the first bite, but still have an enormous craving :-(

MORE MORE MORE

Latest posts

Latest posts