What's new

Acouple lights, a couple tents, and organic soil

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is HPS tent one which will be six weeks old on 1/1/2013...These no till soil beds are total kicking ass and take the simple water only soil too another level of simplicity. There is worms living in these bins too which the plants really seem to like.

These plants are literally right up against the cooltube. I have it raised up for the photos now but the penetration just seems to rock. These plants were topped and trained with a vertical chicken wire fence. I try different training methods with different tents to see what works and what doesnt.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
And here is HPS tent three which will be three weeks on on 1/1/2013. This will be the first run with this 400w HPS light.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is the veg department. The plants in the back row which are six week into veg, are going into HPS tent two on 1/1/13......a perpetual cycle gets very very repetitive as you can see.....the plants in the front row are ending wk 3 on 1/1/2013 and will be transplanted into larger pots and be moved to the back for their final three weeks of veg. The last two pics are of my new strain Great white shark which will replace the strawberry diesel. Supposed to be real kick ass with a short flower time.

T

TribalSeeds

Are all of these tents in one room?
How are you running the exhaust or cooling/heating dehumidifier setup?

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Two nice nug shafts I took down today. Combined they both weighed about 123g wet so I am hoping a solid 1-1.5 oz dry for the two tiny little plants that were used to fill empty space.

And the last three are the new bin. They are starting to have nasty worm sex as you can see from pic three before I broke it up because I couldnt take watching it any longer. lil fuckers are starting to break down the material in the third bin and go to town. This thing is packed with excitment, think I gonna make a website and call the URL wetwigglers+18.com...they really love when you dust the surface with azomite....

Bennyweed1

Veteran
And one last thing....why am I running out of space to upload photos to ICmag??.......what the hell do I do?

How do other people post threads with 100s of pages with pictures and upload them all to icmag? I dont want to use other outside photo hosting sites, I just dont trust them.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Are all of these tents in one room?
How are you running the exhaust or cooling/heating dehumidifier setup?

Yes they are, all of those tents are in a single basement. The basement is pretty large, Im guessing 30'x75'. In the winter I dont have to do anything to vent the place because the basement has heating ducts running off the home furnace. It gets damn cold here in winter so I have no high heat problems at all.

At night temps are 59-60 degrees and during lights on temps are at 75-76 degrees. I personally like the lower night temps because it brings a pruple/blue hue out in most plants...thats why I am really excited to flower my new purple kush strain.

Summer though is a pain in the ass, I ran into some problems last summer for about 3 months. Im still thinking about what I want to do. I cant run an A/C with the amount of lighting I am already using, Im very cautious about that. I need a powerful exhaust but I cant have a huge vent coming out the basement window of the house I am renting for obvious reason. Ill figure it out come that time, I have co2 which for sure helps with high heat so that is my first step.

That is the one part I hate about being in this line of work....no one knows about it, not even family so I have to make up lies as to why "my landlord does not give me access to the basement". Peoples intuition is to be curious so its a constant struggle staying on the DL. My own girlfriend does not even know, talk about being on the DL while maintaining a full garden to pay the bills. What'cha gonna do though?

Thats why I stick around here...its the one place I can talk about and show folks...I would love to show my garden off to friends and family, our work is pretty tach savvy in the sense most people dont even know how to grow a simple houseplant , but that is just not the world we live in sadly; none the less people would just like to see it as much as I do, with all the timers, fans, filters, amendments, different lighting, tents, and the list goes on.

Anyway I never mess with RH....its literally perfect in all the tents...all my flower tents are between 40-55% RH depending on the moisture level in the pots and the veg tent is a constant 60-64% which is all fine by me.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Everything is looking great in your tents. Your worm bin is badass too.

-Funk

Thanks funk! The worms are still in the bottom section for the most part and are slowly making their way up to the top. I can not wait to use these ultra fresh castings.

I screened my old worm bin by hand and am using the composted soil for the first time. Its is some of the richest, fluffiest, soil I ever ran my hands through. Top dressed all my plants with a good solid layer of the stuff and ever since the leafs are facing straight up like plants usually do when they are support healthy and happy.

I've been using hydro store worm castings for the past 10 months and they dont compare to this stuff.

Thanks for the good words Funk

Bennyweed1

Veteran
As advertised, I harvested HPS 2, reloaded it, and transplant the new replacements in the veg tent. All in all it takes a good hunk of time. I was down there for a solid 4 hours doing it all and I still didnt get to trimming the 6 I just chopped.

Anyway, here are is a butt load of pics:

Here are the six girls I chopped today
DSCF3965_zpsa341dc6d.jpg

Sour Cream
DSCF3967_zps8a792b35.jpg

Sour Cream
DSCF3968_zps17f0703f.jpg

Sour Cream
DSCF3970_zpsc99a349f.jpg

Strawberry Diesel
DSCF3972_zpsbdbfe0cf.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is my new Purple Kush going into flower for the first time. She is a super healthy plant

DSCF3992_zpse7f33981.jpg

Her live mulch
DSCF3998_zpsa57346c5.jpg

All four girls in the bloom tent. 2x PurpleKush and 2x Jack Flash
DSCF4003_zps626028fe.jpg

And here is HPS tent 2 all reloaded with extra cuttings filling in the gaps
DSCF4038_zps6241ff61.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
And finally the last four being transplanted into new pots and left in Veg for their last 3 weeks before flower

They all had some sexy root development. A great indicator of a healthy soil IMO

Sour Cream
DSCF4025_zps909215d8.jpg

Sour Cream
DSCF4028_zpsf9ac22e9.jpg

Great White Shark
DSCF4029_zps2893e1be.jpg

Great White Shark
DSCF4033_zps31824972.jpg

These four plants are going to be put into the no till soil beds when they free up and are ready on 1/22/13

And happy new year folks..

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Recently picked up a lexen healthy juicer...real nice juicer that is hand cranked, anywho....its the first time the worms have eaten veggy pulp and they are going crazy.

The pulp forms a mold in about 36 hours and about another 36 hours after that the worms start going nuts.

I was cleaning out my fridge the other day and found a 10lb zucchini that has been in the drawer since july. It was nasty but the worms ate the whole thing faster then I could eat a bowl of cereal. Then they took my cat hostage and ate it. :(

So long story short...start juicing, it is so damn good for you and gives the worms something great to consume which in turn makes your plants super healthy....can you see the pattern here?

Here is a shot I love......whole round of wheat grass, large fan leafs close to the buds with with THC on them, two stalks celery, and a carrot (Feel free ta trow'in one of them dashes' of ginger root for a zing).

It is damn good and gives me a flushing/rushing sensation in my head. Hard to explain but it feels good.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is the manual juicer I was talking about if anyone is interested in juicing. Even if ya hate the juice, your bin will love the pulp. I look at it this way, I like shooting a nice scotch/whiskey every now and again.......which by comparison makes any juice shot a walk in the park.

Real nice starter...it is best at leafy greens but still does a good job with harder veggies like carrots. My favorite part is that is is hand crank which just makes it seem so pure.

Not a bad price for what it does....$49.99 usd on amazon

T

TribalSeeds

The juicing thread is one of the best here. I gotta unpack my machine and get back on the juice.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Hey IGmaggers...

So my purple kushes I recently put into flower are starting to yellow pretty quick.

I've been adding a liquid kelp&fish to my resev but it doesnt seem to have an effect.

What would you you recommend doing? I have pretty much any amendment on hand you can think of. They are only in week two but have grown a ton since hooking my co2 back up.

I cut out blood and bone a while ago but think I need to start amending with it again.

Recently top dressed with bat guano 10-10-.2 but it is in pellet form.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Benny

So glad I found the new digs! Albeit a smidgen late, but hey. :joint:

Do you have any alfalfa meal on hand? I'd toss about a tablespoon into a gallon of water, bubble it over night, and then hit 'em with that. That's kind of my go-to N source lately, when EWC top dressing or slurry/tea won't cut it..

:lurk: