What's new

Acouple lights, a couple tents, and organic soil

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Well I had this journal in a different section but I think it belongs here because I like doing things organically.

So a brief run down of my setup:
4 tents total. One being a veg tent, the other three tents being used for bloom. Tents are staggered 3 weeks apart so I can harvest every three weeks using 9wk strains.

I recycle my soil and use a combination of air pots and no-till soil beds. RO/DI is my water source hooked up to a auto top off resev feeding my blue mats.

Here is HPS tent 2 with a planned chop date of 10/30/12 with four pure power plants, one jack flash, and one sourdiesel. Single 600w barebulb.
DSCF3529_zps30549ba3.jpg

Pure Power Plant
DSCF3534_zps6fae24c1.jpg

Pure Power Plant
DSCF3535_zps8327033a.jpg

Pure Power Plant
DSCF3536_zpsae235ad2.jpg

Pure Power Plant
DSCF3537_zps174f4d97.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Pure power plant
DSCF3538_zpsd79b7ec8.jpg

Pure power plant
DSCF3539_zps80a9ea91.jpg

Jack Flash leaning like a hoe' because I didnt tie her up
DSCF3540_zps6665eec9.jpg

And here is HPS 1 with a planned chop date of 11/20/12. Single 600w bare bulb with a cooltube.

Nothing but Crazy Miss Hyde in this tent
DSCF3542_zps48d6a9fc.jpg

DSCF3545_zps9dc95366.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
DSCF3546_zpsf3186fe6.jpg

DSCF3547_zps90129be1.jpg

DSCF3549_zps15900ab7.jpg

And here is the LED tent with a planned chop date of 12/11/12. It has three Jack Flash, two pure power plants, and one crazy Miss Hyde. A total of 480w of LED.
DSCF3559_zps0ceae89c.jpg

DSCF3561_zpsb659b6f3.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
DSCF3562_zpsa18337e3.jpg

DSCF3564_zps74acf604.jpg

And here is the VEG tent. Each row is staggered 3 weeks apart. Row closest is 2 weeks in and back row is 5 weeks in.
DSCF3551_zps5c7756ee.jpg

Sour diesel
DSCF3553_zps9127b389.jpg

DSCF3554_zps811e7209.jpg

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Pure Power Plant
DSCF3555_zps6754878f.jpg

Crazy Miss Hyde
DSCF3556_zps5ea929bf.jpg

DSCF3557_zps2172cf2b.jpg

DSCF3558_zps5bcbdca7.jpg

I just germinated 5 purple kush and a great white shark. All feminized.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
And a few more of the same plants

Everything for the most part is being just watered. Once in veg they get an AACT and once in flower they get an AACT. I usually top dress with some things before being transplanted for bloom. Soil will be a year old 2/1/2013.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Benny-
That very first photo looks like you have an HPS lamp in a ceramic socket with plastic wire nuts splicing the wires together. VERY DANGEROUS! Those wire nuts will degrade from the heat and fall apart. Order some ceramic wire nuts or better yet, put that lamp in a fixture.
Stay safe.
Burn1

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Benny-
That very first photo looks like you have an HPS lamp in a ceramic socket with plastic wire nuts splicing the wires together. VERY DANGEROUS! Those wire nuts will degrade from the heat and fall apart. Order some ceramic wire nuts or better yet, put that lamp in a fixture.
Stay safe.
Burn1

Damn good call, you know I know better then that. Thank you burn one for the call out. I owe you one. Best wishes and ill burn one to that. Cheers.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Chopped the main colas off of the four remaining PPP plants. This is the stickiest batch I have produced yet. I left the rest of the plants in so I can quickly dry it out the soil, re-amend it and put it back to use. Other wise letting it are dry takes 4-5 days depending.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I chopped HPS tent 1 on the 20th and reloaded the tent. Everything is on schedule. Led tent is next on 12/11/12. This organic thing makes life so easy.....

In order from left to right...
HPS tent 1-day one of flower
HPS tent 2- Week 3 of flower
LED tent- Week six of flower

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Very nice setups and plants...
What is your soil mix ?
Keep up the good work !
Peace, HJ.

Thanks for the good words man.
My soil is a batch I have been recycling and reusing since Jan but I have been adding my base soil as needed.
I use a whole list of amendments..lets see if I can remember off the top of my head.

Fish meal
Crab meal
neem seed meal
powder oyster shell
cotten seed meal
Alflafa meal
Kelp meal
dry molasses
rice flour
bat guano
seabird guano
lime
azomite
rock phosphates
gypsum
green sand
powder diatomaceous
Myco pods
and a pinch of mosquito dunk

Base soil is mostly peat, compost, EMC, and recycled soil

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Put together an update

Here is how the veg tent is looking nowadays. All these plants are in different weeks of growth. My harvest are always a mix of plants.

Strains:
Strawberry diesel
Sour Cream (dropping this strain)
Jack Flash
Pure power plant
Purple Kush
Great white shark

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is the LED tent with a schedule chop date of 12-11-12. I dont think it is going to be ready so I will have to draft up a plan.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is HPS tent 2 with a schedule choppy set for 12-30-12. These plants took a pretty hard transplant. I blended some new soil and didnt let it cook at all so they took about 2 weeks of bloom to show since of new growth. Hopefully the still yield decently.

I also stuck extra clones pretty much where every I can fit them as you will see some real tiny plants. Those plants are just random dates and I chop'em when they look ready.