What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace'Sativa research (:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the new harvest bwoyrude! :tiphat:

The second round with the malawi looks great, thanks for share it!

bwoyrude

Veteran
Thanks Dubi ,
I think it will be the third round with malawi in new year. New ideas, new setups ... :)
Malawi will be long enough in my collection of permanent keepers
Cheers

Last edited:

bwoyrude

Veteran
Hello ,
... Meanwhile, I'm testing seeds from the last harvests, it was first and last try of GLR :)
2 malawi girls (i hope :) ) 15 and ~30-35 days@20/4
looks similar to the original, although parents are unknown.
this time in rockwool cubes :biggrin:

Last edited:

Siever

Veteran
Bwoyrude,

Your plants are lacking trace minerals. You can see it by the yellowish colour the upper leaves have. You can solve this problem by giving seaweed meal or lava/basalt meal. It's best to put both fertilizers in water. You can give lava/basalt meal as soon as it's dissolved in the water & that fast. Just put it into water and shake it; In a few seconds it's dissolved.
Seaweed on the other hand is best kept in water for a couple of days. You'll notice when you're done when the water is getting a brownish colour. If you only give the water and leave the meal in the bottle you can put new water in the bottle and do exactly the same up to 3 to 4 times. Once you give the seaweedmeal to your ladies, mix it with the topsoil because that way you keep it moist & that way the seaweedmeal decomposes more easily.

Siever

bwoyrude

Veteran
Hello everyone.
Yes, 11/13 till harvest.
The substrate - is grodan rockwool cubes + 1\3 natural latex cubes . e/f
Guiding only by the pH/ppm .
500 ppm +\ - its a base for all in veg, (my water is RO+ tap (4/5 + 1/5)~ 70-100 ppm)
On bloom 2-3wk i starting add PK solution.. and of course enzymes for healthy root system.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
They are beautiful in their first month of flowering bwoyrude :)

Did you have the chance to start the Old Killer x New Killer Malawis ?

bwoyrude

Veteran
Thank you my friend.
After this test, I had planned a large test of 4SD (reservoir) and of course, 2-3 pots will be malawi from yours "Old Killer x New Killer Malawi" .
Properly grown malawi brings enormous pleasure as the grower, I would like to give malawi every possible area and time , but as hard smoker I will say - this is suicide.:biggrin:
I think i'll get some hybrids based on Malawi and 4SD / chemDD ... should be my personally smoke grail ;)

Last edited:

Siever

Veteran
Dubi,

What's the difference between the old and the new "killer" Malawi?

Siever,

B.T.W. I just popped to Malawi x Purple Haze seeds. Last time they were awesome although I neglected them a bit because of work. On top of that I had spider mites & my ballast broke. So this time, if done properly, I'm in a hell of a strain.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Siever,

The Old Malawi killer is the 20 year old Malawi clone, and the original mother that started all our Malawi breeding.

The New Malawi Killer is a 3rd generation Malawi mother selected in 2014, it's a more tamed and improved elite Malawi parental plant, selected for its extreme resin production and overpowering effect that is equally strong (or more) than the old killer mother, but better quality, New Killer has also better indoor adaptability and shorter flowering time.

Hope it helps with your doubts, best wishes with the Purple Haze Malawi.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Just finished reading your thread. Excellent growing skills on display for us!

This last Malawi picture is of a very manageable sized plant.

maxibiogreen

Veteran
hey hey hey

hey hey hey

Hey bwoyrude!!!
I had to start to pm you something to find out you were hidding in this theard...

Nice work all the way.

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts