What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aceh weed (Indonesia's finest)

Mimpi Manis

I was in Toba 1979. Tried some local bud which was very very good. Very resinous and not at all like the typical leafy thin buds commonly shown. Some years later, an Indonesian friend gifted me some seeds reputedly from Aceh. I have worked on it over the decades and have now have a nice compact 2m strain that comes in very early. Mid to late Feb in Gondwana. Presently in the process of using this strain with some US & Europe strains to produce a potent sativa leaning early harvest outdoor. Will post pic if someone can tell me how to do that here. Site asks for a link?

CeramicMaker

Tuk-Tuk is a beautiful place. A very quiet village by the lake and perfect if you want to relax. About 5 years ago the quality of the stuff is still good, I managed to get one where it looks like it just been chopped off the tree unlike the one you'll get now where it looks like it's already been packaged properly for mass distribution. Sadly according to a news 2 years ago, the sativa strain has been crossed so it will flower faster to avoid the cat and mouse witth the police

https://news.detik.com/berita/3336869/bnn-temukan-ganja-varian-hibrida-di-aceh

The article is in Indonesian.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here is the Sumatran on the right and Golden Tiger on the left. Around 1 foot tall and going on 15 weeks flower. Took a tiny larf bud off the Sumatran plant and will smoke it soon. Ahorator may have had a hand in this grow.:friends:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Toked up the tiny bit and got a very kind and zero fear buzz. Good so far. Have to get into some of the other plants and take a bit more to determine trip potential.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see no viable seeds yet. I toked up some lower buds of second plant, about triple of first one, so a good bowl. Got a bit of noid feeling with it. I am gonna let that one die. Some variation in phenos it seems.

ngakpa

Veteran
very low potency

what I saw in Aceh was strong traditional ganja

no sign of hybrids either

none of the plants I have seen there showed any obvious signs of hybridization

and the culture there didn't show any obvious sign of influence from rich Asian kids or Westerners, i.e. the main people responsible for permanently wrecking the biodiversity of Cannabis

ngakpa

Veteran
The article is in Indonesian.

On balance that looks a lot more like a local journalist struggling for a story than an evidence-based factual piece of reporting

Nothing I saw in Sumatra looked anything like a hybrid

Only ganja it reminded me of was Central Lao types, which smell strikingly similar

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I settled on two plants to reveg or try to. One is kind of racy and the other more midrange in effect. I got a bud higher up on the midrange one and got some trippy effect. A bit of trails in visuals. Was glad of that. Just lasted maybe 10 minutes or so right after toking.

I was only smoking a couple larf lower buds and not inhaling as the soap thing is too strong with them. So, not a fair test of power or trippiness really. Using tape on a pencil to remove the thrips now. Still spray the soil with soap and water but no more spray of anything on the plants. Done with that.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They went 16 weeks+. I just smoked some of the GT and it is strong for sure. Nice high but the Sumatran beats it out by a little in being interesting/kind or trippy. The Sumatrans varied between pretty weak phenos, one bad feeling pheno, and some nice sativa effect types. The Sumatran seems to be not as strong as the GT but good enough. Will find out a lot more later when I have the reveg plants in bigger pots and can inhale the smoke and smoke the upper buds.

I am revegging one of the bright type Sumatrans, meaning colors are enhanced and feels a bit racy, and one normal type high one. The normal type high had me seeing trails or at least somewhat of that during the first 10 minutes. I was looking for trippy so that is a nice effect. I only took lower larf buds and mostly did not inhale the smoke as the soap taste would not come off the buds so not gonna inhale it. The time I kind of saw trails I took a bud off the top area. I look forward to smoking without contamination and inhaling deeply. The plants never grew over 1 foot tall. The GT appeared to be stunted in growth. The other GT seeds were not viable.

The acid test is to get the Sumatran up into the nearby mountains to finish flower, at least a week of that. Summer would be way better but I will see what I can do during the winter. Not gonna be spraying my plants with anything going forward. I can remove pests such as thrips with tape on a pencil and just press the tape onto them. Time consuming but pure buds that way. Treat the soil with drenches of soap, neem, BT and whatever else.
Looking to get higher

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do not see myself using bugs to kill bugs. I get a creepy feeling with any bugs on my plants. I get a kick out of sticking the damn thrips to the tape, hehe. Added bonus!

Goat bread

1681504371495.jpg
1681504395799.jpg

THis is aceh strain. Im growing indoor.

ahortator

Veteran
I don't live in Aceh. I live in another province in Sumatra, maybe the strain is not Aceh strain. The sensations are different with marijuana from Aceh.
Hi. I guess you can get Aceh weed as Aceh grws a lot of the weed smoked in Indonesia. I wonder if you can get also weed from West Papua.

Latest posts

Latest posts