What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE STRAINS FROM SEEDS & CLONES

Holeshot

Nice GT mate. Yours has a lot more Malawi influence than my Fem. Mine foxtails like crazy , very Thai dominate.

jay sus

this is spitting image of one of my viet black thais, ´cept this has way fatter buds, but floral clustering and growth habit are same. and it´s way behind rest of the bunch. anyways i´m partial towards malawi, it rocks. btw zamaldelica is a madhouse

Holeshot

Yeah , Zam is Definatly my favorite . Been smoking some Zam and Panama that I did in ground this year. Very thick pungent smoke on both. I left them to near death as we had lot of rain , and had to wait to get a week or two of good sunshine to dry them out. The smoke is strong and hits hard straight up then gives a great happy trippy high.

Holeshot

Malawi

Malawi

this is spitting image of one of my viet black thais, ´cept this has way fatter buds, but floral clustering and growth habit are same. and it´s way behind rest of the bunch. anyways i´m partial towards malawi, it rocks. btw zamaldelica is a madhouse
I haven't found a Malawi that is very strong as yet.Nice up high , but not overpowering. Grown out a couple of different seeds . All turned out very similar, stout , thick trunks , very leafy . Old engine oil smell that cures to a nice floral smell , with a touch of that oil funk at the end.Im thinking of buying breeder packs of Panama & Malawi.Have some Malawi X Super lemon haze drying at the moment. Should be interesting.!!!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I haven't found a Malawi that is very strong as yet.Nice up high , but not overpowering. Grown out a couple of different seeds . All turned out very similar, stout , thick trunks , very leafy . Old engine oil smell that cures to a nice floral smell , with a touch of that oil funk at the end.Im thinking of buying breeder packs of Panama & Malawi.Have some Malawi X Super lemon haze drying at the moment. Should be interesting.!!!

Did you make that cross? Did you reverse the SLH or are you list it as male 1st?

Holeshot

I have Malawi male pollen from last year. The plant I just cut , has a mix of the strong lemon smell and a hint of Malawi old oil. Structure was similar to SLH.Buds were same as SLH but with a few more red hairs like Malawi. May cross it back to Malawi . See how this turns out first.

jay sus

peculiar floral clustering, frosty too. buds remind me of swazi skunk of early 90´s, maybe sensi,ghs, or positronics. not really good, just econo seeds of the time. but similar type buds

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your new harvest jay sus :)

It's a pity the spider mites affected the plants in late flowering. I would recommend you to clean deeply the room/cabinet, lamps, pots, tools, ... before start a new indoor cycle in the same place.
It's much better to prevent than to have to deal with spider mites in flowering, especially with sativas with longer flowering times, which are quite sensible to the mites in the last third part of flowering.

After a bit of curing, which is your favourite of the bunch ? Since you have tried Panama, how do you rate the Panama x Malawi hybrid ?

Thanks a lot for all your updates.

jay sus

i´m sorry to say but police proved to be far worse pests than mites. so for some time there won´t be much updates. i truly loved your strains, i´ll be back, eventually. better luck to everyone:biggrin:

jay sus

my favorites were in no order. panama,malawi,GT, zamaldelica and vbxt. in all of those you can easily find superb individuals. panama x malawi i had was on more panama side, but not as good as my pink panama, perhaps nothing is

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Cops suck - unless you need one.

VBxT sounds like a euphoric and maybe a little scary cross. Was it and would you grow it again?

jay sus

Cops suck - unless you need one.

VBxT sounds like a euphoric and maybe a little scary cross. Was it and would you grow it again?
absolutely if i could get the seeds. it actually was the one and only strain which gave me fright.

jay sus

First hair day on panama x malawi fem. Good things to come. Bit longer break that intended, some autos guerrilla style, which is nice but stressin at times( when meter plant decides to go blue or purple in the mid summer, which is conspicuous for plant lovers🙃). Better luck than last time🦍