What's new

Ace Seeds Malawi...1st pure sativa grow

Old Toker

Yea, when you mix good business practices with
Bad ass products, and its mind bendingly good weed. You will get Fans and fast. Loyal one's indeed
New avatar LOM? I like it. I know you've been waiting for my opinion/approval.....so you can relax now. :tiphat:

Obviously I voted with my U.S. dollars.....and I have no complaints. Good work Dubi! :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Pretty sure I had it correct.....although the punctuation on all my posts is often wrong. I don't know how he chooses his testers (I am a serious distance from worrying about how to let him down gently:))...but I am certain he has MANY growers to choose from.....and he selected you (among others). That is a compliment and I'll definitely check out your thread.:tiphat:
OTOH - you could be the guy he uses just to test out how bad a grower could be and still successfully grow one of Ace's strains? Nahhhhh that can't be it. :)
Brother this is some deep and profound sh*t. Once I figure out what you said I'm going to be duly impressed. Until then try to steer clear of tatoo parlors.

Regards....another Old Toker:tiphat:

You're killing me, Old Toker! The part about being chosen for bad skills had me on the floor, may well be true, as in "Let's see if dwd can't kill these"! thanks:laughing:

Old Toker

Ok...another Sunday update. Finally flipped to flower (12/12) on Friday. They are too big.....but I'll have to figure it out as they stretch. Tied everything to the screens and secured the drippers with small lawn staples. Spent a LOT of time making sure the tent was light proof.....guess we'll find out soon how well I did.

Two Malawis: First one is shorter, bushier, with wider leaves. And the other more Sativa like with thinner leaves and taller more lanky. Sorry about the quality of the pictures.....again.

Hope all are doing well.:tiphat:

Attachments

• 20170305_204825.jpg
    20170305_204825.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170305_204827.jpg
    20170305_204827.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 10

Old Toker

Thank you DWD!:tiphat:
Classic newbie mistakes....too many plants....too much veg....too little space. Only growing for myself.....so hopefully 8 sativas around a vert 865w will yield enough for my needs. But I think this stretching thing could get interesting. :dance013:

Ramsthepharoah

Day 63

Day 63

Day 63 above soil. Had to move all my plants that will continue to veg from under the 600w and put it under a 250. I'll order another 2 600W lights and tent to veg the Malawi for another 2 weeks then switch to flower. They are very hard (in my opinion) to keep green without burning tips of leaves. Does anyone have any tips for keeping them nice and green during veg or is that just what sativas do?? They stay green at the top but some of the mid to lower leaves yellow and some of them have very light fading occurring toward the middle. I'm going to end up flowering them under 2 600W HPS bulbs in my 5x5. The roots grow very vigorously and are already growing through the bottom of the 3 gallon. You guys think I should transplant into a 5gallon just before flower or leave it in the 3gallonbto help manage height (along with bending and training) during flower.

Attachments

• IMG_7444.jpg
    IMG_7444.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7445.jpg
    IMG_7445.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7446.jpg
    IMG_7446.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7450.jpg
    IMG_7450.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7449.jpg
    IMG_7449.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7447.jpg
    IMG_7447.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 17

Ramsthepharoah

Day 63 above soil. Had to move all my plants that will continue to veg from under the 600w and put it under a 250. I'll order another 2 600W lights and tent to veg the Malawi for another 2 weeks then switch to flower. They are very hard (in my opinion) to keep green without burning tips of leaves. Does anyone have any tips for keeping them nice and green during veg or is that just what sativas do?? They stay green at the top but some of the mid to lower leaves yellow and some of them have very light fading occurring toward the middle. I'm going to end up flowering them under 2 600W HPS bulbs in my 5x5. The roots grow very vigorously and are already growing through the bottom of the 3 gallon. You guys think I should transplant into a 5gallon just before flower or leave it in the 3gallonbto help manage height (along with bending and training) during flower.

P.S.
Been topping and bending So the top of the canopy is pretty even.

Ramsthepharoah

Looking good!!

Looking good!!

Ok...another Sunday update. Finally flipped to flower (12/12) on Friday. They are too big.....but I'll have to figure it out as they stretch. Tied everything to the screens and secured the drippers with small lawn staples. Spent a LOT of time making sure the tent was light proof.....guess we'll find out soon how well I did.

Two Malawis: First one is shorter, bushier, with wider leaves. And the other more Sativa like with thinner leaves and taller more lanky. Sorry about the quality of the pictures.....again.

Hope all are doing well.:tiphat:

Looking very good!! Looking forward to see how they flower.

Old Toker

You guys think I should transplant into a 5gallon just before flower or leave it in the 3gallonbto help manage height (along with bending and training) during flower.
RTP......I don't have ANY experience with growing inside in soil. I have grown outside in soil....and every time I up-potted my sativa took off. I have read that if you up-pot right before flowering....that the roots won't have time to fill the pot...and that will limit the size somewhat. Still going to have stretch....but the plants will just use the additional soil for nutrition and you won't need to water as often. At least that is my understanding of how it is SUPPOSED to work. If you have the space to bend them over if necessary.....don't know why not.

Your plants look great. Wasn't able to see the problems that you described....but then my eyes are so bad I can't tell female plants from males unless they develop balls.

Hopefully mine will have stopped stretching by the time you start to flower. It looks as though they are going to reach the ceiling....other than tying them up, not sure what else I can do.

Good Luck brother! I'll be cheering for you.:tiphat:

Ramsthepharoah

Lol...thanks

Lol...thanks

RTP......I don't have ANY experience with growing inside in soil. I have grown outside in soil....and every time I up-potted my sativa took off. I have read that if you up-pot right before flowering....that the roots won't have time to fill the pot...and that will limit the size somewhat. Still going to have stretch....but the plants will just use the additional soil for nutrition and you won't need to water as often. At least that is my understanding of how it is SUPPOSED to work. If you have the space to bend them over if necessary.....don't know why not.

Your plants look great. Wasn't able to see the problems that you described....but then my eyes are so bad I can't tell female plants from males unless they develop balls.

Hopefully mine will have stopped stretching by the time you start to flower. It looks as though they are going to reach the ceiling....other than tying them up, not sure what else I can do.

Good Luck brother! I'll be cheering for you.:tiphat:

Lol... thanks for the kind words. I'm not too concerned about them filling the pot before harvest, just More so up potting in order to prevent nutrient lock out, loss of flower size and quality due to being very root bound. As far as the discoloration is concerned the tips are slightly pale brown and you can see a little light discoloration toward the outer portion of the blades of leaves. I'm not really feeding them too much of anything so I don't understand the burnt tips on new sets of leaves. Maybe nute burn is not the only explanation for tips being that way. I'm not too worried though, because they look pretty healthy otherwise. :)

Old Toker

As far as the discoloration is concerned the tips are slightly pale brown and you can see a little light discoloration toward the outer portion of the blades of leaves. I'm not really feeding them too much of anything so I don't understand the burnt tips on new sets of leaves. Maybe nute burn is not the only explanation for tips being that way.
If you can get some closeups.....you could post the pics in the cannabis infirmary forum. I think there are people over there that have seen everything. :tiphat:

Levitationofme

I found the wispy pheno of malawi very very sensitive to anythin over .6 EC.
Anything over and tips burn and a week later it dropped some leaves.

Extra humic seemed to do same thing.

I used a small pot and ended up making it difficult to keep it right.
EWC tea and other microbe stuff did no harm.

Last edited:

Old Toker

I found the wispy pheno of malawi very very sensitive to anythin over .6 EC.
I believe I have one "wispy" pheno of Malawi and one bushy one. Both were sensitive to ECs over .6 or .7 during veg.....however in flower neither seem to be having any issues with 1.2....so far. However I'm only in day 8 and still stretching.....not sure what to expect next. :tiphat:

Old Toker

Day 9 of flowering. This attached pic is of the back wall just as the lights went on. Complete insanity and getting worse. Both Malawis are in the pic (far L & top R) but are probably difficult to discern. In a couple of weeks after they are done stretching I'll clean them up and hopefully we'll be able to see the differences.
Hope everyone's grow and families are doing well!:tiphat:

Attachments

• 20170312_211352.jpg
    20170312_211352.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 10

Old Toker

lookng good old toker!
Thank you Picarus!:tiphat:
So far it looks like a newbie grow that has taken over my tent. I hope to "tame" them after the stretch. So far all I've been able to do is tie them to the screen and keep them out of the light. Today is day 15 of 12/12....and I have about 12" of ceiling height left for the tallest plants (PH & GT).

Old Toker

Day 16 of 12/12 of the grow that ate my garage. Less than 12" to the ceiling for about half of these plants. Next week's pics should really be interesting as my out of control sativas run out of vertical grow space. Guess I'll tie them to the ceiling.
Hope everyone is doing well. :tiphat:

1st pic is a Golden Tiger
2nd Pic is a Panama Haze
3rd Pic is my other Panama Haze

Attachments

• 20170319_222126.jpg
    20170319_222126.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20170319_222138.jpg
    20170319_222138.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20170319_222154.jpg
    20170319_222154.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 10

deepwaterdude

Hmmm, you may not be able to kill your plants either, but they may get YOU!;) They look very healthy, may react well to supercropping or just plain bending/tying down. I pretty much panicked when my 5x5 got overtaken by 4 Panama clones I had vegged for 2 months outdoors. Ended up switching out all the plants for smaller ones I had going from seed; I only kept one for OD, gave two away and killed one. Yours are going to be BIG yielders should they make it to the end.

Latest posts

Latest posts