What's new

Ace Seeds Malawi...1st pure sativa grow

Old Toker

RTP: Not sure what happened or why you quit posting in your own thread....but if it was me....I sincerely apologize. It was extremely generous of you to share this thread with me.....unfortunately my newbiness and drama may have contributed to your decision to quit posting. I am sorry. Thank you for putting up with me and I appreciate your patience.

I've decided (belatedly) to post in my own thread and to stop polluting yours. I hope that your Malawi grow turns out to be as fantastic as you hoped....and of course I'll be following along and rooting for you.

Good Luck Brother and Thank You!:tiphat:

Ace Sativas own Old Toker - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7893734#post7893734

deepwaterdude

RTP, I wanted to post my own apologies, being one of the main hijackers of your thread! Looking forward to seeing your malawi bloom, dwd

Ramsthepharoah

Hey guys. Please continue to post. It's not about me. It's about the plant and the potential of this strains. I am still growing strong. However, I haven't been able to post anything lately because I've been dealing with issues here at home. My wife has been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and her joist a have really been in pain. So I haven't really had time to post any hint because we've been dealing with that. Been looking up some homeopathic/naturopathic ways of treating this thing and symptom management. Heard CBD has been promising in treating inflammation and joint pain, so I've ordered some high CBD strains. Please keep posting guys. I enjoy your posts when I was on the forum a lot more.

deepwaterdude

Hey, RTP, very sorry to hear about your wife's pains. I have a relative who was told that she like her mother would not walk after the age of 50 due to crippling arthritis. She heard an actress talking about having had the same problem and addressing it with yoga and she, and my relative, are still walking and in great shape to boot in their late 70's. She'll probably be in better shape than ever, while keeping and increasing range of motion, having better digestion, cleansing the organs a bit, having better bone density and the rest. Also, reducing acidic food intake will reduce inflammation and her pain levels, as would eating less cooked foods, more raw veggies. Less mineral deposits in the joints that way. Good luck and good to see you, dwd

Picarus

Malawi male, I have more f2's to go thru but my sole plant from this run will polinate a few in my stable.

Attachments

• 20170331_153443.jpg
    20170331_153443.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 11
Hey guys. Please continue to post. It's not about me. It's about the plant and the potential of this strains. I am still growing strong. However, I haven't been able to post anything lately because I've been dealing with issues here at home. My wife has been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and her joist a have really been in pain. So I haven't really had time to post any hint because we've been dealing with that. Been looking up some homeopathic/naturopathic ways of treating this thing and symptom management. Heard CBD has been promising in treating inflammation and joint pain, so I've ordered some high CBD strains. Please keep posting guys. I enjoy your posts when I was on the forum a lot more.

"Its not about me, its about the plant"!
YES YES YES YES!
I see you get it!
Wonderful humble gardener! Thankyouz!

God forbid you be a new grower to sativas and no fully mature females, no real interest unless you got a following online. Who cares as long as you and your plants are healthy! Smh!

hellfire

This thread is good and I just have been browsing through it a bit. Malawi needs a lot of love. Both the regular and the short bushy phenotype.

You should try CBD topicals for RA. They work very well, people who have had pain for years tell me how it allows them to move their hands again without pain. There seems to be good results overall, nerve pain is one thing that it does not seem to work for though. Hope everything turns out well and she gets better, good luck.

deepwaterdude

Hey, RTP, I was just reading back on the cloning discussion; that was one beauty of a cloner you built! I bought a smaller 25 spot cloner online for 50$, same makeup but shittier in construction than your DIY, but 100% success rate;) Hope your plants are doing well; they were pretty big a month ago, they must be monsters now.

Ramsthepharoah

Thanks for well wishes.

Thanks for well wishes.

This thread is good and I just have been browsing through it a bit. Malawi needs a lot of love. Both the regular and the short bushy phenotype.

You should try CBD topicals for RA. They work very well, people who have had pain for years tell me how it allows them to move their hands again without pain. There seems to be good results overall, nerve pain is one thing that it does not seem to work for though. Hope everything turns out well and she gets better, good luck.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm getting some CBD drops for her tomorrow to take twice a day under the tongue. Hopefully that helps. I'm also growing some critical mass CBD now. She's just a small seedling, but in a few months I hope it's some good medicine for her. The Black eyed Katy works really well for her in terms of pain management. She doesn't feel anything after smoking it, but she hates the heavy stone that damn near puts her to sleep. So hopefully the critical mass doesn't affect her as much and also manages her pain and inflammation.

Ramsthepharoah

Thank you sir!!!

Thank you sir!!!

Hey, RTP, I was just reading back on the cloning discussion; that was one beauty of a cloner you built! I bought a smaller 25 spot cloner online for 50$, same makeup but shittier in construction than your DIY, but 100% success rate;) Hope your plants are doing well; they were pretty big a month ago, they must be monsters now.

Thank you sir for the compliments. I have shared a 100% success rate. I wanted to do it just to get the experience of creating something that could do the same job as these expensive cloners. The plants are doing very well. Just harvested a lot of the terminal colas of the Cherry pie and left the popcorn nugs along with the pollinated branches to mature for an extra week. So far I have just finished drying and jarring them for curing. I will harvest Most of the black eyed Katy come Monday. So far the cherry pie has yielded 3oz and 8 grams of dried bud. It smells kind of subtle but earthy and sweet with a slight hint of spice to it. It definitely not an overwhelming aroma by any means. I rather enjoy the smoke it's a mellow body high that chills you out (but not to the point of a super heavy indica stone/ it's just enough to soothe the body) and still gives you enough head to keep you sociable. So it's a very functional smoke (easily could be someone's favorite for very practical reasons). The Malawi hasn't gotten as much attention as I should've given her due to what's currently going on medically, and she really let's me know in the yellowing of the leaves. At times she seems to be Nitrogen deficient, but I have to slowly dial it up, because .5 ML too much and she curls up on me. She's doing well considering I haven't done much with her. Developing nice buds and pretty short internodal structure. I left her in the 3 gallon pot so she's staying right at 4 feet, which is a good thing because Old Tokers girls went Crazy on him. But I've pollinated a branch with the Malawi male that I have and the calyx are swollen now. I also have Katy and cherry pie branches that are bursting with seeds. I'm excited to test some of those crosses in the near future. I think those will be some promising genetics, especially when I back cross some of them to the mothers. Can't wait for legalization. I think that the Malawi crossed with some of these indica varieties and bacrosses back to the indica mothers will do so well here in the full Texas sun. In theory they'll reach for the sky as sativas love to do but be very dense and full of flavor like some of our favorite indica varieties. Also looking forward to doing some of the lab work on these varieties to see what the terpenes profile, and cannabinoid ratios are. Should be some interesting medicinal value to be had. Anyway. Sorry for the long post. Just had to catch the family up!!!

Peace,
PHAROAH

P.S. here are some Malawi pics along with the cherry pie hanging and jarred.

Attachments

• IMG_8559.jpg
    IMG_8559.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8547.jpg
    IMG_8547.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8521.jpg
    IMG_8521.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 12

Ramsthepharoah

Malawi shots

Malawi shots

Here are a couple more Malawi shots. Please understand that I know that it has some. It burn whilst at the same time a little Nitrogen deficiency if that's even possible. I'm making a lot of mistakes here due to neglect and not spending as much time as I need to in the garden. In the close up pic you can see how the branch I have pollinated has swollen calyx and is really doing well producing seeds she smells kind of sweet almost like a faint vanilla extract. It's very subtle right now though. Only when you rub a leaf with resin on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8562.jpg
    IMG_8562.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8563.jpg
    IMG_8563.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8564.jpg
    IMG_8564.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 17

deepwaterdude

Here are a couple more Malawi shots. Please understand that I know that it has some. It burn whilst at the same time a little Nitrogen deficiency if that's even possible. I'm making a lot of mistakes here due to neglect and not spending as much time as I need to in the garden. In the close up pic you can see how the branch I have pollinated has swollen calyx and is really doing well producing seeds she smells kind of sweet almost like a faint vanilla extract. It's very subtle right now though. Only when you rub a leaf with resin on it.

I think pot is like exercise; even done badly it does more good than harm. Besides, maybe that Malawi is just a fan of Dali;) The Cherry Pie looks excellent, and I agree it's great that OT's around to show us the more dangerous path so we can avoid it;) My girls in 3 gal are staying the most appropriate size for indoor too.

Old Toker

I left her in the 3 gallon pot so she's staying right at 4 feet, which is a good thing because Old Tokers girls went Crazy on him.
It wasn't that my girls went crazy on me as much as it was a failure of the grower (me) to veg them correctly, and flip them to flowering before they were too big. Thankfully I at least had the good sense to grow them in two gal bags. If I had used >=3gal containers....they probably would have unzipped the tent, turned on the feed pump, light, and opened the garage overhead door for more sun. What was that movie where the plant ate people....Little Shop of Horrors?:)

Your plants are looking great RTP! Especially considering this is your first indoor Sativa grow. Clearly your experience in controlling their size is showing....and is a dramatic contrast to my newbie approach.

Hope your wife is feeling better.:tiphat:

Ramsthepharoah

Lol

Lol

I think pot is like exercise; even done badly it does more good than harm. Besides, maybe that Malawi is just a fan of Dali;) The Cherry Pie looks excellent, and I agree it's great that OT's around to show us the more dangerous path so we can avoid it;) My girls in 3 gal are staying the most appropriate size for indoor too.

@deepwaterdude Now all they need to do is walk an ant eater and paint surrealism, then I we'd make millions...lol..@oldtoker I agree with your statement about the people at @aceseeds hey make these genetics idiot proof (because I sure did neglect her) she just didn't quit on me... I'm certainly think if it had been a fabric pot, that it would have grown a lot faster because of the roots being air pruned. In my case, they just wrap around the pot and become root bound. Which isn't usually a good thing, but it helped me manage the canopy. I also pruned back a lot of the branches, whilst at the same time topping early to inhibit too much vertical growth.

P

Pinnate

One of my PHs (the last to germinate) had some top leaves start to canoe after it's 2nd feeding in the 1 gal pots. None of the other strains or the other PH has this problem. After searching the forum for answers I'm convinced that no one knows why this occurs....although there seems to be a lot of opinions and guesses. My guess is that it's likely to be environmental and not feed. I had arranged the grow room differently the same day and the fan may have been blowing too strongly on this plant

Canoeing is caused by a too-dry environment ─ leaves attempt to conserve moisture by reducing their open flat surface by curling inwards.

Tropical sativas are most likely to have this problem as they're most used to high humidity.

Hope that helps.

Old Toker

Canoeing is caused by a too-dry environment ─ leaves attempt to conserve moisture by reducing their open flat surface by curling inwards.

Tropical sativas are most likely to have this problem as they're most used to high humidity.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! I'm sure you're correct. She turned out just fine. Appreciate the insight. :tiphat:

Canoeing is caused by an excessive light intensity at the top of the plant. The leaves fold upward on the outer edge to increase the angle of which the light is illuminating the leaf, thus reducing the intensity. If you move the plant further away from the light they will stop canoeing.

orfeas

Veteran
Canoeing is caused by an excessive light intensity at the top of the plant. The leaves fold upward on the outer edge to increase the angle of which the light is illuminating the leaf, thus reducing the intensity. If you move the plant further away from the light they will stop canoeing.

if that's the case, then how come certain sativas go canoeing all over the place when in the sun? just wondering...

:tiphat:orfeas

Latest posts

Latest posts