What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Sativas own Old Toker

gorilla ganja

Not sure what adding more mag will do. To much of something sometimes causes lockout of other nutrients. You will dial it in over several runs.
A few less that pretty leaves will not kill anything. In fact I prefer it in later flower stages. heck I'm a expert at having some sickly looking plants out in the bush. Planting cannabis in areas of the planet it was not meant to grow.
If you don't like the look of the leaf you can always keep cutting them off.

i'm not sure if my late night ramblings are helping you, but I hope you get it figured out.

peace GG

Old Toker

i'm not sure if my late night ramblings are helping you, but I hope you get it figured out.
Any advice from you GG....rambling or otherwise is always welcome.:tiphat:
Not sure whether to add cal/mag....or just keep the Ph higher to help the calcium uptake. I do know that after tomorrow night I won't be back here until late Sunday to adjust to any problems. So whatever I go with needs to fix the problem or at least not do any serious damage for a few days.

Thanks again GG for the help! :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Geez, it's about time you had a problem besides explosive growth;)

Thing I learned about pH in hydro, don't try too hard to keep it perfectly steady, I let it ride up from 5.8 through 6.4 and then change the res. This way, they're hitting all the notes they need to be able to uptake all micros/macros. Thing I learned about coco is it's not hydro;) If you do keep your pH under 6 with coco, get some chelated calmag, so the pH is less of a factor. Many folks go a little higher in coco than in hydro, swearing that under 6pH is asking for trouble. For the Cal, consider a first foliar application while medium corrects to get the plant back on its way. Still going to be beautiful buds, don't worry too much! I think they're sensitive to that most of all;)

Which strain is showing the lockout? Again, you've got a very tropical selection that probably doesn't like too much N, so I'd stay easy on nute levels, especially feeding 56 x a day.

Old Toker

Geez, it's about time you had a problem besides explosive growth
Remember that I'm just making this stuff up so that you can share your VERY limited knowledge and feel better about yourself. :)
Thing I learned about pH in hydro, don't try too hard to keep it perfectly steady...
Unlike my veg nutes....my flowering nutes Ph seems to be rock steady. Unless I change it occasionally....it's not moving until the next rez change.
Thing I learned about coco is it's not hydro. If you do keep your pH under 6 with coco, get some chelated calmag, so the pH is less of a factor. Many folks go a little higher in coco than in hydro, swearing that under 6pH is asking for trouble.
I've read this myself. Lesson learned....6.1+ until flush.
For the Cal, consider a first foliar application while medium corrects to get the plant back on its way.
Thanks for the suggestion....might try a foliar application when I get back.
Still going to be beautiful buds, don't worry too much! I think they're sensitive to that most of all.
Thanks. :tiphat:
Which strain is showing the lockout?
Originally one of the GTs. Then a PH.
Again, you've got a very tropical selection that probably doesn't like too much N, so I'd stay easy on nute levels, especially feeding 56 x a day.
I'm pretty sure that raising the Ph will help limit the N. I'm only at 1.2EC before I add the Cal-Mag...so that's still pretty low.
Bought some Call-Mag today. Supposed to use 1 tsp per gal with every feeding. Going to use 1/2 that and keep the Ph at 6.2. Hopefully a more moderate approach will keep them alive long enough for me to get back and re-evaluate them.
Thanks for the help and the moral support. :tiphat:

Edit: Added 7 Tbs (21 tsp) of Cal-Mag to the 40 gal of water that I still have in the rez. After half an hour mix the Ph stayed steady at 6.29....PPMs went up 65. Now at 1.3EC. I'll feed tonight with a good 20-30% runoff. After tonight they are on their own with no runoff for a couple of days. However they will still get their 56x daily feeds.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Old Toker

It's good you're getting a few days away from them while they heal. I'd be optimistic about what I'm coming back to:0)
My main dude DWD!!! I love it when you blow sunshine up my skirt. Not that I have a skirt. But if I did...I'd kinda "love" it....in a REALLY masculine way of course....not that there is anything wrong with guys wearing skirts....if that's what you like. :)
Thanks for the encouraging words DWD! :tiphat:
All we can do is the best that we can...and until Monday this will just have to be "bestest" enough for these girls. If it isn't....well then it's your fault....and GGs ....and Syd... and CM. Not really sure HOW it's your guys fault....but it must be. After all you all have far more experience than me....how could YOU guys let it get to this point? Please don't even try to tell me that each plant/grow/environment is different and there was NO way for you to anticipate this kind of problem....it just sounds as though you're are making excuses and refusing to assume your rightful responsibility. It's not like I'm angry at you guys.....I'm not. Just disappointed. I guess I expected better. Obviously too much. It's OK....we'll get through this together and I'll do my best to fix this for you guys.:)

The good news? We do have Ace genetics working for us.....DWD you of all people know how hard it is to kill one of their strains.

Regards....:tiphat:

G

Hey OT!Agree with GG ,looks like cal .I think rising the ph a tad and probably some foliar are the first actions that should be taken,I think DWD is spot on !So,you see we are all in this ...
Also I think you can e-mail Ace seeds at their site and they'll get to you in less than 24 hrs,at least that's what I've read !I take full responsibility on my behalf . Of course I live quite far away :biggrin:Hope you're not good at curses :tiphat:

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
A few less that pretty leaves will not kill anything. In fact I prefer it in later flower stages. heck I'm a expert at having some sickly looking plants out in the bush. Planting cannabis in areas of the planet it was not meant to grow.

I was luck to learn growing in the deep rich soil of Iowa. The season could get cut short with early frosts, but the summers were generally long enough, wet enough and always hot enough. Weed grew like a weed in Iowa - in fact, tall healthy wild hemp was nearly everywhere. It was so easy to grow there.

Then I moved and the reality of what you say was made clear to me.

You are also right in not taking the loss of a few leaves as a sign of failure.

Old Toker

Agree with GG...
I think DWD is spot on
Thank you Syd! :tiphat:If the three of you are in agreement then I may as well cut the girls down now....and just start over....especially considering I agree with you guys. I think it's a calcium deficiency also. Doesn't relieve you from your responsibility if it's something else.....but I do appreciate you manning up and accepting and your part of the blame for this issue. Appreciate it! :)

I have already raised the Ph to 6.3...do you think that is too low?
I'm hesitant to do a foliar spray because I'm trying to avoid adding any more moisture into a canopy that somehow became too dense. I think that just adding the 1/2 strength cal-mag, along with the increased (6.3) Ph should get them through the next few days. If not then I probably couldn't have saved them even if I were here. If I come back and they are looking at least as good as when I left...then we're probably on the right track. If they are worse....well it's just another example of you guys giving me bad advice. :tiphat:

gorilla ganja

I think your on the right track OT.

Just chill out and have a cookie.The plants are doing fine. Probably the best thing you can do for them is to leave them alone for a for a few days.

Cheers GG

Old Toker

I think your on the right track OT.

Just chill out and have a cookie.The plants are doing fine. Probably the best thing you can do for them is to leave them alone for a for a few days.

Cheers GG
Thank you GG! :tiphat: Coincidentally I just had my 3rd cookie of the day. I'm sure you're right...I've done all that I can (or am willing).... so for the next couple of days they need to suck it up and get better....or stay the same.....but not get worse. :)

Old Toker

Day 59 0f 12/12....and the girls seem to be doing better. Found only one dead(dry) leaf on the floor of the tent. Ph was almost exactly where it was when I left it. Overall the girls don't look any worse than when I left them. Possibly slightly better. Will probably increase the Cal-Mag to the recommended 1 tsp per gal. Will try to post pics tonight.:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

It can take a week or two to fully correct that deficiency, so if they haven't gotten worse, they're getting better;) Sounds like a good plan. 1 tsp per gal is what's recommended for a "light feeding" on my bottle; I'd go ahead and give it a "heavy" feeding and reduce back from there, whatever that is for your CalMag;)

My gals have stopped stretching, all except for Tammy who's now 4ft from her medium and who continues to go slowly, slowly upwards. Can't wait to see your pics.

Old Toker

Sorry about not posting pics last night....had a last minute road trip and didn't get back until late. Snapped a couple of crappy, blurry pics of some buds....just barely better than no pics at all.
Upped the Cal-Mag to a full dosage yesterday. That stuff really seems to up the TDS. Now at about 1.4EC.:tiphat:

Zam
Ph
GT

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image000000(2).jpg
    image000000(2).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image000000(3).jpg
    image000000(3).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 9

deepwaterdude

Sorry about not posting pics last night....had a last minute road trip and didn't get back until late. Snapped a couple of crappy, blurry pics of some buds....just barely better than no pics at all.
Upped the Cal-Mag to a full dosage yesterday. That stuff really seems to up the TDS. Now at about 1.4EC.:tiphat:

Zam
Ph
GT

Crappy photos, GREAT buds. Doing really well, OT.

Old Toker

Crappy photos, GREAT buds. Doing really well, OT.
Thanks DWD!:tiphat:
I'd blame the crappy photos on me being tired.....but every week my photos are for crap. Fortunately they are usually not THIS bad. I'll try to get some of the "jungle" photos that you like so much. The ones that show has mismanaged my canopy is. :redface:

deepwaterdude

Thanks DWD!:tiphat:
I'd blame the crappy photos on me being tired.....but every week my photos are for crap. Fortunately they are usually not THIS bad. I'll try to get some of the "jungle" photos that you like so much. The ones that show has mismanaged my canopy is. :redface:

I'd appreciate that-just seeing the healthy, abundant buds is making it seem like you've got things under control-not nearly as fun as you getting overgrown.:biggrin:

Old Toker

I'd appreciate that-just seeing the healthy, abundant buds is making it seem like you've got things under control-not nearly as fun as you getting overgrown.:biggrin:
No need to be concerned DWD. I'm always just one Newbie mistake away from turning a tent full of buds into a moldy, dead cluster f*ck. Fortunately I've had some good advice from people like you that have somewhat limited the extent of my "miscues".
I'll try to post some more pics tonight. :tiphat:

Old Toker

Hey DWD.....hopefully these are better than the last ones. Took them just as the light was coming on. You should be able to see some of the damage from what is probably a calcium deficiency. Enjoy!:tiphat:

Day 60 of 12/12.

Attachments

• IMG_20170502_211357.jpg
    IMG_20170502_211357.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20170502_211336.jpg
    IMG_20170502_211336.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20170502_211329.jpg
    IMG_20170502_211329.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20170502_211322.jpg
    IMG_20170502_211322.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20170502_211245.jpg
    IMG_20170502_211245.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20170502_211235.jpg
    IMG_20170502_211235.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow Old Toker,

These are some really serious colas! :) You are doing a great job with them despite the slight feeding problem. They are already anticipating great things for their last month of flowering. Thanks for the updates!

Latest posts

Latest posts