What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Sativas own Old Toker

Old Toker

I'm just having fun with you, OT; I'll take a saggy branched, disorienting mass of buds any day over one I can easily figure out.
No problem DWD. As much fun as we've had joking around in this thread....I'm not going to personalize any insults to my photography skills. I know my pics usually suck, but I do the best I can with what I have. Sorry if it's difficult to see or figure out.
Absolutely no effect on quality to grow sideways or upside down, sounds also like things are right where they're supposed to be. It's swell and stink time.
Thank you!:tiphat:So far....this has been the most enjoyable part of growing. Just watching them swell/fill out. The other day I was sitting on a bucket in the middle of my vertical grow (cleaning up) and took a minute to just look around. Man I was surrounded by these large sativa buds that were STILL swelling. Everywhere I looked were resinous buds calling out to me..."Old Toker .....this Bud's for you".:)

Interestingly...I'm doing less "work" on the girls now, than I've done through most of the rest of the grow. Not much to do....except watch them and feed them. And the feed process is automated. So basically check the Ph/TDS and change out the rez every 10 days or so. Oh yah....I have to spend 5 minutes vacuuming out their pans before lights out.
When it's time to stop feeding, you could go with RO water and a good organic blackstrap molasses for 10 days/couple weeks. It's got all the CalMag coco plants like/need, plus the sugars, Iron and some other trace elements. 1/2 tsp-1 tsp per gal should do it.
I'd have to either buy RO water from a store....or purchase an RO unit for my home (not) ..so probably just going to flush with my tap (134tds - .3ec) water. I could add Blackstrap molasses to my tap water though. Do you think that will do any good?

I do have a question for anyone: How often do you water you plants in coco during the "flush" period? As many times as you are feeding them before the flush? Does it even matter whether the coco gets drier (not completely dried) during the flush? Actually more than a single question....but who's counting? :tiphat:

B

back_woods

hey toker. being your down here why not just collect rain water for the flush.

i just dropped panama x malawi and angola x malawi (fem) to put in my 100 g pots. time to get back to the ole faithful ace seeds. tried most and back to one of the best

Old Toker

hey toker. being your down here why not just collect rain water for the flush.

i just dropped panama x malawi and angola x malawi (fem) to put in my 100 g pots. time to get back to the ole faithful ace seeds. tried most and back to one of the best
Hey BW.....thanks for the suggestion! :tiphat:
I was just thinking about you the other day when I saw the video of the FL growers trying to burn their plants before the ground troops arrived. Glad you're safe!

Obviously you have a LOT more growing experience than I....but I have to agree about Ace Seeds. I'm very happy with my results. Interested to see what you think of the Panama x Malawi. It's on my Ace wish list. :tiphat:

B

back_woods

Hey BW.....thanks for the suggestion! :tiphat:
I was just thinking about you the other day when I saw the video of the FL growers trying to burn their plants before the ground troops arrived. Glad you're safe!

Obviously you have a LOT more growing experience than I....but I have to agree about Ace Seeds. I'm very happy with my results. Interested to see what you think of the Panama x Malawi. It's on my Ace wish list. :tiphat:

yes man those 2 are clowns thinking of 60 plants in a patch. ray charles could have spotted them lol. i see they have the pan x mal on the menu but i had these before they were available but like a dumb ass they been sitting in the frig. these are late starts but still be a good show to see

Old Toker

.. man those 2 are clowns thinking of 60 plants in a patch..
That's what I said to my wife "Who the f*ck plants 60 in a patch in your backyard?" Granted they probably had a BIG yard....but still. I shouldn't second guess them....I don't know their circumstances. Stay safe....and post some pics of the Pan x Mal when you get them going. :tiphat:

Old Toker

Good news.....and bad news. First the good: I figured out (finally) how to actually see trichs through my jewelers loupe. Still somewhat difficult to figure out which are clear and which are cloudy....but easy enough to pick out amber. And that's the bad news. Both GTs have about 5% amber. Probably should have started flushing them already but I will tonight. I will also be looking VERY closely at the others tonight before lights on.

Question for anyone: when you flush....do you use 5.8-6.2 Ph water....or just whatever comes out of your RO/tap/well/rain barrel? Still not sure how often to feed plain water during the flush stage...but I'm going to try for at least 3x daily. One hour after lights on......one hour before lights out....once in between...if I am awake.:tiphat:

Borderliner

OT, tap water around here has ec 0.6ish so flush with bottle spring water with ec 0.2 didn't check ph with no problems. Hope helps

Old Toker

OT, tap water around here has ec 0.6ish so flush with bottle spring water with ec 0.2 didn't check ph with no problems. Hope helps
It does.:tiphat: I'm really thinking I'm going to flush with my slightly less than 0.3ec tap water. Used it for the entire grow except germination....and it has worked OK. The Ph is definitely high @7.3. Unless someone chimes in with a different opinion.....I'm going to Ph the water to 6.0.....and initially flush at least 2 gals of water through each pot.....water to runoff at least 3x daily.
Not sure about the molasses yet. Still trying to minimize additives.
Thanks for the help!:tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
now that you've had your harvest tutorial you're left with the drying one ...
here's how I go about it; no hanging the whole tree for it is impossible to drag a ten footer ;) five footes are easier to carry about ...they stay hanged for a couple of days in the semi-dark shed quite airy and when the strong odour is gone they find their way home in a big basement completely dark this one with temps round 20 C... this time there are small side branches I scatter here and there every which way for a week or so till the stems become rigid...never get to the snapping point...gently squeeze the buds too...and then come jars...

:tiphat:Orfeas

akirabull

i like to give water with 0,2- 0,3 ec and ph 6.5-6.6 -6.7 with bio soil. don't know what do you use, medium and fert. if you run a low ph for all grow increase it gradually. never from 6.2 to 6.6 directly or best of best fresh rain water if you can and weather gives you . don't worry for 5% amber you are in perfect time to flush and wait for a proper ripe.....

Old Toker

...don't worry for 5% amber you are in perfect time to flush and wait for a proper ripe.....
Thank you Akirabull!:tiphat: I think soil requires a slightly higher Ph and I'm growing in coco. However I have run a low EC and DTW throughout most of my grow. Hopefully just the 6.0 Ph water will be enough to finish them.:tiphat:

Texicwaste666

That's correct....these sativas have made me their bi*ch.

For the first half (or so) of my grow another poster generously shared his thread with me. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7889939#post7889939
Unfortunately my newbiness and drama seem to have dominated the thread and eventually the OP quit posting in his own thread. That doesn't seem right. This is my attempt to finish what I started (document my first indoor grow) while giving RTP his thread back. Once again....sorry RTP.....hope you, your family and your Malawis are doing well!:tiphat:

I'll be editing this thread later tonight with pictures showing how these sativas have taken advantage of my generosity. :)
These were the pics from Sunday (Day 30 12/12) that were taken before the tragic demise of my phone. Sorry (again) about the quality....but if it's any consolation my phone did commit suicide almost immediately after taking these pics.

The first is a top from the short bushy Malawi.
2nd is a Golden Tiger trying to escape through the top of my 80" tent ceiling
3rd is from the tall Malawi
Four is a Panama Haze
Five is another GT
Six is the other PH
I subscribed to this thread, seems fun.

Old Toker

I subscribed to this thread, seems fun.
Thank you Texicwaste666! :tiphat:Unfortunately....just subscribing to this thread will lower your IQ 5-10 points. If you bother to read ALL of it.....well let's just say there isn't enough drugs in the world to help with that. :)
However.....there are lots of knowledgeable people that have contributed to this thread....so you could learn a lot by reading some of THEIR threads and posts.
Good luck with your Malawis and welcome aboard. :tiphat:

B

back_woods

i think this is considered 110 % germ rate lol. 3 from 2 seeds of the pan x mal and 2/2 on the angola x mal

Latest posts

Latest posts