What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Satellite

Max Q

PS 9_3

PS 9_3

NICE!..... My 2 are also doing well (finishing soon).... put them out on 6_18.

picture.php

New pistils have slowed to a crawl..... getting frostier and heavier by the day. Think I'll be taking the one on the left this weekend (before the coming monsoon).... What a plant!.... kudos to Vermontman and ACE

SolarLogos

Yea this is by far the furthest along in my garden. Also I had given one that I planted on 4/20 to a friend and it’s already been harvested. I guess it started flowering in late June. He had it outside the whole time. I wonder what triggered it to flower so early, maybe it was in little bit of shade. He’s stoked to have his harvests spread out over the summer. He had an early male too and made some f2 so hopefully the early (auto like) trait is passed on.

Mine is starting to get frosty.
View Image

Indoor Purple Satellite
View ImageView ImageView Image

Purple Satellite and Bangi Haze
View Image

Could become my favorite outdoor plant, earliest start of flowering by far compared to others I've tried.
Topped twice:
View Image
Buds frosting up, looking forward to see how much weight they put on in next September
View Image
NICE!..... My 2 are also doing well (finishing soon).... put them out on 6_18.
View Image
New pistils have slowed to a crawl..... getting frostier and heavier by the day. Think I'll be taking the one on the left this weekend (before the coming monsoon).... What a plant!.... kudos to Vermontman and ACE
First, it's an honor and pleasure to be growing this new and beautiful hybrid with such fine and accomplished growers! Great job guys!
Foggy, you look like you have the Nepalese pheno. I didn't get any purple or pink hairs on any of mine, just white hairs that are turning orange, both on my indoor and outdoor plants. Mine aren't as far along as your CannaRed, those pink/purple calyx's on your look like they are swollen and have swallowed the hairs. Half of the hairs on mine have turned orange and are withering, but they are still putting out new pistils. I'm certainly keeping an eye on how you guys plants develop, mine are a little behind yours. Once again, you guys are really killing it!!!

The two ladies

Side bud

I don't know if I'm early, but I started the flush yesterday. They are in peat and have used up the nutrients I added earlier while in veg. I am not sure if they are going to keep re-flowering or keep fattening up, seems they have slowed a bit. The trichomes are about 70% milky with about 20% of those a very faint yellowish. All trichomes are still translucent and if I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere than some pure sativa will ripen this way. Either way, I am thinking they have another 2 weeks, maybe 3 at the most?
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

PS7 Indoor

PS7 Indoor

I've said since this girl was little, she was an Oaxaca pheno. She is much different from the rest, besides just narrow leaves. I started flushing her as her hairs turned orange and started withering. She reflowering and starting her foxtails. She is in early week 12, but she will go a while longer.
She has none of the cherry or fruity smells like her siblings. Here smell is more floral, grassy, organic earthy smells.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Checked on my purple satellite today, looks beautiful, dark long purple/red pistils on a dark black stem and huge green leafs.... going very nice, gonna have 2 nice towers of buds... It seems like I didnt pull the male early enough and it got a good polination going. So def gonna have enough f2s to run throught them years! Also polinated a few Maroc's which should be a very nice early strain! Excited for those!

Anyways, it probably needs another month or so to finish so fingers crossed it will held up!:tiphat:

SolarLogos

Checked on my purple satellite today, looks beautiful, dark long purple/red pistils on a dark black stem and huge green leafs.... going very nice, gonna have 2 nice towers of buds... It seems like I didnt pull the male early enough and it got a good polination going. So def gonna have enough f2s to run throught them years! Also polinated a few Maroc's which should be a very nice early strain! Excited for those!

Anyways, it probably needs another month or so to finish so fingers crossed it will held up!:tiphat:
Nice report BW! With respect to those Marocs, you might get some early, shorter flowering phenos as a result of this PS. I've been thinking, it could be a great breeding tool to shorten flower time without resorting to WLD/Indica.

I'm like you my friend, just waiting... with anticipation! Good luck on harvest.
Peace, God bless

Max Q

Early PS Harvest

Early PS Harvest

Nice report BW! With respect to those Marocs, you might get some early, shorter flowering phenos as a result of this PS. I've been thinking, it could be a great breeding tool to shorten flower time without resorting to WLD/Indica.

I'm like you my friend, just waiting... with anticipation! Good luck on harvest.
Peace, God bless

I just took 3 tops off of the smaller of two PS plants. Wanted to get something before the expected monsoon tonight and tomorrow. They looked ready enough and sticky enough.... grown in a nine inch flower pot on my deck (put out on June 18th.

picture.php

SolarLogos

I just took 3 tops off of the smaller of two PS plants. Wanted to get something before the expected monsoon tonight and tomorrow. They looked ready enough and sticky enough.... grown in a nine inch flower pot on my deck (put out on June 18th.

View Image
Congratulations on a nice harvest! Can't wait to see how she smokes. I enjoyed your posts, thanks very much!
Peace, God bless
Can't vote any more today:frown:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Looks like this is the end for my outdoor plants.
Owner of the field called. Said that they got a robocall from the electric company.. electric company is doing low flying helicopter flights I'm their area. Supposedly checkin power lines.

They want me to chop them all down.

Gonna drive over there after work.

:cry:

Max Q

Congratulations on a nice harvest! Can't wait to see how she smokes. I enjoyed your posts, thanks very much!
Peace, God bless
Can't vote any more today:frown:

Thanks.... Thank you for starting the thread on PS..... definitely gonna be my go to for outdoor, gonna let the other one go another couple of weeks looks like, and I've still got lower buds to pick on the smaller plant.

Again Kudos to Vermontman and Ace!

Max Q

Owner of the field called. Said that they got a robocall from the electric company.. electric company is doing low flying helicopter flights I'm their area. Supposedly checkin power lines.

Bummer.... but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how far along they are..... I looked at your pics, and they look pretty damn good.... good luck!

SolarLogos

I have to agree with Max Q. The girl with the purple bud in the top pic of your last OD post looks ready. Check the trichomes when you get them home, hopefully they will be where you want them. I'm glad you still have the indoor stuff though. You have an awesome grow this season!

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Quick update

Quick update

I've got water barrels surrounding the purple satellite, to keep the pots from falling over. Yesterday, PS-5 was laying down, the stalk split under it's weight about 14 inches from the top of the pot. The split is verticle, with the grain of the stalk, up and down. I stood it back up and used gardener's tape to repair it and used a bamboo pole as a splint to hold it up. The temperatures dropped into mid 80's, so I'm going to put the PS into the greenhouse as any wind would really do her in. I will get pics up later.
Peace, God bless

Buddah Watcha

Veteran

Peace, God bless

thanks man, the maroc is actually almost as early as my PS... so it will defenitely interesting exploring the line outdoors in the future years, along with the f2s I got :)

SolarLogos

So as I posted earlier, PS5 had her stalk buckle under the weight and she bent over in a 45 degree angle, about 12-14 inches above the dirt. Her stalk did not snap, but split in the middle, vertically, thereby not tearing any fibers. I was able to stand her up yesterday, close up the wound with gardeners tape and bamboo poles as splints. I was going to move her into the greenhouse to protect her from the wind, but I was able to drive a large pole into the ground and tie both PS to her for support. I put bamboo as splint along all of the top colas, as they were all bent over facing the ground.

Mostly all tied up and supported now

Bud

Still too early but I don't mind a tester bud

We are at 12 hours, 40 minutes of sunlight per day
Temps have dropped into the low to mid 80's, low temps 53-55F

RH remains around 45-50

Peace, God bless

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have to agree with Max Q. The girl with the purple bud in the top pic of your last OD post looks ready. Check the trichomes when you get them home, hopefully they will be where you want them. I'm glad you still have the indoor stuff though. You have an awesome grow this season!

Peace, God bless

I can't get a good macro pic of tricks, I'll keep trying.

Some of the trichs are amber some clear but I didn't really see any milkiness any any. I only looked at one bud tho.
My uncle came by and tried a small bud that I had snapped off 5 or 6 days ago. It still tasted green cuz it was barely dry, but he said it had a great buzz.

SolarLogos

Well, things are moving a little quicker. In the past two days, a lot more hairs have browned and withered. Some of the trichomes are about 95% milky and other parts of the plants, they're all milky with about 15% a light golden. These trichomes seem to stay translucent and not really get dark like most I'vefinished. Some parts of the plant have flowers with more white hairs than others, but things seem to change quickly around this time. I would expect all withered hairs by this weekend, unless they start reflowering like the clones in the flower room. For the most part, the calyxes have swollen but like the hairs, there are a few that can swell a little more.

The plants have been in flush for about a week and the leaves are yellowing at an even pace. I'm thinking this weekend will be time to start taking some flower, 5 days seems about right considering the pace that they are finishing. We will see.

Thanks for stopping by,
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

nanners

nanners

PS-1 looks like she has kicked out a couple of nanners. My eyes aren't the greatest, so I go over my plants with 5X magnifying lenses with LED that fit like glasses. This morning I found this:

What do you all think? Looks like a couple nanners to me. I have found a few mature seeds on some upper flowers and chalked it up to my carelessness when pollinating the lower branches and probably still is, but now I wonder, especially with my others plants going into flower.
I don't really need feminized pollen, I reversed one of the females already with CS. Then again, if they are nanners, they may not even be viable or have pollen. Really no big deal for me anyways. A few extra seed are still welcomed.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

PS sex reversed

PS sex reversed

PS reversed using colloidal silver (made using the battery and silver coins method).

Peace, God bless

therevverend

Veteran
Definitely nanner. I'd take her now, it's a tough call because she's still throwing out white hairs. But there's quite a few swollen calyxes and I've always seen nanner projection as a plant telling me it's harvest time. If you're setting seed it wouldn't hurt to wait longer. I've had a feeling this would be one of those strains that's hard to judge, one part of the plant finished and throwing new white hairs at the same time. Might take a couple harvests to nail the perfect harvest time.

Very nice work, I'm looking at boytritis and rain. And my plants are still at least two weeks from the earliest possible finish. I'm wishing I had a mold resistant early narrow leaf cultivar right now..

SolarLogos

Definitely nanner. I'd take her now, it's a tough call because she's still throwing out white hairs. But there's quite a few swollen calyxes and I've always seen nanner projection as a plant telling me it's harvest time. If you're setting seed it wouldn't hurt to wait longer. I've had a feeling this would be one of those strains that's hard to judge, one part of the plant finished and throwing new white hairs at the same time. Might take a couple harvests to nail the perfect harvest time.

Very nice work, I'm looking at boytritis and rain. And my plants are still at least two weeks from the earliest possible finish. I'm wishing I had a mold resistant early narrow leaf cultivar right now..
Greetings my friend.
Thank you very much and you are right, I can probably start taking her now. I do have seed on the lowest branches and they are ready, but if she was going to pollinate my other plants, she probably has done so already. Maybe I'm making excuses to leave her a little longer. I have found 4 random seeds, each on an upper flower. It's possible it's my carelessness, but I will keep a watchful eye on any seeds I harvest from my other plants. I will take another look at her this weekend, maybe Sunday, I'm sure some flower will be ready-some are maturing faster than others.

Here are the girls from the flower room. They are in the middle of week 12. I think they are about done re-flowering. The trichomes are mostly milky, very little amber/goldish color. Again, these trichomes do stay a little translucent, unlike a lot of hybrids I've grown. I will take a sample from each one this weekend, there should be a few gold trichomes and pick in stages from there to see what I like best.
PS 1,3,5, & 7

PS-1

PS-3

PS-5

PS-7

Sorry to hear about your boytritis. I sent you a PM.
Thanks again for stopping by, I always find your knowledge and advise very helpful and appreciated.
Peace, God bless