What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE Purple Haze Thai breeding

snuicide

Hi Arf, to cross in some african genetic is always a good plan. I used a PowerPlant to pollinate some TH Bubble Gum back in the days. The result was a heavy indica buzz with a very racey and slightly psychodelic high :))

I work in low humidity and with a lot of cutting I guess thats the reason for less fingers on the leaves. Have to keep humidity low because there is fungus in the basement.

Anyway - in this case, the Hase Special will just help to reduce the flowering time of very special and very fine weed :))))

After 6 Month! of 12/12 lightning I cutted my 2 flowering PHTs.
Here you see the PHT4
on the day when it was cut down and a lill bud during flowering

the smell is wierd lol, its also the pine needle smell but with an heavy and ugly note - even worse than a skunk.
the taste of the smoke is nice! Well grown buds come with an menthol flavour and some sour and herbal flavours. The high is very clean and clear with euphoric feelings. Really the first Weed which works on depressions for me. No hangover the next day.

unfortunately I dont have a good picture of the finished PHT2, which is a phenotype who never finishes under 12/12.
BUT! The smoke is superb reminds me alot on my grapefruit (C99 selection x sativa). It has an heavy sour and herbal flavour which makes your mouth watering (you know what I mean?). Very good! And that high is heavy! Light appears slightly psychodelic, a little bit like an soft mushroom trip. It is a little bit euphoric as well. It makes you a little bit tired because the high is so intense.

My PHT 1 Male is an phenotype very close to the PHT2. First seedlings with PHT1 Pollen look great and against my expectation they are much smaller than the PHT3 (the smalles pht I got, male) x HS1 (smallest HS with black leavs during flower, if conditions are allright. These guys stretch a lot. I used these PHT3xHS1 to test my seeds and found a very nice male. I hope I can show you more pictures these days because linux and my mobile don't like each other when its up to sharing ;)

Last edited:

snuicide

thats the nice male I wrote above. PHT3xHS1. It is very vigour and stress resistant. I took the 4 lowest branches as cuttings - all rooted well. Outing after 10 Days 12/12.

I will definitly cross this guy into a PHT1xHS2 - I allready have one in focus, will have to make pictures. It is very small compared to both parents and the colour is more lime.

Really looking forward to these F2s

On the other hand I got maroc beans from Female Seeds, Seedsman and World of Seeds which I want to use because I dont like Afgahnis - the maroc hash is just tastier and hits smoother - not that much oil. And in my current grow I used the Badzone free seeds I wrote about on the first page. One of the Badzones has the finest orange smell which touched my nose in over 12 years. It stays small and bushey but the leave bud ratio is fine. So there are some nice options.

I will defenitly select a maroc to get pollinated by the PHT1. And a nice maroc male to pollinate the PHT4. But before I start this longlasting action, I will have a look on the F2s of the "Very Haze Speical" (PHTxHS)

Stay tuned! :)

Last edited:

snuicide

Wow I was misslead by excrescences at the internodes. Thought there are going to be pollenbags. I was wrong and it turned out to be a pure lady. I guss she will need about 3 month flowering.

H

HemperorsKnight

Snuicide brother you still there man how's the project coming along?

snuicide

How are the purple haze x meao thais yield is it different to each pheno or is this a homozygous line?

And how did your seeds turn out?

They turn out very different.

The haze leaning pheno finishes in about 4-5 Month and the yield is quite nice.

did not get the exact weight because such a tropical sativa growen indoor is not representiv.

Don't have a picture of the thai pheno at my hand right now. But it flowers half a year and I guess you can flower it a few month longer!! The smell is quite different. The haze pheno has a strong ugly smell while the thai pheno smells more complex. From lemon to flowers and the right amount of this ugly smell as well.

Unfortunetly I was right with both guessings about the purplehaze thai x haze special hybrid because it showed some male flowers during the blooming. Will upload some picture and give you a smoke report soon. Is very good Quallity and high yielding. The male flowers are caused by the haze special genetics for sure. There hs3 labled pheno also showed male flowers in late flower.
The haze special pheno used for this hybrid is mostly sativa with afgahn shapes which makes this appear like an [afgahn x nevilleshaze] x purplehaze thai.

here is a picture of week 9:

thanks Frank Walter! I have some more hybrids flowering right now, pictures soon.

To sum up:
for my project the male flowers mean a lot. I really want to create a stable strain and this is an absolute no go!
All HS1 Hybrids are out of the project for sure.
I'm having a look at hs2 x pht1 hybrids at the moment. If the same appears here - they are out as well.

If so I will continue with morrocan genetics for hybridisation.

In September I am going to Morroco and also to the rif mountains and will have a look on the cannabis fields. Maybe it is the right time to get some nice seeds.

I also have 3 seedsman hash passion, 1 female seeds maroc and 1 world of seeds ketama passion in grow period right now.

To be on the save side I will make some maroccan x purple haze thai seeds.

I will have to do an interupt at some point this year because the house company has to do some work in the basement. They will let me know.

snuicide

they are Pht3 x hs1 - 3 of them are flowering at the moment but they are not of interesst anymore

Grapefruit x pht1 - guess more on the thai side.

This is pht1 x hs2 - vigour and at the moment in flowering week 3 this shot is arround 3-4 weeks ago. Will show you more when the light turns on.

H

HemperorsKnight

Sweet thanks bro you're making me want to pop some was the high magnificent?

snuicide

Flavour: lemon-sweet notes completing a slightly soap flavoured haze, stays long on the tounge which makes you smile
High: great daytime smoke, if you are creative you stay focused on your tasks
I took a walk today after a few joints during the day and I was in very good vibration even in corwded areas.
If you have smoked to much indica, it helps to get focused. Pretty cool weed to sum up

here are pictures of the harvest

snuicide

Also made a nice picture of the dried plant and of the hybrids in the flowering room. Just lacking of time alittle bit.

but here is some purple haze thai its the pheno I labled #2 after 5 1/2 month of flowering. I was a bit harsh when it took over the whole room and cuted of the head arround month 3.

it's not smokable dry yet. But I described it somewhere else on this board anyway.

H

HemperorsKnight

Looking good! I know the soap flavor you speak of in POTHxT.

Keep it up

Is this soap pheno common in these beans? I still have a full pack these are f4's too I believe so they should be pretty stable

Green

Veteran
Is this soap pheno common in these beans? I still have a full pack these are f4's too I believe so they should be pretty stable

I've got a F5 girl 6 month cure. First flavors of lavender then to a soap finish.(lavender soap?) Great fecking eye opener in the morning. Everyday... My favorite

Also have some F6 girls 3 month cure, some are way more tropical fruit, then i got this one that's just soap.

Anyways I'm just exploring the line. But yeah you should crack those beans, and harvest as late as possible and don't touch till good cure.

H

HemperorsKnight

I've got a F5 girl 6 month cure. First flavors of lavender then to a soap finish.(lavender soap?) Great fecking eye opener in the morning. Everyday... My favorite

Also have some F6 girls 3 month cure, some are way more tropical fruit, then i got this one that's just soap.

Anyways I'm just exploring the line. But yeah you should crack those beans, and harvest as late as possible and don't touch till good cure.

You definitely have worked this line when you first got em was it pretty stable in the sense of not herming so easily or pest and or mould resistance?

snuicide

i think this soap flavour is from the haze and the lemon/fruity flavour is from the thai influences - but I am no expert about the origin.

Green

Veteran
Outdoors in the humid tropics I have never seen any intersex plants on this line. And on the scale of 1-10 on mould resistance it scores 11. These girls like it wet

You definitely have worked this line when you first got em was it pretty stable in the sense of not herming so easily or pest and or mould resistance?

snuicide

In the 360 ° view you can see my renovated room (almost finished) filled with pollinated Purple Haze Hybrids.

The HS#1 are goin to be BHO extracted and sorted out.

The HS#2xPHT#1 are pollinated with a male of the same combination and will give nice F2's because it seems to be fast, big and healthy with no hermies. The male is more on the thaiside and has very thin leaves but flowers fast as well, will make some pictures soon.
If you take a look from the door it is the plant in the left front.

The other nice plant is Grapefruit x Purple Haze Thai #1 it is in the right back corner. This one was also pollinated by the hs#2xpht#1.
I will test the outcoming generations and if everything looks promissing I start with the scientific selection.

But this is going to be in the end of the year because of another project. It will happen on this forum and will contain scientific documentation as learned in horticulture studys. Stay tuned.

Here are dry shots of the VHS1 shemale, was a very pleasant smoke. Tase like Peaches and the high is like drinking coffee in the sun on a beach in paradise with pink fluffy unicorns flying by ;)

snuicide

week 7

Grapefruit (fem) x Purple Haze Thai (male)
same father like in very haze special (Haze Special x Purple Haze Thai)

I used a F2 Very Haze Special to pollinate some buds of them.

The one you see in the back is outstanding smelling like exotic oils with a flavour of sweet candy.

On the first picture you see the lemon pheno from the last run - kept a cut and this one was pollinated with the same male

the male was fast and short but with a nice sativa structure and lots of pollenbags.

I'm really looking forward to work on both lines. This Purple Haze Thais have something special.

Last edited: