What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ace limited release "back the congo"

grandsrin

Hi Dick
Do you try your angola*thai bud
Do you like it?
Mine finish in décembre . It was mold proof but the buds were realy tiny and airy.

By gs

hello my friend, yes I like these genetics, with mine they grew well outdoors until the rainy fall then I continued them along side some back to the congos and trainwrecks under some hps lights then after the wrecks and congos were long finished the Angolan x thai were still going so I finished them very slowly under very low light in my house turned out as a nice smooth smoke

Hi Richard - I had a quick question about the Deep Chunk phenos.

Have you found that they are especially sensitive? Every time I transplant, the Congo-leaning phenos are happy but the Chunk-leaning phenos burn consistently in the same soil mix.

It is definitely my favorite expression of B2tC. Vegetative growth is extremely DC (squat, crinkly broad leaves), but once they start flowering the stretch is almost 200%. Zero branching, and the buds form in small, very dense pairs off the main long stem - I think the term I've heard is "monkey balls". Burning-oil-field taste, very expansive smoke, always finished before week 8.

She's a keeper, but has always needed special attention. I should take a pic sometime.

I want to put some cuttings in the backyard this summer but am worried about late-season rains (I'm not too far from you, in Vancouver). It's even wetter up on the coast, but you seem to do a lot of growing outdoors - have you ever had problems with the denser buds?

Deep Congo was the first plant I ever grew, almost 10 years ago now. It remains my holy grail to this day :) Unfortunately, my Deep Congo x Ganesh (Mandala) seeds won't germinate - they try to break through the shell casing, but no amount of sanding/soaking has been enough to allow the cotyledons to properly emerge.

I was very happy to learn that my favourite breeder is a local - used to spend a lot of time in Robert's Creek.

Legalization is around the corner this year - any plans?

EvergreenState

Mushroom Man I'm surprised you find the Deep Chunk pheno sensitive. I ran BTTC twice, 5 each time and I ended up with one Deep Chunk pheno. I grew her in the same soil with the same amount of dry organic nutrients as the others and had no problems with her.

Evergreen - I'm thinking that PH is the problem. Recently got a meter, calibrated it today, and it looks like my tap water is a solid .6-.8 higher than the municipal water reports I was relying on.

Everyone else is looking happy, but maybe they'd be even happier with a bit of citric acid in the water from now on.

Update: after watering for ~2 weeks w/ water adjusted to 6.5, the Deep Chunk pheno of B2tC is doing much better.

Of note:

1) The Chunk-y cuttings seem to root faster than the Congo-y cuttings (for me).

2) The Chunk-y pheno did NOT like epsom foliar feeding, but the Congo-y pheno did.

3) In general, the lanky Congo-y pheno is more resilient.

4) The two phenos look almost nothing alike.

5) I'm going to attempt to make feminized seeds of my Chunk-y pheno because it is the only bud I grow that forces my friends to put out the joint halfway through.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update: after watering for ~2 weeks w/ water adjusted to 6.5, the Deep Chunk pheno of B2tC is doing much better.

Of note:

2) The Chunk-y pheno did NOT like epsom foliar feeding, but the Congo-y pheno did.

5) I'm going to attempt to make feminized seeds of my Chunk-y pheno because it is the only bud I grow that forces my friends to put out the joint halfway through.

Post up some pics of your plants.:tiphat:

EvergreenState

Of note:

I keep my ph around 6.0.
The Deep Chunk pheno didn't look my other two phenos either. It had big, fat leaves, had a foul smell and I finished that jar before any of my others. As a matter of fact I smoked it exclusively until it was gone. Loved it.
It finished about day 56 or 57 if I recall accurately. One pheno finished very fast like day 46 and the tallest pheno finished about day 67. All great smoke.

I hope I can just post an imgur link!

BttC Congo pheno + a couple shots of the Deep Chunk pheno (on the right in the group shots). Look at the difference! Also, the leftover buds from the previous BttC Deep Chunk harvest. The more mature plant in the shots is a finicky Pale Lavender (Cheese and Grapefruit somewhere in the lineage + other weird stuff)

https://imgur.com/a/QoLC6

Hi folks just got back from a two month mission in Mexico.

I find the dc type phenotypes pretty robust
While I was away two small mothers of my favorites out of 70 from
Last year made it through some tough weather

Hi RW welcome back. I'm impressed that those moms survived the winter that we had while you were gone. Not sure how bad the coast had it but the snow in Van was nuts.

You're right, the DC pheno bounced back in a big way.

If you look at this photo https://i.imgur.com/CthRaar.jpg you can see the lanky congo pheno on the left and the deep chunk pheno on the right. (It's from almost a month ago). The lanky one on the left is maturing incredibly quickly - I think she'll be done in under 7 weeks. Dense chunky buds on a pole, minimal leaves, smells sweeter than the chunk plant but still very burning-oil-field-y. She's a keeper for sure.

The chunk girl is slower and doesn't produce as much but is pungent and caked in trichomes.

I'll take some up-to-date pics when I get back into town.

EvergreenState do you have a post somewhere with pics of your phenos? V curious to see what your 46 day girl looked like. Also curious what you consider 'day 1' - I count from the first preflower not the switch and yeah, looks like she will be done before the 7 week mark.

look forward to seeing those done my friend

round here the two surviving small mothers are slowly revegging
meanwhile starting up a couple hundred seeds

the mexican cartel seeds i started are doing well

greenjoe

Found a pic of the smaller deep chunk phenotype.....just a round ball....

Attachments

• 20190118_163020.jpg
    20190118_163020.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190118_162845.jpg
    20190118_162845.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 14

greenjoe

Ok...so as these move along and i read more about these plant.....i seem to have 3 indica leaning....but 3 different indica.....and 1 sativa single cola gal
I also got my seeds from hemp depot....and when i bought them it was the last pack of bttc.....now he has more....im wondering what congo was used in my seeds......

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Ok...so as these move along and i read more about these plant.....i seem to have 3 indica leaning....but 3 different indica.....and 1 sativa single cola gal
I also got my seeds from hemp depot....and when i bought them it was the last pack of bttc.....now he has more....im wondering what congo was used in my seeds......

greenjoe

So if there will be a fast one to finish.....it will be this gal....day 21

Attachments

• 20190128_070006.jpg
    20190128_070006.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190128_065957.jpg
    20190128_065957.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190128_065936.jpg
    20190128_065936.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 12