What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ace limited release "back the congo"

The Hatter

Veteran
There are many NL's and NL lines.
The line used here was one of Reef's lines.
Im assuming Reef did selection for Congo and against NL and WW, explaining why they dont really show up much, just adding some traits (short flowering time, easier growing, less sensitivities, increased terpene production).

If that lineage is correct it means that Congo #3 is 12.5% land race congo and 87.5% indica hybrid, predominantly white widow and northern lights.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
If that lineage is correct it means that Congo #3 is 12.5% land race congo and 87.5% indica hybrid, predominantly white widow and northern lights.

A Landrace has so many wild phenotypes - many that we recreational growers dont want.
The "Landraces" on the market are hybridized and stabilized to express the landrace side.
For example. Try to find a pure Haze with no Affy in it. Everybody sells Haze and they all have NL or another Affy in there. Theres a couple that sre pure Colombians but they are rare and even those are a 1:10 or 1:20 for the keeper pheno.
The truth of lines is closely guarded because of the money at stake in seed/clone sales. I list my lineages and people doubt that there's a pure Durban or pure Thai to be found but there is. Its just the same way all the big seed banks do it except I dont say "Pure Thai" I say GTxCC.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi Hatter,

That's incorrect.

Congo #3 is a 100 % pure congolese landrace sativa used to develop our Congo hybrid strain, and more recently used in other hybrids, mainly with other sativa african strains like Ethiopian or Malawi.

Bangi Congo is another different congolese line, it came from mano negra, and it's a much more compact and faster flowering congolese compared with Congo #3. Bangi Congo has been used to develop both: our Congo hybrid strain and Bangi Haze.

Bangi Haze is a highly worked and inbred (at least 8 generations) congolese dominant hybrid so now it has its own personality, different to Congo #3 and Bangi Congo. Bangi Haze came originally from a congolese hybrid from mango negra when he was working at ACE Seeds, then it was initially inbred by estai, a grower/breeder from Galicia, Spain, then kaiki/charlie garcia continued with its breeding a few generations more then i've done the breeding of 3 last generations until its current state release through ACE. It's the result of the efforts of several people.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Here we see Reeferman say Congo 3 is NL x Red Congo.

And Red Congo was Congolese x (Mexi x Affy)

I dont know much about what happened after LMN's White Congo left Estai's possession, but Im sure about everytging up to tyat point.

Attachments

• IMG_5910.jpg
    IMG_5910.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 22

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi,

The Congo #3 we have at ACE didn't came from mano negra, it came from another spanish grower, and it's indeed a pure long flowering congolese sativa.

As i commented previously, i don't know what congolese line did the canadians received or how they did they use it for breeding.

I stay in facts and in my first hand experiences with our congolese lines.
What others' say or do with their congolese lines is not something i would like to discuss or speculate.

i think the problem with the Canadian Congo story is the conflicting versions of the story between Bob and Reeferman. Bob fully acknowledged the seeds he got were from reeferman with the instructions to grow them out and produce clones, no males were found. Hence my efforts to hybridize with the Deep Chunk.

A mistake people are making in their selections of BTTC are that to go with sativa looking phenotypes.

In reality one should be looking for the chemotypes which most resemble the original "canadian congo" I have grown out a large selection of BTTC plants this season, and the winner for best chemoptypes came off a very indica looking specimen. otherwise known as a dc pheno, yet other dc phenos dont have the stinky congo chemotype so remember folks select by the smell not by the appearance.

This years fun project Im going to call the Congola, its congo chemotypes of the BTTC crossed with select males form the Angolan X Meao Thai.

Last edited:
So I have ran a handfull of BTTC seeds in the past few years and more recently I have ran some F1 hybrids that I made out of the BTTC.
I have to say that the first 2 phenos I found were probly leaning to the indica/ DC side and from the look of the plants I wasn't too stoked because I am from BC and was hoping to find a Congolese leaning pheno. Once the plants were harvested the nose on the gear was impressive. My friend said it was the best tasting bong snap he had ever smoked. The smell was hard to pin point other than it had re reminiscing of old school weed I had smoked years earlier.
At the time I had a few Ace Malawi males so I hit the congo with the nicest male. (still haven't tried these)
The next time I found 2 males and decided to use them both to polinate some Girl scout cookie cuts I had and a few others. Most notable being a reefer man king kross pheno I had kept that was purple, smelled like grape smelly felts and hot my really high.
Long story short I grew the Gsc/BTTC cross in a round that got thrips and somehow all the plants in my whole room grew balls and whole crop went to seed.
I had been doing a pheno hunt and happened to take a cut of the Gsc/BTTC before I flipped.
I ended up growing it into a mother and cutting a round off of it only to put them all outside. I needed room and the only specimen I saw was not very robust.
Low and behold at the start of flower the plans were 8 feet tall and stinking so good I decided to flip them and the bud is smelling so good.
So far out of my BTTC crosses I have seen 2 pheno type
1 - DC dom I assume. Indica dom
2 ?? I call it mini wheat . Smells like dry plain mini wheat. More sativa than the other.
3 rotting flesh pheno. Smell like rotten meat . .more Sativa dom

Used BTTC to out cross my orange flavored kush.
Phenos seem to be more piney smelling orange kush
Purple king kross/ BTTC is same grape smell but more kushy and less purple in bud. ( SO KILLER)

All in all. I used The BTTC to out cross because I was looking for a canadian congo pheno. Although I didn't find it yet. I did make a few killer hybrids.
Next I am gonna do a gsc / congo x pck/ kc
Pakistani chitral kush x kali china (also by Ace)

My advice to people interested in running Back to the Congo - fingers the indica dominant pheno that smells llike a building block of some old school kush or Hash plant

album.php

Pics of an hybrid I made with BTTC
OUTDOOR
50°N sept 30
We had a good year . Wasn't expecting this to finish bit it is damn close. Currently 4 weeks away from pulling 2 20 gallon monsters I vegged all summer. All I can say is the smell is amazing. The branches are like a giants thumb and the nugs are huge ,frosty compact rocks.
Ironically I only saw one plant that was completely seeded of this strain and didn't keep any due to space issues and it being really scronny. The cuts off of it turned into monsters. I couldn't help it but to put them under some hps and see what happens.

Genetics
Back to the Congo (Tom Hill / Ace seeds) male x
Girl Scout Cookie (BC Bud Depot)
Bread by yours truly @ Alpine Underground

View Image

OUTDOOR
50°N sept 30
We had a good year . Wasn't expecting this to finish bit it is damn close. Currently 4 weeks away from pulling 2 20 gallon monsters I vegged all summer. All I can say is the smell is amazing. The branches are like a giants thumb and the nugs are huge ,frosty compact rocks.
Ironically I only saw one plant that was completely seeded of this strain and didn't keep any due to space issues and it being really scronny. The cuts off of it turned into monsters. I couldn't help it but to put them under some hps and see what happens.

Genetics

Attachments

• 20170930_130002.jpg
    20170930_130002.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170930_125904.jpg
    20170930_125904.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170930_125855.jpg
    20170930_125855.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 15
Back 2 The Congo x GSC @ 5 weeks

Back 2 The Congo x GSC @ 5 weeks

Plants in 20 gallons. Vegged all summer. Then put under hps. Pictures are at 4 week under light. Plants were showing flower maybe a week or week and a half before being put under lights.

Strain
F1 hybrid cross =
Girl scout cookie (BC BUD DEPOT) X Back to the Congo (Tom Hill/ Ace seeds)

Bread by THE UMP
ALPINE UNDERGROUND genetics
BRITISH COLUMBIA

Attachments

• 20170930_134509.jpg
    20170930_134509.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20170930_134523.jpg
    20170930_134523.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170930_134316.jpg
    20170930_134316.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20170930_133946.jpg
    20170930_133946.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 10
Richard Williams / Ace

Richard Williams / Ace

Wrong breeder ...
View Image

Richard Williams not Tom Hill

OUTDOOR
50°N sept 30
We had a good year . Wasn't expecting this to finish bit it is damn close. Currently 4 weeks away from

pulling 2 20 gallon monsters I vegged all summer. All I can say is the smell is amazing. The branches are like a giants thumb and the nugs are huge ,frosty compact rocks.

Genetics

congola (back to the congo x (angola x meao thai))

congola (back to the congo x (angola x meao thai))

Hi ,
A Nice cross, did the Angola is already flowering?

By gs

hello my friend,
yes the angola x meao thai are flowerng,
i have fertilized some of these females with BTTC stinkiest pheno
and also am taking some of the BTTC females and pollinating with some of the angola thai males.

grandsrin

hello my friend,
yes the angola x meao thai are flowerng,
i have fertilized some of these females with BTTC stinkiest pheno
and also am taking some of the BTTC females and pollinating with some of the angola thai males.

Hi Dick,
Great news , Angola * thaï is the cleaner high i hâve ever try ,
Here it dont flower fast enought , the weather was realy bad this year.
I Will try again next year to breed an Angola * thaï with a fast sativa.

By Gs

BACK 2 THE CONGO x Girl Scout cookies (Update)

So off the one monster plant that took up 2/3 of a room with 3 600 watt HPS I pulled 486.4 grams

Bud is dank, sticky, dense, rock hard, full of red hairs and smells of potpery, kush , and some really unexplainable smells. Towards harvest and when first cut down there is a prominent smell reminiscent of moth balls, on top of the fruity potpery smell.
When fully dried out the kush nose leaves and a lavender smell developes. Honestly one of the most diverse smelling weeds in my stable. Was made from a gsc cut we had that was a unique fruity kush smell that turns red and purple in cold and at harvest. I had a B2C f1 the round before that tasted so good that I grew out more f1s to get a cut similar. Unfortunately I had 3 males. I decided to use the 2 best ones, almost identical in structure, smell to polinate 2 of my favourite INDICA dom strains.
a Purple Kings Cross (reefer man)
and the GSC (BCBD)
This was the outcome

Ironically was thrown outside along with all its babies because the 2 gallon version I grew in pheno hunt was small and never matured before it was flipped.

Long story short when transplanted into a 20 gallon from a 3 or 5 it took off like crazy. Decided to give her another shot. Glad I did !

We left one out and if was finishing by mid October.
I'm at 52°N almost nothing does that isn't an Auto or unless tricked early.
She is the best outdoor off my deck yet. HANDS DOWN!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75110&pictureid=1798558

Glad you had some interesting results utilizing my back to the Congo as breeding stock
I think it is definitely a stable enough strain to try making hybrids with
Best of luck
Richard

Latest posts

Latest posts