What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE - experimental micro sativas

R

rüdiger

Thank you!

AM#3 test1 drying, maybe 2-3g, little denser compared to AM#1+2:

attachment.php

View image in gallery

AM#3 test2 day22, more soil more plant...damn indica;):

...*imaginethesoundofafricanbushdrums*...

This are 8 tip-cuts taken from the mini monster, 42! more on the floor(inc. stem cut) will feed the worms

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

AM#1 test2 day35, coco fed once, does the same thing, only one push,swell,finish...yield is ultra low this time:

M#1 test2 (the 2 I did not cut head from start), I had to top them today, they go wild again and the flouro module is touching my filter already...I'll try with test4 to get this under control, test2 showed impressive apical dominance never seen this before... :

R

rüdiger

The Zamaldelica seedma is badly stunted after root prune and does not do anything right now.
The clone shows nice her very branchy structure, she's like a dwarf compared to M#1 or a hybrid like AM#5.

She also does not stretch at all in flower, even if put more away from light.
This is Zamaldelica fem (Malawi/Zamal F1, as I understood), so this must be a very Zamalish dwarf pheno, see no Malawi at all...what do you think?

Awesome garden, it gives me a lot of ideas! Never thought of micro sativas nefore...

Ok, so now I understand why my Zamal x Orient Express clones are flowering now even they were in a 18/6 room and were ok about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I decided to top them and to transplant in bigger pots (I didnt prune the roots though, didnt knew). Do you think it will be enough to stop the flowering process? Should i depot them again and prune the roots? Or theres no chance for them to reveg once they started to flower?

In my understanding the autoflower trait of zamal is controlled by available rootspace and flower/growth -hormone level in plant.

When the Zamal taproot reaches a "wall", it signals the plant to start flowering as there will be no more soil and nutes to gain size and flower correctly.

When you now take of that "tap(s)" and repeat it everytime she gets "bound" , there is(in theory) no chance to flower!

R

rüdiger

hey vlad:tiphat:,
You forgot important part, is my lightning schedule!
It will strongly reduce the buildup of flowering hormones at night.

My idea to use the 12/5,25/1,5/5,25 (on/off/on/off) "short day veg cycle", is based on the natural light schedule a sativa recieves in native conditions.
The standard 18/6 veg sched. most use to grow, is
not ideal for a plant that recieves something like 13-11 light hours in reality and has in that range the "trigger" to flower.

As this is some sort of light-stress I'M NOT SURE if this will cause them to herm. Thats why I experiment.

It could be that a part of the Zamal autoflower trait is because using wrong veg lightning schedule like 18/6.
Dubi, I am very much intrested how you keep the Zamal mother!!??

Vlad, I would leave one as it is, the other one depot, prune and repot to a LIGHT soil mix, keep moist dont feed until new growth starts. Im sure one can kill a plant fast with actions like this - so be careful and work it slowly up. My delica seedmom is in a very bad health and does no real sign to recover. But clone is strong, were safe.

Ok I get it, I will try this light schedule with my upcoming OTH & Zamaldelica in a few months, thanx for the tip!

Since my last post I transplanted them to 5l pots and decided to top all the branches in hope it will shock her a bit and stop flowering. Raised the lights to 20/4 and it worked! No more pistils.

hey vlad:tiphat:,
You forgot important part, is my lightning schedule!
It will strongly reduce the buildup of flowering hormones at night.

My idea to use the 12/5,25/1,5/5,25 (on/off/on/off) "short day veg cycle", is based on the natural light schedule a sativa recieves in native conditions.
The standard 18/6 veg sched. most use to grow, is
not ideal for a plant that recieves something like 13-11 light hours in reality and has in that range the "trigger" to flower.

As this is some sort of light-stress I'M NOT SURE if this will cause them to herm. Thats why I experiment.

It could be that a part of the Zamal autoflower trait is because using wrong veg lightning schedule like 18/6.
Dubi, I am very much intrested how you keep the Zamal mother!!??

Vlad, I would leave one as it is, the other one depot, prune and repot to a LIGHT soil mix, keep moist dont feed until new growth starts. Im sure one can kill a plant fast with actions like this - so be careful and work it slowly up. My delica seedmom is in a very bad health and does no real sign to recover. But clone is strong, were safe.

R

rüdiger

@vlad, nice to hear you got it in control, cant use 5 liter myself, but it should take some time for them to root through that. maybe you'll have to prune then someday, or pot up to 10l..time will tell

The fasciated mutant Z#1 t1, her top was so dense she developed budrot.
so we have a partial harvest @day59 with all clear trich, the leftover part is on total flush and I will keep eye on it.
damn sticky, smell different to the Z#1's in soil, more green and earth.
my humid is like 50-65; day,night.

rüdiger

Last edited:

woogille

im confused
sorry for not reading all the way through but-
are you growing both 12/1/5.5/1, and flower schdule (12-12/ or other flowering schedule?) at the same space ?

if so
how is that possible without making fucking everything up ?

R

rüdiger

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The perpetual chaos system = flower,mama,clone,outdoor prep.
In this box .
The light schedule is 12on/5,25off/1,5on/5,25off, that is one day.
When 12on is over i place the flowering part in a dark box and they go in again when the next 12on period starts(next day).

so nothing goes f****d up for the flowering clones, the experiment with this short day vegetative cycle is only done with the vegging part.

I can also manipulate the flowering light cycle from 12/12 to 11/13 or even less for individual plants with this system, they can be placed to dark box in any part of 12on period to shorten their day like i want.

:tiphat:rüdiger
[/FONT]

R

rüdiger

real mountains too far and the sun too weak those days, but i'll mist the flowering mountains in little africa until they starve to death and deliver me fluoro-magie:biggrin:

lately I was delivered:tiphat: some of this stuff everyone know, but I wont use it for rooting the cuts - this worked nice without.
will start strange experiment with it soon.
The stunted Z#1 mama reacted to it with new growth 24h after foliar application.

start now, 1x Zamal Hash fem. ; 3x Purple Haze Thai reg. :

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rüdiger,

Fasciated cannabis flowers are usually less resinous, less powerful and less aromatic than normal flowers from other parts of the plant. It's rare to see a Zamaldelica with budrot but i guess your fasciated Zamaldelica top was too dense and the moisture also high.

I like a lot the look of your flowers and bonsais! ;)

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

Dubi, thank you for this information, the "normal" zamaldelica cuts flowering in soil and EWC express almost another strain, so much better!

I cut AM#5 (ACE MIX) test1 @62 days.
her floral went more sweet hashy, while anise side very strong when touched.

I also cut Z#1 (zamaldelica fem.) test2 @63 days.
shes overripe(stingy/amonia) sweet mango and earth.
started starving too late for my liking, this must be better scheduled.
When I compare with my malawi, this zamaldelica can handle more N and a higher EC from start but she uses that up very slow in later flower.

I will cut the other tests(soil) later to get an impression of different harvest times. maybe also try one @56day...maybe ;-)

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts