What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE - experimental micro sativas

R

rüdiger

Hi, its me

On 6.12.2013 I placed 6 BangiHaze reg. and 1 Zamaldelica Fem + 1 Malawi Fem directly into standart seedling mix.

The Malawi and Zamal sprouted fast and 5 Bangihaze soon following.
All showed great vigor (Malawi+++) as they were getting through their first two weeks.
They were followed by 5 ACE mix reg. seeds germed on 15.12.2013, which also all germed but one.
I repotted them from 0,2l to 0,69l and let them veg waiting for preflowers to determine sex.

To make it short:
The Fem. are what they should be
Zamal(Z1) fastest of all plants showing pistil after exactly 21 days since germination.

All but one(still no sign) ACE mix (AM) went female!

4/5 BangiHaze went tragical male, one is waiting(test clones rooting now). life goes on

I made moms out of the seedplants and I'm flowering their clones to test for the best

The setup:
My setup is a darkroom 120w (60x120) and 6x28w T5 HE 840 flouros(168watt, 6x 2600 lumens).
I'm doing everything (Veg&Bloom) in the same box.
The lightning schedule for the moms is 12on/5,25off/1,5on/5,25off!
This keeps them vegging with 13,5 hours of light.
The cuttings I want to flower, are placed in another box(DARK) when the normal 12 hours are over and go back to their mamas the next morning. It works - but requires some discipline...

The system:
-I will and am flowering them direct after roots show.
-They go to a 7x7x8cm square pot, 0.3 liters
-I will test diverse media(soil,ewc,coco,perlite...)
-they are fed only from below
-less is more

Lets start with the Malawi:

The seedplant is strong but dont likes to be fed over 0,6 EC!
She is also still not mature! She gave a cut for another mom of her, to be safe, if its killer

The 2 malawi clones flowering were getting 12/12 from 26.1.2014, placed in a too big pot(0,69litr.) totally crazy had to cut down drastically in flower week 2, so they build this in ~ the last 3 weeks:

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

This is AM 1, she was the fastest most indica out of the mix, showing some purple stems and other signs in veg.
This testclone 1 was put in flower on 08.02.2014 21days till now,
this is for me amazig fast. smells soft piney with an undefinated fruity undertone.
She is in 0,3l pottingsoil amended with 30% EWC fed only light bloom nutes 8/12/24 @ 0,6 EC, no need more N!

Testclone 2 was put in flower 2 days ago, she's in coco(0,3l) amended with 30% EWC.

Also short internodal expression for my low light level (~25watts sq.ft.) will test her outdoor this season if she's goin on like that:

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

(I'll show you Zamaldelica and the "others" tomorrow)

last pic showing the flouros

:tiphat:so thank you for intrest, and especially to ACE for this chance to try:tiphat:

Last edited:

BCJohn

Very nice!
I totally agree with CH, nice size. They look very manageable. I am hoping to be able to control the growth of my Malawi as well.
You give me significant hope.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Micro Zamaldelica

picture.php

Flowered 110 days in a 6oz yogurt cup as a demo project.
Yield 3.3g.

R

rüdiger

So here is AM2, at the photos she is 22 days flowering(12/12)
smells like AM1 less strong, more stretch

Last pic is AM3 not much to tell just starting to flower..

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

next AM5, she is same age as AM1, much slower flower - more stretch no smell until now.

Then some cuttings I took 3 days ago and AM1 from today(24 days 12/12)

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

And here the Zamaldelica,

Has shown preflowers after 3 weeks veg, the seedplant was radical root pruned to get rid of the taproot as she just did stop vegging when her(strong) roots reached bottom.(the tap looked like small carotte ;-) )
smells "mangue-carotte" since early veg, looks and grows very different compared to others.

First 2 pic are seedplant and clone mom

next is a fasciated growth tip taken from seedmom and flowered in perlite(0,3l) as a little side experiment, just standing in half inch nute.sol. with 1,2EC (passive) (8/12/24), 25 days 12/12.

Then a cut(test2) flowered in soil 22 days 12/12
As you can see in the rootball pic, theres some symbiosis goin on:woohoo:

and another one(test3) in pure EWC should be 16 days 12/12

She's so beauty

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

Malawi starts to smell like a box of old books/paper and some sweetness but on the dead side. dont smell her before breakfast:biggrin:

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

Thank you for visit my experiment!

@dropped cat, what day is that picture?

AM1, she is now 30 day 12/12, smells like scopex -
looks like she'll be done 2-3 weeks:

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

AM2 31 day 12/12 same scopex smell, more sweet

AM3 23 day 12/12 starting to be

AM5 30 day 12/12 nice resin, floral

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

Z1

Z1t2 in soil/ewc started filling up, she is at 29days 12/12.
smells mango with amonia like sting, no MJ smell. very little carotte now.

Mutant (Z1t1) is at 31days, lowered ec to 0.9 has tip burn.
Compared to the one in soil, she smells very "green" only slight mango
but she'll yield nice for a handful of perlite:biggrin:!

The EWC(Z1t3) one stayed smaller than soil, looks super healthy and is a little bit slower. she is 22days 12/12.

Last edited:
R

rüdiger

-M1 43 days 12/12 - pump up the valium

"rabbitinanoldwoodboxeatenbytheworms"

M1t2 is another round goin 12/12 today:biggrin:

have fun

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome rüdiger :)

Thanks for sharing your micro sativa grow, you are doing an excellent job controlling their stretching :yes: and i like the way they are flowering in your setup. The fasciated Zamaldelica is really crazy ehehehhe ACE Mix 1 and 2 seem to be a sativa x pck cross.

Thanks for the updates and keep up the good work!

R

rüdiger

Thank you for visit!

@dubi, this is very nice I didn't expect such variation in the Ace mix.

I have 5 Ace mix girls(out of 6 reg seeds, 1 dont germ, wrote "5" in first post, my mistake):

Am1, Am2, Am3 seem to be that PCK side

Am4, Am5 more sativa, no coloration yet

I cut the top of Am1test1 and Am2test1 @ 39&40 days 12/12, they were completly brown and swollen, both showing purple and other coloration in leaves and some in the calyx.
I left the lowers as they were showing some white hairs, when the top was ripe.
They both smell like burned butter with fruity background (scopex).
Yield is low, they only do 1 "stack" of flowers and then start to swell.
I think I slighly overfed with N, maybe thats why they matured that fast(that was EC 0.7 with NPK 8/12/24 !!!).
Missed taking some harvest pics but here you can see what the lowers looked yesterday(will leave them few more days):

1.Am1test1 Day43:

2.Am2test1 Day44:

Here is Am1test2 Day25 in coco + EWC, only fed once as I
want to see if she was overfed in test1:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts