What's new

ACE (and other sats) Indoor Tricks

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Nice to see you are already preparing your new indoor grow :)
I'm glad to see many Honduras crosses of your own :yes:

Honduras is a quite recent release and we need to learn and explore more how she works in outcrosses.

This thread goes to the sticky zone, it deserved it since a long time ago ;)

Thanks Dubi. :thank you: Actually, the Panama x Honduras is your Panama Goddess x Honduras (which I believe is the pink haired pheno?). I am really looking forward to them getting bigger!

The micro forest continues to veg:
picture.php

The Kaya clone in the back is really taking off, probably toss it into flower in a week. The Honduras crosses are so easy, 100% germ and happy as ever - Honduras x Alien OrangeADE (AOCADE) first, then Panama x Honduras. I've noticed that with only the 8.5w bulbs there was a bit of stretch on the seedlings, so the center 2 of the 6 bulbs have been changed out to 14w bulbs for a bit stronger light. There is now a total of 62w over the 60cm x 60cm x 60cm veg area (15.5w per sqft).

The Columbian Gold x Sour Dogs were a bit lighter in coloration and didn't pop, so I put 3 seeds in each pot and we'll see what we get. If nothing comes of them, I have LOTS of other beans waiting to take their place.

I discovered a (Zamaldelica x Ethiopian) x (Mauritius x Ethiopian) vegging where I used to compost leaves from the closet, so it has been added as well. I need to come up with a better name for that cross, I am thinking Zam-E x Maur-E to keep it simple.

Terpene

Veteran
Its been a whole 10 days and things have really progressed since my last update.

The Kaya clone took exactly 17 days to completely outgrow the 60cm vertical space in veg, which is about on par with what I've seen from most big lights in semi-SOG setups (a very good sign as to what to expect). I've now got it sitting in my flowering area (the upper half of the cabinet) and its 3 days in:
picture.php

In veg, things are going very nicely with the various Honduras crosses. Dubi's Panama x Honduras (right side) is just slightly slower than the Alien OrangeADE x Honduras crosses (center row) I made. ZamE x MaurE seems to finally have rebounded from its initial transplant shock and is greening up nicely. Round 2 of the Columbian Gold x Sourdog seeds are dismal - at best. So far, we're 1 of 8 seeds planted actually germing. Same conditions as my other beans, which germ at 100%:
picture.php

ULMW

Hi Terpene,

I concur with you about the qualities of the effects of the different african strains being discussed (Malawi, Zamaldelica, Ethiopian and Mauritius). I also believe that the effects of the pure Mauritius and the pure Ethiopian are closer to Oldtimer's Haze rather than Malawi. Indeed, the cannabinoid analysis of all these strains go in the direction to confirm these assumptions.

I'm so glad that you are finding these new ethiopian hybrids enough interesting to breed with them and produce new hybrids, indeed a cross between a well tamed Zamaldelica/Ethiopian with complex lemony terpenes and uplifting effects, crossed with a high yielding Mauritius/Ethiopian with lavender aromas and strong effects sound like music to my ears :)

I second that!!! Needing both on my next order!!!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You guys are the Ace of Ace seeds! Amazing work, I have to say. The genetics are awesome and that doesn't hurt, the main thing is the innovation you've put toward these sativas.

The micro-growing forum doesn't have a dedicated long-flowering sativa thread, so I've started one regarding cabinet design. Long Flowering Sativas: Micro-Grow Box Design Thread Any input on what rocks and what blows is greatly appreciated. :)

Definitely looking forward to being able to run some Ace genetics in the box I end up building. Thanks in advance for stopping by and keep up the work on the eye candy. *drool*

:D

Terpene

Veteran
Thanks all for the kind words.:tiphat:

Remember those cute little plants from veg? They're starting to become legit:
picture.php

In order left to right:
Colombian Gold x Sour Dog (2 pots with every seed I was given to see if any pop)
Med Tree Seeds Orange Antoinette F2 (3 front)
ZamE x MaurE F1 (1 rear)
Ace Seeds Panama Goddess x Honduras F1 (2)
Honduras x Alien OrangeADE (3)

The Honduras Alien OrangeADE crosses will be ready to go into flower within a day or three. The Panama x Honduras are about a week behind that. ZamE x MaurE a week behind that. So from seeds in dirt, its about 25-35 days before they're ready for flowering (including germ time). Clones are about 12-16 days. Its a mini conveyor belt of plants. :biggrin:

The Kaya is a week into flower:
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
The 3 Honduras x Alien OrangeADE were moved up to flower 2 days ago alongside the Kaya clone which is about 10 days in.
picture.php

Veg continues to move along steadily. In order left to right:
Jacket (Destroyer x Princess Diesel x P'91) F2 (4)
Med Tree Seeds Orange Antoinette F2 (3)
Zamaldelica-Ethiopian x Mauritius-Ethiopian F1 (1)
Ace Seeds Panama Goddess x Honduras F1 (2)

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Ok, sativa SOG from seed is finally starting to get hectic:
picture.php

I have the plants on risers based on height, so in no particular order there are:
Ace Panama Goddess x Honduras (3)
Honduras x Alien OrangeADE (3)
Kaya (Valley OG x X-18) clone (1)
Zamaldelica-Ethiopian x Mauritius-Ethiopian (1)

Closeup on the Kaya at 3 weeks:
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Lesson learned - don't let the plants get taller than about 20cm in veg, or you'll be topping them a week into flower when they hit the lights. Not exactly ideal, but as I said in the beginning, its going to take some time to get used to the smaller space. I basically need to throw them into flower before they even think about throwing lateral branches. On the up shot, I am 100% female on standard M/F lines!

ZamE x MaurE about 5 days in, smells like a mix of everything thats in it. Ethio's lemons, zamaldelica's fruity tang and mauritius's lavender earth. This plant has not been topped and probably wont require any cutting since I tossed it in at about 18cm.
picture.php

2 Panama x Honduras about a week in. The one on the left is a warmer, more pink grapefruit smell whereas the plant on the right is very astringent lemon.
picture.php

3 Honduras x Orange AlienADE about a week in. All three plants have a fermenting lemons-tangeriney-chemdawg smell in varying amounts.
picture.php

The Kaya clone (Tom Hill X18 x Valley OG) continues to love life at 3.5 weeks in, its got a smell somewhat similar to OG/production lines mixed with pakistani chitral's weird kinda spicy odor.
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Hey yall, I'm not dead!

A shot of the 140w LED armoire trucking along:
picture.php

Left to right - Ace Honduras x Panama, ZamE x MaurE, 2 Med Tree Seeds Orange Antoinette, GrowTech's Kaya clone, Jacket

My ZamE MaurE cross (Zamaldelica x Ethiopian) x (Mauritius x Ethiopian) is at 8 weeks and stacking nicely:
picture.php

A couple plants just refused to stop stretching (lesson learned, pure sats go into flower at 8 inches max!) so they ended up outside.

Here's Honduras x Orange AlienADE at 8 weeks. There are two plants in this 3.5 gallon SIP, both look quite similar. One is slightly taller, one slightly squatter. One has more fermented lemons (Honduras) and the other is more oranges (Orange AlienADE):
picture.php

The real star is Ace's Panama Goddess x Honduras. The smell is lemony, spicy, pink grapefruits and a whole bunch else that I have trouble describing without using words like "warm pink" and "blueish spice". Whatever it is, I am a fan (and more a fan of the Panamanian leaning pheno's smell than the Hondurans). Panamanian first, Honduran second, both are at 8 weeks in a 3.5 gallon SIP:
picture.php

picture.php

G

Hey Terp,nice to see an update!Gals looking fantastic!Hope all is well.
Cheers!:tiphat:

earthwyrms

Hey yall, I'm not dead!

My ZamE MaurE cross (Zamaldelica x Ethiopian) x (Mauritius x Ethiopian) is at 8 weeks and stacking nicely:

AWESOME

i ran 4 of the mauritius x ethiopian but i messed it up. i thought they would root faster and in a rush, put them in too deep of a seedling container. the water was never enough for the roots beause i didn't want to flood the container, and the 32-36 degree Celcius temperatures were evaporating the water too fast. they stayed stunted the whole time. by the time i noticed the roots weren't going to grow enough to save them, and i put perforated plastic wrap over the container, and then a few days later moved them to a cooler place directly under a led light bulb, it was too late and they all died. i didn't want to give a bad review of the tester so i didn't post about it. and also ive been busy. i was trying to cross it with french touch seeds K1. and maybe later a jamaican if i self the seeds ( inter cross pollinate i mean. not feminization). i was able to get 2 jalisco IBL to pollinate the K1, but one jalisco later grew pistils and self fertilized. does anyone know how this effects the outcome of the seeds on the K1 from that pollen? i have seeds from a real seeds ompany ,. nanda devi that was the only seed to pop and it selfed, i was wondering what to expect with it, if i can't find anymore new nanda devi restocked seeds?

Siever

Veteran
32-36°C is way too hot to germinate those seeds. It's even too hot for grown up plants. Anything above 28°C is too hot. Anything above 32°C is way too hot. If you could add CO2, the plants can handle higher temperatures, but Idk how much CO2 you have to add to make it easy for your plants to cope with such high t°.
May I ask you about your opinion on K1? Apparently you like it a lot, otherwise you wouldn't use it as a parent plant, but I'd like to know how it compares to other Zamals. Right now I have Double Zamal in the fridge, but I never get to germinate them, 'coz I'm looking up against the long flowering time.

Kind regards,

Siever

Siever

Veteran
I almost forgot to mention: according to me the best t° to germinate most seeds is 21-24°C.
If t° is too low, the seedlings will have stemrot .I don't know at what exact t° this phenomenom starts, but I estimate (for cannabis) it around 18°C.
The higher the t°, the more chance you have the seedling will dry out.

Kind regards,

Siever

earthwyrms

seiver

i have neen letting the, germ at about 65F 18C lately by floating in water and then once the tap root extends about 1.5 to 2 times the shell size, i take them and pry off the shell, then i use tweezers for electronics and remove the head membrane, by picking, downwards, the place where it meets the taproot, on both sides, and also, (with enough force to scrape it clean) its head from the top towards the back, a little to the front/downwards, then i take the small plant and plant it in a very small amount of soil (like a single serve mott's applesauce cup) with a drain or not, depending, in moist soil, with only the two cotyledon leaves above the soil, with perforated saran wrap on the top. and i put it under the lights in the chamber, or directly 1.5 inches to 4cm under an 8.5 LED light in a starting chamber which i grow wheat in with a long day of about when i wake up till i go to sleep.

my carbon scrubber is an overdriven stealth noctua pc fan, setup, which isn't quite as stealthful as i wished but it was energy efficient and could handle an led setup from ebay (i think 114W or 124W it's been a while). but it was in a clone tent, set 32in in side up (32in x 24in x 24in) and set as high as i could get it, it didn't reach part of it so well, so i put a ufo led in there and the just alright enough high 70s to mid to high eighties went up to the 90s and maybe 44C if i remember, i'm not sure, it doesn't catch fire, haha lol not looking to jinx anything, so i roll with it because i don't really have a better option with the amount of money i have monthly and projects and necessities to do/get. i guess it makes them stronger, if anything gives them evolution pressure but i kind of feel like i'm mean because it would be bad if people put me through hell to make me stronger. i don't know i try. it's a plant, but i dunno. anyway,

i use the box foremost for breeding, and i try to stuff as many plants in there as possible ( i have to remove a mulberry tree i put in in a down time between finishing strains, and i have two cacti tubs (in laudry pack containers) in there though). so the high temps might be good for selection, i'm not sure, iv'e grown used to dealing with it, but i will probably try something else on my new tent (and maybe swap out the light with one im trying to put together and put the old one in the new tent), i'm hoping to grow corn in, ( i'm trying to stunt/bonsai maize and breed it).

the K1 didn't really get alot of bud, just seed calyxes, but i haven't been smoking lately, just juggling everything.and also. i just found out i left too much moisture in it's cure jar and it's got mold. (i did this too to a well curing jalisco IBL when i put a not dried out enough ear of corn in the jar with it, that has a weird split feature at it's bottom and had a mutant second ear coming from it and it wasn't GMO). but i got the seeds from the K1 in stages, on the plant, and later on the plant, and then at stages of separability from the pods, when i harvested it.

i try to breed anything in the pure sativa realm which i mostly prioritize for heirlooming, to itself and a crop of other varieties, which are less in priority but still high or which are as high but i alot seeds for in case i don't get to "self" them. but i also try to work with hybrids/indicas ( i really could use knockout sleep inducer ) i also sometimes mix landraces (as mothers) with hybrids if i figure i an afford a few seeds

i haven't really gotten to really grow them right but i'm just keeping the genes going for now, in funny selection types of ways (i can't grow out feilds or anything, so it's kind of like a semi landrace project). i'm learning small space usage though like tokyo apartments or space habitation

i think i'm going to try to germ a little warmer, but i kept getting it wrong with my hotplate and a bugger and i seemed to have less germination. the root rot type seems to be different, but if i get it at 19 or 20 celcius maybe it'll be the sweet spot;

the K1 was not especially aromatic, although i liked the plants look (at the time, i forgot what it looked like now though), the wet then dried material kinda smelt like musty but not that but some sort of descriptor, grass. even so, i'm hopeful about the next time i try to grow it though.

also when i float seeds on water, after a certain amount of time (even if i keep the fungus gnats out with perforated saran wrap covering) i get bacteria buildup on the seeds in the water, so anything that doesn't germ quick enough, or sinks to the bottom. i have to improvise with. sometimes when i had seed failures like that, i threw them out in some damp soil, a tub, and found some germed a month or more later). i'm looking into different germing methods for stubburn seeds, because i cant get my corn seeds to sprout (rotted them)

Last edited:

Terpene

Veteran
32-36°C is way too hot to germinate those seeds. It's even too hot for grown up plants.

This is correct. High temps lead to more problems than its worth. Try to keep temps below 28C and they're much easier to keep alive.

seiver

i have neen letting the, germ at about 65F 18C lately by floating in water and then once the tap root extends about 1.5 to 2 times the shell size, i take them and pry off the shell, then i use tweezers for electronics and remove the head membrane, by picking, downwards, the place where it meets the taproot, on both sides, and also, (with enough force to scrape it clean) its head from the top towards the back, a little to the front/downwards, then i take the small plant and plant it in a very small amount of soil (like a single serve mott's applesauce cup) with a drain or not, depending, in moist soil, with only the two cotyledon leaves above the soil, with perforated saran wrap on the top. and i put it under the lights in the chamber, or directly 1.5 inches to 4cm under an 8.5 LED light in a starting chamber which i grow wheat in with a long day of about when i wake up till i go to sleep.

i think i'm going to try to germ a little warmer, but i kept getting it wrong with my hotplate and a bugger and i seemed to have less germination. the root rot type seems to be different, but if i get it at 19 or 20 celcius maybe it'll be the sweet spot;

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're turning a simple process into rocket science. I pop seeds in 3 inch pots of the soil I use for the entire life of the plant. Drop seed in dirt, keep medium lightly moist. No tricks and a running average of 90% germination for every line.

10 weeks on Honduras x OrangeAlienADE:
picture.php

Ace Seeds Honduras x Panama at 10 weeks. Honduran leaning first, panamanian leaning second:
picture.php

picture.php

Med Tree Seeds Orange Antoinette F2s at 6 weeks:
picture.php

4 weeks on a Jacket F2 (P91 x Princess Diesel) x Destroyer:
picture.php

greenfox

I've read through your entire read.
As many others have mentioned, your work is truly inspiring!

Keep fighting the good fight, and I look forward to witnessing your adventures.

Latest posts

Latest posts